• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+ Opening

May 28? How could it possibly take Disney so long to open this ride? This was one of the main reasons for our planning this trip when we did. Might just cancel and postpone this trip! Now to see how soft openings work and what my chances are of getting on this thing.

Soooooo sad :( :(
I was really hoping it would be open while we're there 5/11-5/18........ now praying they will have a soft opening while we are in MK on 5/11, 5/12 & 5/13

Disney Parks Blog just announced that the official opening date will be May 28th!! No FPs yet. I just checked. Maybe tomorrow?

What is the best twitter feed to follow to see if they are going a soft opening on the days that I will be in the park? So mad :headache: I miss it by 8 days!

Sigh....I leave on the 20th guess I'll be stalking the ride for soft openings

The article that announced the opening date said something like stay tuned fir more information coming. I hope they announce if and when FastPass+ is added.

Id hope they add soft opening for the 24hr event. I will stalk it out at 3am haha

Me too! I'm just so irritated with Disney. Really thinking about postponing this trip and just going somewhere else. What is so difficult about figuring out an opening date? I planned my trip dates specifically for the mine train and to allow extra days in case it opened late.

The 24 hour event at MK is the same situation. Here we are 18 days before the event and there is NO INFORMATION about anything special about it. I guess there is nothing special about it. I guess I'll just hang out at HS for Star Wars Weekend and enjoy that.

So just to confirm, no FPs will be available for dates before the official opening? Only soft opening IF we are lucky?

Word is Grand Opening is 5/28. So sorry for everyone traveling this month who will miss it. I hope you can all catch a soft opening!

So just to confirm, no FPs will be available for dates before the official opening? Only soft opening IF we are lucky?

That's correct. A soft opening means it won't be open all the time and only for limited, unpredictable hours so they can't offer FP for it.

We will be there from 5/23 to 6/1. We already had a MK day planned for 5/28. I'm torn because on one hand I'm glad we'll be there to ride it on its official opening day, but on the other hand, I was hoping for low crowds that day.

I just checked for FP+ for that day and they aren't up yet. Now I'll be obsessively checking until they are posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter