• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seven Dwarf Ride

We love it! It is very fast, very smooth, the mine is totally cool, one of the best queue's on property. Love it even more at night!

Oh yeah, the time of day will affect the ride as well. I liked twilight best because you could still see the outside part of the ride well enough, but didn't need time for my eyes to adjust after entering/exiting the cave.

We thought it was great. It's the kind of ride that makes you smile. I would describe it as smooth,sweet and pleasant and I'm a chicken. My DS7 liked the theme so much that he has decided to be a miner when he grows up. He asked for a pick axe for Christmas. :rotfl:

The ride is very well themed. The Imagineers did an excellent job creating a great KIDDIE coaster in the middle of Fantasyland! The ride is short, but to a kid riding their first coast, it's long enough. There are no "stomach" drops and the two lift hills give the kids a break between the faster sections.

If you have, or can get Fastpasses for it, I suggest you get them. The theming is such that your family will likely want to ride it when they see it. If you're visiting the MK on more than one day, try to get FP+ for every day. If you decide one ride is enough, it will be easy to switch that pass to something else. If it turns out to be a family hit, you'll be all set.

I am not a thrill ride person, so I may have enjoyed it more than people that prefer those types of rides. My husband thought it was fun but tame, and my 8 year old loved it. My 6 year old wouldn't get on it but I doubt she'd have liked it as she didn't care for even the Barnstormer.

We liked it. It's very tame but has some thrills too. It's very smooth and sometimes you can actually feel the car swinging which is neat. The dark part of the ride is good as is seeing the Dwarfs cottage with the witch knocking on the door. It's way too short though.

My 5 YO DD really enjoyed it but liked BTMRR better.

As PP mentioned, the cars are very small. There is hardly room for a backpack on the floor.

I wouldn't wait 90 minutes in line for it though but I wouldn't wait that long for anything at WDW.

Barnstormer is truly all I can tolerate for coasters, and that is pushing it. If forced I could do it again, but I'd never volunteer. I've never done Big Thunder. With that said...Can I tolerate the Mine Train?

Something very important to remember, the ride experience is noticeably different depending on where you sit. If you want the full experience you NEED to sit in the last car. Just one car up is a noticeably tamer ride, I can't imagine how lame the ride could be in the first car because I never rode there.

Last car is where it's at. :thumbsup2

This is totally true too! The first time we rode, they put us (w/o asking) in the front car. It was a great place to experience the ride from for the first time! The second time we asked to sit in the very last car to see what the difference would be. We felt more acceleration in the last car, and felt more of the free swinging. The swinging was also helped when the larger people in the car were on one side of the car, with the smaller people on the other...it helped the car lean more into the turns

I've read that it is enjoyable to ride this at night so I am thinking of getting a fast pass for this on an EMH night, after I've exhausted my three FPs at another park earlier in the day. Is this possible or do the fast passes run out for this early?

I've read that it is enjoyable to ride this at night so I am thinking of getting a fast pass for this on an EMH night, after I've exhausted my three FPs at another park earlier in the day. Is this possible or do the fast passes run out for this early?

They will probably be gone before you even arrive at WDW. We rode in August after Wishes. Wait said 70 minutes, but it was only ~30.

Like others have said, it's like a smoother more fun version of BTMRR, but it's not scarier or more thrilling.

Barnstormer is truly all I can tolerate for coasters, and that is pushing it. If forced I could do it again, but I'd never volunteer. I've never done Big Thunder. With that said...Can I tolerate the Mine Train?

I think 7DMT is much "easier" than Barnstormer. It is a very smooth roller coaster without any big drops. The worst part is it is very short! We only FPed it, and I can't imagine waiting more than 15 minutes for it. I really loved the ride, but given how brief it is, I would not wait more than 15 for it.

FP+s for this run out before the 30 day window for offsiters even opens. There is almost no chance of a same-day FP+ being available.

My whole family enjoyed it. My 6yo who is afraid of lots of rides declaired it her favorite. Honestly before we went I wasn't sure if I would even be able to get her on it. There are some parts where they stop you suddenly and it jerks you. My 6yo hit her head on the back of the seat which is hard wood, she cried a little but wasn't seriously hurt. It didn't stop her from riding it again and after that we were just careful to keep our hand on the back of her head as a headrest.

I am not a coaster person at all but tried 7DMT. Although I have not done Barnstormer, 7DMT appears to be similar in terms of turns and dips. It was a very smooth ride. Didn't toss me about as Big Thunder did. Glad I took Dramamine because it had enough movement to make me queasy. I would do it again.

A lot complain about it, but we quite enjoyed it. It does have lots of bumps and turns (and the cars sway). As per someone earlier's comment, we were in the last car so we felt it all. It's super cute too when it goes inside and you see the dwarfs singing. As people say, it is short though. See if you can snag a FP. Our family enjoyed it which included two adults, a 9 year old and a 5 year old.

I'm wondering if I should switch out my fastpass! :worried:

My 2 cents is keep the FastPass and experience it. It is a fun ride, just not up to par to any of the thrill rides. The standby wait times will easily be over an hour.

We liked it. Very cute ride and really smooth. We love thrill rides and the tame ones too. My 15 year old said it was awesome!

It's a small and short roller coaster (the entire ride is less than 2 minutes long) but it is definitely a roller coaster, I know a few adults that won't ride it again because they don't like at least one of the drops.

It's adorable. I enjoy riding it. I might wait 20 minutes but I don't see waiting an hour or more. it's very popular because it's new and it's cute.

FP+s for this run out before the 30 day window for offsiters even opens. There is almost no chance of a same-day FP+ being available.

I've heard horror stories with 7DMT FP+, but I got one the morning of when I went in July. I think if you try hard enough and are flexible with your time schedules, you can usually manage one the day of. Or maybe I just got lucky. *shrugs*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter