Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+ Opening

Saw trains running.

Currently as of 1:30, Cast Members are only allowed to ride. CM told me there was a soft opening for 200 guests around 9-10 AM.

Several other threads confirm guests were allowed to ride this morning. Photos confirm kids rode so not all CMs.

we were in the Magic Kingdom this morning and my family got to ride the mine train, we were just walking past when we noticed they were allowing people on so joined the queue.

Official opening is 28th May but they are obviously doing soft openings.

They also offered the option to go straight back on and ride again if you so wished.

It was open to regular guests for 5 minutes this morning just after park opening. They had planned to do more soft openings today but had to evacuate the trains while CMs were riding, so it's CM-only the rest of the day (according to a New Fantasyland manager).

So that manager that told us a couple weeks ago we would be able to ride it at the 24 hour party seemed to know what she was talking about. :cool1:

It was open to regular guests for 5 minutes this morning just after park opening. They had planned to do more soft openings today but had to evacuate the trains while CMs were riding, so it's CM-only the rest of the day (according to a New Fantasyland manager).
My luck. Was there yesterday at rope drop, not today. Not going back until Friday and everyone seems to think they won't do any sift opening on Friday.

Guess I'll have to wait 2 years until we come back. :/

My luck. Was there yesterday at rope drop, not today. Not going back until Friday and everyone seems to think they won't do any sift opening on Friday.

Guess I'll have to wait 2 years until we come back. :/

Who is everyone? Do they not do soft openings on the weekends? People were being told today that it was only a short soft opening and there would be no more today but they just opened it back up. I don't think anyone knows when it will be(even the CMs) unless there is a hard no weekend policy.

Who is everyone? Do they not do soft openings on the weekends? People were being told today that it was only a short soft opening and there would be no more today but they just opened it back up. I don't think anyone knows when it will be(even the CMs) unless there is a hard no weekend policy.

Exactly. This is exactly what a soft opening is, by definition.

haven't read thru the whole thread, sorry if this has been addressed:

Won't the CMs walk the rope (drop) back to Fantasyland? I hated when it was akin to running of the bulls to Space Mt years ago.

haven't read thru the whole thread, sorry if this has been addressed:

Won't the CMs walk the rope (drop) back to Fantasyland? I hated when it was akin to running of the bulls to Space Mt years ago.

Since it hasn't opened yet, how can we know for sure? The walked-rope idea makes sense based on everyone's guess on 7DMT popularity, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens next week.

Did they let more guests in? Excellent!

Just went on at around 5:30 pm today. The managers explained to me that they aren't calling them soft openings, but are opening them in brief ten minute intervals throughout the day. I tried to take pictures but it's very dark inside the queue. IT IS AMAZING THOUGH. A little more intense than I anticipated. We got there at the right time and wouldn't have gotten on if space mountain hadn't broken down. :cool1:

Just went on at around 5:10 pm today. The managers explained to me that they aren't calling them soft openings, but are opening them in brief ten minute intervals throughout the day. I tried to take pictures but it's very dark inside the queue. IT IS AMAZING THOUGH. A little more intense than I anticipated. We got there at the right time and wouldn't have gotten on if space mountain hadn't broken down. :cool1:

Congrats!! They are probably still load testing but need full trains to do so. Glad to see people from DIS making it in!

Glad it sounds like there have already been some limited guests who could do a soft opening. From the info below it seems more people will get their chance tomorrow.

Told by a cast member on the Tom Sawyer Island raft boat this past weekend that soft openings would probably start Friday 5/23/14 for the 24 hour event. This person seemed pretty excited to share that info. They said Disney did this opening differently and decided to only do cast member previews, no annual passholders. They cautioned me that the soft opening on Friday is the plan but it could change. They asked me not to share their name.

While we were there we saw mine cars full with people, but they were cast members in plain clothes. The Tom Sawyer Island raft boat person told me they weren't allowed to wear their uniforms.

My son did talk to one boy at our resort pool who claims to have gotten on earlier in the week but I can't confirm it was legit. Who knows. At times there were two cast members out front. Other times lots more CMs and another time uniformed security guards out front too. There was always a small crowd of people hanging out there asking cast members for updates.

We missed it by days but had a blast on the rest of the trip. We've seen a lot of ride through video and images and I'm afraid all the hype would have left me somewhat disappointed. It looked really wonderful though.

It's open!!

My wife and I were the first two official guests to ride it this morning! A manager took our picture with his cell phone before we went into the queue. Just got off and now it's a 90 minute and rising wait time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter