Set for NYE, 2020!

We are at VGF in a standard view studio from 12/28 - 12/31 and at CCV from 12/31 to 1/4 in a 1-bedroom. I am debating switching out VGF to a 1-bedroom at OKW or AKV at 7 months for a little more room. Any thoughts? It's myself, DH, DD16 and DS13. We have never been to Disney over the Christmas/New Year holiday but it's been our crazy bucket list and we will probably do more resort time than normal because of the crowds.

We are at VGF in a standard view studio from 12/28 - 12/31 and at CCV from 12/31 to 1/4 in a 1-bedroom. I am debating switching out VGF to a 1-bedroom at OKW or AKV at 7 months for a little more room. Any thoughts? It's myself, DH, DD16 and DS13. We have never been to Disney over the Christmas/New Year holiday but it's been our crazy bucket list and we will probably do more resort time than normal because of the crowds.

We just did our first New years trip and I kind of thought we'd spend more time at the resort too because of all the crowds but nope, it was pretty normal. However we normally spend some time at the resorts taking a break during most days but not all.

We love Christmas week. Sure the crowds are shoulder to shoulder at times, but its all relative. All the queues are open, rides are at full capacity and CM numbers are high. Its also cooler, so your park day experience can be longer. I 'd go for a one bedroom if you need a full kitchen / laundry options.. Not because you *might* be in a room for longer.

VGF is much more convenient for MK, and because the MK’s fireworks are definitely worth seeing on December 30th, I would stay at VGF.
I stay at resorts adjacent to parks during this festive time and I have heard traffic is awful on the roads. I would be very happy with the resorts you have.

BLT December 29-31, then BWV 31-January 2. Then a Star Wars Cruise on the Fantasy!

Who else is planning a Disney themed NYE, 2020?
:)
We booked a Polynesian standard view studio and will watch the fireworks from the beach.

We stayed at BWV this past new years, Dec 27-Jan 1. We thought we would be "stuck" at the resort (we were thinking of buying there) but ended up spending more time in the parks than we thought. Weather is perfect, and so lines are not so bad.

Given the school schedules, we decided to go back again this December. Booked RIV 2 bedroom STD Dec 27-Jan 3.

MK fireworks on the 30th and EPCOT on the 31st made for a great plan to land 2 epic firework shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter