Sessions?

iloveokw

DIS Veteran
We have been on cruises before when the piano bar had some interactive "sing along songs" and really enjoyed the pianist/singer and being able to participate. What is it like in Sessions? Thanks.

pixiedust:

sessions is like a typical piano bar. dim lights, soft music - can definitely carry on a conversation, attentive servers. pianist does sets so sometimes music is over the speakers instead of live. Each is different and only a few times have i seen audience interactive sets. If you are looking for interactive shows you can find them in rock-n bar D, studio sea and promenade. There is something for everyone.

We have been on cruises before when the piano bar had some interactive "sing along songs" and really enjoyed the pianist/singer and being able to participate. What is it like in Sessions? Thanks.

pixiedust:

Nice and quiet ...I have never seen a "sing a long" there

I spent every evening in Sessions before our dinner on the Magic. Just spent about an hour relaxing with a cocktail before our 8:30 dinner. The current piano player is Tim and he is great!!! Very nice and he would come around to chat at all the tables after he finished his set.

Wanted to go back after dinner but always seemed to being something else. He plays until 12:00 midnight each night.

MJ

I've seen sing alongs at some of the family shows--remember the dueling pianos? But never in sessions.....it is a classy adult venue.

It is not like that in Sessions. It is more of a background music situation. Also word is that there won't be a piano player on the Magic in the very near future so unless you are going in the next week or so, there will just be piped in music. :(

It is not like that in Sessions. It is more of a background music situation. Also word is that there won't be a piano player on the Magic in the very near future so unless you are going in the next week or so, there will just be piped in music. :(

So we are paying more $$ and getting less:rotfl2:

NOOOOO! How did you hear this??

I cannot divulge my sources, but you can count on seeing it posted her in the next week or two by someone who has cruised.

I hope it lasts until end of the month. We sail on the 21st and without the kids Sessions is our retreat before dinner and sometimes after. Live music even in the background creates a nice ambiance. Canned music is just doesn't work as well.

Sorry but this or next week is the end of the Piano player's contract.

we are on the wonder 2/26 - i will report back. sad but now we will know what is up. not many people in sessions when we were ever there in the past. economy tightening and dcl feeling it too. free kids, bounce back really working for them now (booking wise but not sure $ wise). not sure what will happen after.

This is for the Magic, not the Wonder. I have no idea what is happening on that ship with the piano player.

There ysed ti be dueling piano players but that went away about the same time as the afternnoon Cataway show. Too bad, they were fun to watch.

OK all...debarked yesterday and I can confirm that Tim is still playing in Sessions. My wife and I enjoyed him before and after dinner most nites, as did a number of people. He was upset to hear rumours of his demise. He even checked with his booking agent and confirmed there are no plans to end Sessions music.

Tim, I know you are monitoring this thread...thanks for the good memories

Fellow Canuk!:cool1:

On the Wonder 2/8 and 2/12 cruises we had Darryl Lockhart (or Lockwood) doing live piano in Cadillac lounge.....3 one hour sets each evening. I'd previously enjoyed him on the Magic so was delighted to see him on the Wonder. He has excellent piano technique.

In addition, there was a younger guy who played the grand in the atrium some evenings and at the "Till We Meet Again." Sorry, don't know his name and didn't care for his playing. But then, DD is a classical pianist, so she's really picky about technique.

In addition, there was a younger guy who played the grand in the atrium some evenings and at the "Till We Meet Again." Sorry, don't know his name and didn't care for his playing.

Would that be Adam? Anybody know? DH and I enjoyed him. Really nice guy. We were wondering if he was still with DCL.

We cruised when the clubs all allowed smoking after 9 pm, so we didn't spend much time in any of them. And even during the day they smelled of cigarettes. Sessions was almost always empty on our cruise, a packed New Year's Eve week cruise, so at least with the crowd on board our cruise, it wasn't very popular. Wonder if that may be why, it the rumor is true, Disney is dumping live music in Sessions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter