Seven isn't too far away-y-y-y-y-y; in fact it's here now! AKL Lite Thread presents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alison, my friend, a big hug goes out to you and Fran. I understand and agree with your choice, if you need anything, maybe just to vent, we are here for you!

Wendy, your grandbabies are so cute! Enjoy all of your Mimi time!

Wendy ~
What sweet photos! :cloud9:

Love the photos Wendy! Such cute babies :)

Wendy... My Friend you have such beautiful babies.... Love on them bunches...

:hug:

Wendy,

Your grandbabies are so adorable! :littleangel::littleangel:

They are so lucky to have such a great Mimi! :goodvibes

Wendy, your grandbabies are so cute! Enjoy all of your Mimi time!

Thanks so much everyone!!!! I DEF. DO love them bunches!!!! :love::lovestruc:cloud9:

:sad: :sad: :sad:

We're not going. :sad2: Again.

Hey Alison,

I'm SO sorry to hear this news, I know you guys were looking forward to it. But, taking care of family is the first priority - sending you and Fran hugs and good wishes - I hope she starts to feel better soon. :hug:

On another note.............. was perusing the design thread and read about another designer having issues with people STEALING designs and sellinging them as thier own............. which is bad enough, but, we are NOT allowed to SELL any designs we make per Disney copyright laws.......... she advised we ALL google our names............... so, I did and guess what - YEP, some jackwhack STOLE MY WORK and is selling it................... I'm SO offended and mad :furious: - I did send them a nasty little note, but, other than that, I really have no recourse.......... it's just beyond imagination that there are people like that - I wish my Jambo wildbunch and I could go "fix" her little wagon.............................. :rolleyes:

So, I think this has made the decision for me, I was on the fence about coming back and designing again........... now, I know for sure I'm not. I'm NOT going to put all the time and effort into it - to have this happen. However, if any of my Jambo friends ever want anything, please don't hesitate to ask!!! :)

:wave2: Just dropping in for a few minutes tonight. I don't have much time to be on the computer right now with everything going on, but wanted to touch base with all my friends here.

Alison, Sent you a PM. I am so sorry :hug:

Wendy- Pictures with you sweet grandbabies are so wonderful! :goodvibes Really stinkin that someone would steal your designs and put their name on them and sell. :(

I have to go back and read what all is going on with everyone else...so sending good wishes to all my J's and K's.

I spent the day today planting plants in their backyard. They both enjoy spending time out there whenever possible and the weather is usually so beautiful here, so I just went down to the nursery and purchased between 50 - 60 1 1/2 gal. sized different plants. I chose Alyssum, Dianthus, Dahlia's, Lantana for the butterfly's, Verbena and many others. I tried to only purchase what will bloom all summer long and into the fall. They have a yard company who will keep them up after I leave. They have a lovely yard, but the plants were pretty much gone, so the color, scent and beauty will hopefully help them through this. It will take me a few days to get these into the beds and pots...but it is looking pretty good already today.

To keep this post on subject, I talked with IPO at AKL Jambo house today. We are booked for the sunrise safari. I am looking forward to F&W, can't wait till they release the events and seminars. When does that happen? June?

I have to get some sleep...having trouble typing this. Goodnight all ;)

Ann

So sorry Alison, it is great that you are there for Fran and can help like that. I hope Fran feels better.

:hug:

So sorry you had to cancel your trip, I know you were really looking forward to it. :hug:

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry :hug:

WHAT???!?! Huh?? :confused3

Alison, my friend, a big hug goes out to you and Fran. I understand and agree with your choice, if you need anything, maybe just to vent, we are here for you!

Hey Alison,

I'm SO sorry to hear this news, I know you guys were looking forward to it. But, taking care of family is the first priority - sending you and Fran hugs and good wishes - I hope she starts to feel better soon. :hug:

Thanks again everyone, you are are such wonderful friends and so supportive! I know you all understand my dilemma. We couldn't go, but I'm still devastated with the decision. I couldn't make her travel with the situation, but on the other hand we had the Doctor's and nurses blessing so it wasn't until she broke down and told me how truly scared she was that I realized we had to decide to cancel.

I'm pretty sure that the Jamborini meet will have to be canceled as well, but I have until September 11 to make the decision. If she is still on the wound vac, it will be a no brainer. I'm just assuming that I'll need to use all my DVC in California from here on out. I'm not going to entertain fantasies about going to WDW, but I will live through all your posts and TRs that someday I will make it back to the AKL sometime in my life.

I just hope that after all the updates are done in CA that we get our F&W festival back so I don't feel so gypped that I won't make it back to FL ever again (at least in the foreseeable future). Our festival is way different, but still a lot of fun. If I'm not staying in Florida at all my points will most likely get me Thursday and Friday nights for the entire F&W festival. That way I can get in line and be a maniac who waits all day to see all the celebrity chefs. They don't reserve CA events in advance (at least at the last festival) and it was first come basis. If you were there at park opening, you were able to see the celebrity chef. I am planning on doing that for all future events, so we need to be staying at the park.

On another note.............. was perusing the design thread and read about another designer having issues with people STEALING designs and sellinging them as thier own............. which is bad enough, but, we are NOT allowed to SELL any designs we make per Disney copyright laws.......... she advised we ALL google our names............... so, I did and guess what - YEP, some jackwhack STOLE MY WORK and is selling it................... I'm SO offended and mad :furious: - I did send them a nasty little note, but, other than that, I really have no recourse.......... it's just beyond imagination that there are people like that - I wish my Jambo wildbunch and I could go "fix" her little wagon.............................. :rolleyes:

So, I think this has made the decision for me, I was on the fence about coming back and designing again........... now, I know for sure I'm not. I'm NOT going to put all the time and effort into it - to have this happen. However, if any of my Jambo friends ever want anything, please don't hesitate to ask!!! :)

I don't quiet understand about what you do and how someone stole from you, but that is awful that they did. What sort of designs would you be able to offer to your Jambo friends? And what would we use them for?

I just loved the pictures of all your kiddos! What cuties! You are so lucky!

Wendy, such a shame that someone would steal like that. The actions of a few ruin it for many. :mad:

Can you send us a PM of who this thief is? If nothing else, at least we can make sure we never ever ever buy a single thing from him/her.

Your grandbabies are so precious! :cloud9: Thanks for sharing the pictures. :thumbsup2

I am sorry to hear that someone would do that. It is so sad that people have no integrity anymore.

Thanks again everyone, you are are such wonderful friends and so supportive! I know you all understand my dilemma. We couldn't go, but I'm still devastated with the decision. I couldn't make her travel with the situation, but on the other hand we had the Doctor's and nurses blessing so it wasn't until she broke down and told me how truly scared she was that I realized we had to decide to cancel.

I'm pretty sure that the Jamborini meet will have to be canceled as well, but I have until September 11 to make the decision. If she is still on the wound vac, it will be a no brainer. I'm just assuming that I'll need to use all my DVC in California from here on out. I'm not going to entertain fantasies about going to WDW, but I will live through all your posts and TRs that someday I will make it back to the AKL sometime in my life.

I just hope that after all the updates are done in CA that we get our F&W festival back so I don't feel so gypped that I won't make it back to FL ever again (at least in the foreseeable future). Our festival is way different, but still a lot of fun. If I'm not staying in Florida at all my points will most likely get me Thursday and Friday nights for the entire F&W festival. That way I can get in line and be a maniac who waits all day to see all the celebrity chefs. They don't reserve CA events in advance (at least at the last festival) and it was first come basis. If you were there at park opening, you were able to see the celebrity chef. I am planning on doing that for all future events, so we need to be staying at the park.

Alison, I'm so sorry that you and Fran are going through all this. :hug:

Stay positive: although it is a long road, Fran WILL get through this health crisis and you two WILL get back to WDW one day! Until that day, we are here for you in any way you need us. :grouphug:

Wendy I am so sorry to hear that someone would do this....

Is there really nothing you can do?

Whats in that OJ your drinking this morning Kim? Huh?:rotfl2:

....oh - NOW you show up.....you never answered my question from, like, FIFTEEN PAGES AGO.

BTW ~ it's iced blueberry coffee, thank-you-very-much...:snooty:

....oh - NOW you show up.....you never answered my question from, like, FIFTEEN PAGES AGO.

BTW ~ it's iced blueberry coffee, thank-you-very-much...:snooty:

No wonder why you couldn't read it....:surfweb: yuck that just sounds even nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter