Seven isn't too far away-y-y-y-y-y; in fact it's here now! AKL Lite Thread presents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the Enchanted Garden on the Dream

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse2012494.jpg

A little closer

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse2012495.jpg

MMMM, bacon! ::yes::

If you were staying at another resort and could only spend one night at AKL, would you choose the first or last night?

My partner and I will be at CSR for our first visit there with fd. I really would like to stay at AKL but could never afford it for the whole trip. I was thinking of adding another day on to the end of our trip and book a room only reservation in a Savanah view room. I want to wake up and be able to see this out my window. I'm not sure if we could get the extra day at the beginning of the trip so I"m leaning towards the end.

Also, if you are doing a split stay, will the resort move your luggage for you. It would be nice if we did this to be able to get up, check out, go wherever for the day and get our luggage moved for when we get back to check into AKL.

Does anyone think this could work or is a rotten idea. I don't want to waste that extra day moving luggage etc. I might see about renting points for that one day. I think I saw somewhere that it would be 16 DVC points for one night or something like that. Do people who generally rent points rent out a small amount for just one night?

Any info or input would be great. I might just get my night at AKL yet. :wizard:

If you were staying at another resort and could only spend one night at AKL, would you choose the first or last night?

My partner and I will be at CSR for our first visit there with fd. I really would like to stay at AKL but could never afford it for the whole trip. I was thinking of adding another day on to the end of our trip and book a room only reservation in a Savanah view room. I want to wake up and be able to see this out my window. I'm not sure if we could get the extra day at the beginning of the trip so I"m leaning towards the end.

Also, if you are doing a split stay, will the resort move your luggage for you. It would be nice if we did this to be able to get up, check out, go wherever for the day and get our luggage moved for when we get back to check into AKL.

Does anyone think this could work or is a rotten idea. I don't want to waste that extra day moving luggage etc. I might see about renting points for that one day. I think I saw somewhere that it would be 16 DVC points for one night or something like that. Do people who generally rent points rent out a small amount for just one night?

Any info or input would be great. I might just get my night at AKL yet. :wizard:

I think it's a GREAT idea!! One night at AKL will work. Your luggage can be moved for you, although I like to check out of the 1 resort early in the morning, take a cab to the next resort, and check in! Even if the room isn't ready, you will get your KTTW cards and can store your luggage with AKL Bell Services and begin exploring the resort. To me that's the easiest way to do it, but having the luggage transferred will work too.

Make that last day at AKL a total resort day. There is so much to do and see between Jambo and Kidani -- this way you can really "get to know" the resort! :thumbsup2

You should be able to find someone who will rent a small number of points to you. And that would definitely be the most economical way for you to spend the night at AKL.

Good luck and please let us know if you decide to add the night at AKL. :)

Totally second doing it at the end. Think of it as a way to relax before you go home ;)

I would stay at AKL my last night because I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else after AKL!!!!

I would stay at AKL my last night because I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else after AKL!!!!

:laughing: Ain't that the truth!!! ;)

Good morning Js & Ks! I am still in Ann Arbor and once again I have packed the wrong clothing. I thought it was Spring! :confused3 COLD and windy here, but at least no snow. Hope everyone in the Northeast stays safe.

Happy Monday! :)

:tiptoe: Don't want to wake anyone up. :) Happy Monday to all!

Laura, good to see you....sorry you are freezing your your toes in Ann Arbor... don't you know. :rotfl: Hopefully you will get that joke Laura.

I have not idea why I am up at this hour here in the west....but I am getting excited about our upcoming trip.

Brandi, hope you are having a great time in Vegas.

Alison you only have a few days until you fly off to Florida :yay::banana::yay:

Kathy (johnsmom) We never seen to be on the DIS at the same time. :confused3 I was thinking of you today and retirement in Florida. :cloud9:

Elin Hope you have a great week.

To all our new posters here on the AKL lite thread :welcome: This is a great group of people with vast knowledge of Jambo house and Kadani so ask away. We also have tons of information floating in our brains about all things Disney. So have a seat, help yourself to some coffee or tea and join in.

Ok...I am going to try and get some sleep now. See you after the sun comes up out here. :goodvibes

Ann

After three value stays, two moderate stays, we have booked our first deluxe resort for our next trip. The family thinks we're going back to POP. But sshhhh... I booked AKL this morning! Yippee:goodvibes

:yay: :dance3: :yay:

Good afternoon, Js & Ks!
Frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-emoticon-000590-large.gif

Last Monday it was 90. Today it is 48.

I'm getting so excited! Does anyone have pics of AKL resort merchandise they've purchased? I think we'll shop the minute we arrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter