Seven isn't too far away-y-y-y-y-y; in fact it's here now! AKL Lite Thread presents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION:

A new policy is being set forth, that shall be adhered to at all times, and is punishable by law:

Henceforth, let it be known that, in all future proceedings, this, and all future threads, shall include a mandatory dress code as follows:

i_3_zebra_domes_tshirt-p235327913059477528zxdrl_400.jpg

...without said uniform, you shall be prohibited from indulging in our weekly ritual:

zebradomes.jpg

....carry on.
army10.gif

Kim, Love the new shirt and how you designed it so quickly. I am going to start my order as soon as I finish posting this.

Since you found time to design and make the super cool ZD shirt I am sure you have the first edition of your Cruise to nowhere trip report done! Right?

:goodvibes Inquiring minds would Love to know!

Angel16

Congratulation on your upcoming AKL vacation. I am sure you will be amazed at all the work and details that have gone into the lodge. What a wonderful surprise for your DH!

Thank you both for your service to this great country! You both have made many sacrifices and it is very much appreciated. :hug: Be sure to have reservations note that your DH will just be returning from deployment in afghanistan. Perhaps there will be a little pixiedust: during your stay.

We will all be here, so drop in anytime and ask questions, tell us about your plans and just enjoy hanging out here with us. :)

Angel16

Thank you very much!! I look forward to learning more about the resort from everyone. From the pictures I have seen so far it is stunning! I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep the change a secret, lol. I *might* tell him after he comes home next month so he can enjoy "planning" some of our time there too.

Kim, Love the new shirt and how you designed it so quickly. I am going to start my order as soon as I finish posting this.

Since you found time to design and make the super cool ZD shirt I am sure you have the first edition of your Cruise to nowhere trip report done! Right?

:goodvibes Inquiring minds would Love to know!

Angel16

...uhhhhhhh......

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Wow, fourteen weeks early! Your daughter is a miracle. I hope her health is good. Thank your husband and you and your family for his/your service.

Thank you!! Yes, she is doing very well considering the rough start she had. She was 2 pounds 1 ounce and stayed in the NICU for 95 days. Even then she stayed on oxygen at home for many months but is doing great now other than developmental delays which are very normal for micro preemies.

I just changed our reservations from the POFQ (never been before) to the AKL. I called about 30 minutes ago and made the change. DH and I have never been to the AKL and based on the pics in this thread alone I can tell it will not disappoint!

Thanks to you for all of the great work in creating this thread. I look forward to reading through the whole thread this weekend.

My hubby is finishing up a year long deployment in Afghanistan (his 4th) and we are taking this family vacation when he comes home. I am keeping the AKL upgrade a surprise from him and he'll find out the day we arrive (we're driving).

I'm so excited!!!

Thank your husband for his service to our country and thank you for supporting him. :goodvibes

Thank your husband for his service to our country and thank you for supporting him. :goodvibes

...what Kathy said! :thumbsup2

Will do, thanks!!!

I can't get over how beautiful the resort is. The good news is that we are trying to keep this a low key vacation and we are staying for 9 nights but only have 4 days of tickets. That will give us plenty of time to explore the resort :goodvibes.

Thank you!! Yes, she is doing very well considering the rough start she had. She was 2 pounds 1 ounce and stayed in the NICU for 95 days. Even then she stayed on oxygen at home for many months but is doing great now other than developmental delays which are very normal for micro preemies.

Our triplet Grandkids were 1Lb 10oz, 2Lb 3oz, & 2Lb 8oz when born 3 months early. The littlest one was in the hospital for about 3 months (I think) and also had oxygen for a while when she came home. They also have a nebulizer that they use at night and/or when they get a cold. They just celebrated their 5th birthday 2 days ago and are doing fantastic. They are in the upper percentile for growth for 5 yr olds.

4 weeks from tonight we will be enjoying the end of our 1st day in Disney World at Kidani with them, their little sister, big brother, their Mom & Dad, and DH and I (Papa & Nana). Hopefully we will have enjoyed our first ZEBRA DOMES at dinner.:wizard:

P.S. RIP Whitney Houston...a wonderful voice tragically silenced way too early.

ATTENTION:

A new policy is being set forth, that shall be adhered to at all times, and is punishable by law:

Henceforth, let it be known that, in all future proceedings, this, and all future threads, shall include a mandatory dress code as follows:

i_3_zebra_domes_tshirt-p235327913059477528zxdrl_400.jpg

...without said uniform, you shall be prohibited from indulging in our weekly ritual:

zebradomes.jpg

....carry on.
army10.gif

I can not tell a lie. So sorry, but I do not care for Zebra Domes! Alas, it is true. I bit into one on my first trip to Boma but did not finish it. However, I did enjoy the other 3 dessert selections I chose very much. :guilty: Please, oh please, do not ban me from this thread :sad2:

I'm busy doing the single digit dance :tigger::dance3::mickeyjum

Kathy Z - No banning allowed. I can only take those domes in small amounts. Something about the texture gets to me after 2 or 3 of them. ;)

Good morning, Js & Ks! :sunny:

It is a very busy couple of months for me so I am not posting much. I am thinking of you all and checking in regularly. Thanks for entertaining me until the middle of March! :rotfl:

Good Morning Everyone!!! Just finished watching The Lion King, and it always reminds me of AKL.

We have never stayed there, but as I posted last year, we did visit the resort while dining at Sanaa.

I wanted to let all upcoming first time AKL visitors know that the resort is BEAUTIFUL!!! You will not be sorry for choosing this as your resort.

Well, until next time......................see you later!!!

Winter has really arrived in Central Florida! It was 31 degrees this morning. :eek:

It feels like I'm back in Delaware. :sad2:

Our triplet Grandkids were 1Lb 10oz, 2Lb 3oz, & 2Lb 8oz when born 3 months early. The littlest one was in the hospital for about 3 months (I think) and also had oxygen for a while when she came home. They also have a nebulizer that they use at night and/or when they get a cold. They just celebrated their 5th birthday 2 days ago and are doing fantastic. They are in the upper percentile for growth for 5 yr olds.

4 weeks from tonight we will be enjoying the end of our 1st day in Disney World at Kidani with them, their little sister, big brother, their Mom & Dad, and DH and I (Papa & Nana). Hopefully we will have enjoyed our first ZEBRA DOMES at dinner.:wizard:

P.S. RIP Whitney Houston...a wonderful voice tragically silenced way too early.

I'm glad to hear that they are doing fantastic! What a special vacation that will be for everyone!! I'm definitely going to have to see what the hype is over these zebra domes. I hope I like them :).

Yes, it is sad about Whitney although not very surprising. :guilty:

Kathy Z, don't worry if you don't like 'em, it just leaves more for the rest of us. I do agree with Elin, I can only eat a few, but I'm that way with any dessert.

79 days and counting! :banana:

I don't like Zebra Domes! :confused:

But everytime I have dinner at Boma, I'll have just one. I guess it's a JAMBO thing. :lmao:

I can not tell a lie. So sorry, but I do not care for Zebra Domes! Alas, it is true. I bit into one on my first trip to Boma but did not finish it. However, I did enjoy the other 3 dessert selections I chose very much. :guilty: Please, oh please, do not ban me from this thread :sad2:

I'm busy doing the single digit dance :tigger::dance3::mickeyjum

I feel the same way! After reading about the zebra domes here and how everyone loves them, I thought maybe my taste buds were not working. Like you did, I took one bite and threw the rest in the garbage can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter