• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seven dwarfs mine train

Does anyone know when it is set to open? I only have heard 2014.

That's all anyone has heard. Disney has not updated its opening date estimate and will only say opening 2014. No hint of early or late. Anything else people say is just conjecture.

The last update was end of June and they said the track has been completed its mostly getting the rock work and internal stuff done. I've heard an early 2014 opening like February march time

We have also heard it was early 2014 but that is just heresay... I hope hope hope it is late January because we will be there... but we are not counting on it... just wishing. :goodvibes

We are going early January and I would love to see it open then, but I'm not holding my breath!!

We are going the first week of March and touring plans let's me add it to my plan for that day so I'm trying to take that as a good sign. (I haven't bothered to see if it would let me for a plan of say. .. tomorrow because I'm trying to think positively)

It will finally open AFTER Universal finish their NEXT 5 projects AFTER HP II. :rotfl2:

Josh, the blogger who runs the EasyWDW.com web site, has guessed that it will begin "soft" opening in November 2013. It may be just speculation, but he visits Disney seemingly every week and has a great web site with lots of info (and fantastic photos), so his guess is better than mine.

I can confirm that the ride will be ready shortly after lord of the rings land has been built at universal.

We were there last October and the frame work for the station and some track were in. We were there in March and the track was in or at least what I could see, as well as starting the actual art work on the station. So it's coming along nicely. I would imagine it will be available for the summer 14 crowds. We will be there again in October. It will be nice to see how far they got in the last few months. But as we all know. Disney technology is complicated. I'm certain it will take many test trials to work out the kinks before they even do a soft opening. I am very excited though!!!

I've got my fingers crossed hoping for a soft opening in December for my trip right before X-mas. :santa:

Just curious, how does a soft opening work? Is it open if you see a cast member at the ride entrance or do you inquire at guest services? How does one find out if they are testing the ride?

I've got my fingers crossed hoping for a soft opening in December for my trip right before X-mas. :santa:

Just curious, how does a soft opening work? Is it open if you see a cast member at the ride entrance or do you inquire at guest services? How does one find out if they are testing the ride?

You will just notice it running and go over to the ride and inquire.

Yes, we have been to some soft openings. Last year we were around for belle and Ariel. We noticed that on disboards people had attended MNSSHP had been given a chance to experience the new attractions. Since you are going at Christmas I highly recommend Very Merry. Since that is a special event that might be an opportunity. Also, if you see people wearing wristbands, inquire about them. We found that they were cast members invited to the opening. So, if they have periods for CMs they might give it to the GP as well. Sometimes it's just about right place, right time. Hopefully the items I mentioned might help. Good luck!

I know early October is too much to ask but I'd be more than happy with Princess Hall

There's no set date yet. Sometime in 2014 is just an estimate. Last I was there, they were still constructing and looked like they had a while to go... Super excited for the reveal!

One of the blogs was talking to an imagineer and he said that, while officially it has been announced for early 2014, they are working very hard to get it open before the end of 2013.

That seems a reasonable statement. Baring any unforseen circumstances they will probably get it done late this year, but no promises.

One of the blogs was talking to an imagineer and he said that, while officially it has been announced for early 2014, they are working very hard to get it open before the end of 2013.

That seems a reasonable statement. Baring any unforseen circumstances they will probably get it done late this year, but no promises.

That would be great, as we will be there on Dec. 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter