Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+ Opening

I read (don't remember where) that they will become officially available when they tell what the official opening date is. In other words, if they decide to announce on April 30 that the official opening day is May 15 then FP+ will be open for them but you won't be able to make them for any time before the 15th. Keep in mind That I just chose random dates for the example and I don't know how true it is because I can't remember the source but I remember feeling it was credible.

I'm there for Memorial Day rock your Disney side. Sure hope it's open! Have friends going to media event too.

I read (don't remember where) that they will become officially available when they tell what the official opening date is. In other words, if they decide to announce on April 30 that the official opening day is May 15 then FP+ will be open for them but you won't be able to make them for any time before the 15th. Keep in mind That I just chose random dates for the example and I don't know how true it is because I can't remember the source but I remember feeling it was credible.

That is what the CM said on the Disney Parks Blog. I interpreted it as you did. Seems reliable to me!

Thanks, so just to clarify... no FP+s even for dates in the future will be available until AFTER official opening? And official opening will not be until the media day or later? Thx :hourglass

No Fast Pass Plus just for the soft opening times. If you are there during a soft open period you will have to hang near the attraction and catch it when it is open as there will be no official announcement. Note that some parts of the attraction or queue area may not be operating or finished during this process. I have been told the same as others that have posted. When the official date is announced the FP+ option for the attraction will go live. Rope Drop is still a very realistic option as far as riding if for some reason you miss out on a FP+ option.

just booked a last minute trip 11-14 of May. My husband will be on a business trip and that sunday is mothers day so I thought it would be a good time to sneak in a short trip with my 4 year old :) I was thinking we may get to ride 7 dwarfs mine train so I'll be watching fastpass+ for sure!

First thing in the morning, I check this site. At the end of the day, as soon as I get home........I check this site. I'm so afraid that I'm going to read that FP+ opened up, but when I go to book our FP's, they will be gone for the days of our trip. The waiting - the stress - the anxiety!

We're going to be at WDW in early May and when I first booked this trip several months ago, it was seeming like the ride would be open by then. Now, we leave in 1.5 weeks and still no word about an official opening nor (apparently?) have they started soft-launches either.

I read a Disney article recently that said it would be opening "later this spring," which technically means it could be as late as June 20 (Summer Solstice is June 21). Am I the only one thinking that it may be more like late May, if not June, now? Maybe that impression is wrong, but that's how I've been interpreting the signs. I hope I'm wrong, though!

Everyone keeps talking about seeing SDMT on their wait time list on MDE, I don't see anything!! Am I missing something?

yanks1417 said:
Everyone keeps talking about seeing SDMT on their wait time list on MDE, I don't see anything!! Am I missing something?

I saw it a couple weeks ago. It dissapeared and I haven't seen it since :-(

I'm pretty sure I recall hearing the media event announced for the 1st weekend in May during last week's Dis news show. So I'd think that it'd be available shortly after that date.

My upcoming trip will be for the 1st week in May so I'm planning on packing my lap top & keeping an eye on it daily (no, I do not have a Smartphone :eek:). I plan my MK day mid week so I will patiently keep waiting until I see it open up.

I have no experience w/a big attraction opening but I am a passholder & have heard we sometimes get invited for soft openings. Does anyone know anything about this for 7DMT? I didn't notice anything mentioned in the spring Mickey Monitor. If if I were invited, would I receive an email notification or letter in the mail?

I'm pretty sure I recall hearing the media event announced for the 1st weekend in May during last week's Dis news show. So I'd think that it'd be available shortly after that date. My upcoming trip will be for the 1st week in May so I'm planning on packing my lap top & keeping an eye on it daily (no, I do not have a Smartphone :eek:). I plan my MK day mid week so I will patiently keep waiting until I see it open up. I have no experience w/a big attraction opening but I am a passholder & have heard we sometimes get invited for soft openings. Does anyone know anything about this for 7DMT? I didn't notice anything mentioned in the spring Mickey Monitor. If if I were invited, would I receive an email notification or letter in the mail?
There is a media event coming up in the next week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We're not going until mid June, but I'm sitting in this thread constantly. I'm going to take my excitement down a notch and only check it every other day from now until may. I don't think anything else is going to happen until the media day.

I've been checking this daily! We will be at MK 6/1 and 6/6. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of FP+ for those days.

My guess is that FP+ for this attraction will open up in May after the press event.

I was able to make my FP+ reservations on April 17 for June 16-20. I feel bad holding a "fake" FP+ reservation while I wait for 7 Dwarfs Mins Train. I mean I'll use it if 7 Dwarfs doesn't come online... But I hope it does soon!!!

The media event in a few weeks will be huge! Stay tuned on the boards, Facebook and Twitter. Once it opens up, it will be all over the place, but my guess is the first week in May.

A CM sent a text to be in MK Tuesday. He said the last of the construction walls are coming down this morning with final touch ups happening today and soft openings starting Tuesday, if this is true it should make for a couple of fun days on all the Disney blogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter