Set on Poly then AAA mentioned CR!

Joshy443

Earning My Ears
Thought we were decided on the Poly and when speaking with our AAA agent, she spoke very highly of the CR. We have kids age 2,4 & 7. We didn't consider the CR because pictures of the CR seem kind of blah - looks like an ordinary hotel not as fun as the other disney resorts. Some reviews I've read also make the CR appear to be hit or miss. Anybody have advice on CR or Poly? Any one know the status of the CR rehab? Thanks again for all the advice.

Never stayed at the CR, but I have several friends who did and they loved it. But I cannot say enough goods things about the Polynesian. With three children, I think you will find the Polynesian far more convenient as far as transportation. The resort is beautiful. Your oldest child will love the volcano pool, and there is a quiet pool for the younger ones. The resort is a lot smaller then the CR too, so you will find it easy to get around. You are also a monorail ride away from the MK, and also to the Contemporary for Chef Mickeys.

I've never stayed at the Poly, but my kids loved the CR. No, it's not themed like the other resorts, but they loved standing outside our door and looking down into the lobby to see Chef Mickey's and of course watching the monorail go by. But my #1 reason to love the CR is the view of fireworks. We had an MK view room during 4th of July in 2005 and oh my gosh it was like the fireworks were right on top of us and we didn't have to fight the crowds to see them, just sat on the balcony in our pajamas.

And as for convenience if you're going to MK alot you can't beat it.

Both good for different reasons, but with kids I think I would take Poly just because of the pool - at Cr the pool is just in concrete and boring...volcano pool at Poly.

I do love the Polynesian and it is great for families, I guess if I was considering CR I would have to stretch to a tower room, the garden wings don't do it for me personally .... a CR tower MK view would be fab, but I do love the chill out, down time, total battery recharge the Polynesian gives you

JMHO

I've stayed at both and I would choose the Poly over the CR, hands down. I like the CR resort but wouldn't stay there again unless I was able to be in a tower room. I stayed in a North garden wing room and it was nice, but was a hike to get to the Tower and the Monorail. I don't like slamming or giving negative reviews on the CR because it's a WDW original and a landmark on top of it. There's no other hotel in the world quite like it and the first time you see the monorail glide through the Tower (Grand Canyon Concourse) it kind of catches your breath and amazes you.

I didn't care for the Pool and thought that the CR deserved a better pool than what it recieved. It's nice and all but the CR is a classic resort and deserves better, much like the Poly got in 2001. I also didn't care for the old room decor but some do and the "new redesigned" rooms look really cool, except for the white bedspreads! LOL! If the imagineers could put their heads together and do a really neat "state of the art" big pool with slide and add some color to the outside of the building, then the CR would have more fans, IMHO. It still a nice resort and you just can't beat the location, especially a Tower room.

cont47.jpg

Nice pool but it could be a lot better.

Our first stay, when our kids were about that age (2,5,8) was at the Poly. We all loved it. We are going back there this year for our 8th trip to WDW. We have stayed at the contemporary, for 3 nights around NYE in 2003. I agree with the previous poster; we had a tower MK view and the fireworks at midnight were absolutely awesome. We could look on TV and see the people like sardines at MK, and we were so glad to be watching from our room. I think CR would be great for a big fireworks occasion. That said, I don't think I'd like a wing room after being in a tower room.
The Poly does have a way better pool--that was one of my considerations this time since we are going in July. Also, the kids picked it over the CR (they will be 8,11 and 14 this trip--waah, they grow up so fast!).
I think you might want to stay at the CR before your kids are grown and "jaded" about it--when we were there DS was 5 and just fascinated by the monorails--but you can't go wrong with the Poly either.
Robin M.

I have stayed at both, once at the CR and 4 at the Poly. I think the Poly would be much more convenient with kids, very easy to get outside. At the CR you are always taking an elevator/escalator to get outside or to the lobby(at least from the tower) and after a few days at the CR I had enough of it.

It's been a while, but we have stayed at both. We're in the minority but the Polynesian is our least favorite resort to date. We just knew we were going to love it but in the end we didn't.

The Contemporary is great! Short walks to everything and easy food/drink/mug access. The wild decor, while not my taste, is themed. (soon to be gone anyhow) Our room overlooked the MK and watching the fireworks and the castle change colors each night was very magical! Ds was about 7 that trip and would LOVE to stay there again. He still talks about it at 13 and would love to stay there again but doesn't remember much about the Poly except for 'Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter