Sesame Place

I just saw this park on an episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 and they both raved about how clean the park was. Im not sure when their visit took place, but they seemed to like it a lot as well as the kids. Granted they probably didnt have to pay a dime, but I dont think Kate would say positive things about something she didnt like just because it was a free trip. I had forgotten there even was a Sesame Place Park and my 18 year old wanted to know why we had never been there when she was little!!

If you notice, the park was nearly empty the day they went. That certainly helps. Unfortunately for SP, they can't be behind the people who have no respect for anything. The weekdays draw a better crowd of guests overall.

Totally agree about going on weekdays if at all possible. Less people and better crowds, ITA.

I live less than 2 miles from Sesame Place. I have a 2 1/2 year old little girl who loves SP. She calls it Elmo's House. We go 2 to 3 times a week for a few hours. But we don't eat there. The food can be good but not worth the cost. You can pay for parking and hold onto your parking ticket. You can leave the park and eat off site and come back, show your parking ticket and not have to pay again. Yes the park is dirty. The bathrooms are awful. We were there a week ago Saturday and the Count's Fount was closed because some little one went poo. I am sure that happens wherever little kids are in the water. My daughter loves the parade at 7pm. She has to ride the carousel multiple times each trip. People do line cut big time. We were in line last night for Ernie's Bed Bounce, they only allow 10 kids at a time, we were number 9 in line. The guy in front of us, just as we were going through the gate to get on, called his brother over and told him to bring his nephew. This happened right in front of the attendent. She just shook her head. The park staff doesn't enforce the rules.
PM me if you want more info.

I just saw this park on an episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 and they both raved about how clean the park was. Im not sure when their visit took place, but they seemed to like it a lot as well as the kids. Granted they probably didnt have to pay a dime, but I dont think Kate would say positive things about something she didnt like just because it was a free trip. I had forgotten there even was a Sesame Place Park and my 18 year old wanted to know why we had never been there when she was little!!

Jon and Kated visited on a weekday in mid-June. I happend to be at the park when they were fliming.

I grew up in around the corner from Sesame Place so when my daughter turned a year old we HAD to get season passes (Passports). I have never had a problem with it being dirty but we rarely go on the weeks because of the crowds. I think the characters are great and the performers are so talented. I think it's a great trip for anyone with little kids....even if it's just once! :)

We just took DD last week. We purposely went on a Monday to advoid the crowds. I had read a lot of things here about SP and how dirty it is and how over crowded it becomes. My DH and I went with the plan of spending a few hours, let DD ride a few rides and meet some characters. We were given free tickets so we weren't really going to lose anything other then the cost of parking.

The water attractions were very clean and the life guards were right on top of everything. We didnt go on any of the slides because DD is only 22 months. But she did love the wave pool and lazy river. We changed into dry clothes after the wet rides and the bathrooms were clean but the floors were slippery. I found the workers extreamly friendly.

We ate lunch at one of the food courts. The food was surprisingly good and the Elmo cupcakes were so good we got seconds. We just had pizza for lunch and it was really yummy! The dining area was clean and as soon as someone left a table there was a worker cleaning it off.

We actually planned on leaving by 2pm at the latest but ended up staying past 5 pm we were having so much fun. I would not hesitate to take DD again next summer she had that much fun. It is not Disney but a great little park for a hot day!

How funny is it that so many people think it was dirty and so many think it's clean. How can we all be so different in our opinions? Are you sure we went to the same place? Like i've said i've been there many many times and never once thought it was dirty.

p.s. Last year Mark Wahlberg was there floating right in front of us on the lazy river. He has his dd on his lap and he was sooooo hot!

How funny is it that so many people think it was dirty and so many think it's clean. How can we all be so different in our opinions? Are you sure we went to the same place? Like i've said i've been there many many times and never once thought it was dirty.

p.s. Last year Mark Wahlberg was there floating right in front of us on the lazy river. He has his dd on his lap and he was sooooo hot!

Since we have annual passes and live in Langhorne, we've gone about 12 times this year. It has been clean 11 out of the 12 times. The 12th time was on a recent Saturday. If it was my first trip, it would have certainly been my last! I don't know how people can be so dirty...find a trashcan!

I will say, that when we go during the week, the park is much cleaner. On the weekends, it can be dirty. The reason I say the bathrooms are dirty, is that people use the bathrooms to change out of their wet bathing suits instead of using the changing rooms. When I am trying to potty train a little one, I have a hard time to keep her shorts dry from when they touch the floor. This past Tuesday, there were no paper towels in the bathroom to dry our hands with. I tried every dispensor.
I will say, my daughter loves, Elmo World Live.
Enjoy your trip,

Some people, myself included, wouldn't be caught dead at Disney over July 4th weekend because of the hot, unruly crowds. It just doesn't make sense to me. The same applies for Sesame Place. Don't go when all of NYC and Philly will be there or you will be disappointed. Go when there are fewer crowds and your kids will appreciate it more. We went on tuesday afternoon recently and it was wonderful.
If I judged WDW by the crowds at Jersey week/veterans day, I would probably never want to go back their either. Thanks to the disboards I know better.
My favorite time at SP is October when they have trick or treating and dry rides/shows. My DD gets so excited about dressing up an extra day or two and getting to trick or treat.

We go so often...how did i miss him!?!?!? :confused3 I agree, he is hot! I might go now just in case he decides to use his free second day pass!

We went two years ago. It was good (good, but not quite Disney good)...a bit on the expensive said as others have mentioned.

We went 6 years ago and vowed to never return. It was filthy, the water was cloudy, and the people! UGH, the people!!! Rude, loud, obnoxious, cursing at their kids, letting their kids cut in lines, etc. Yes, it was probably a weekend (I can't remember, but I'm guessing it was a Saturday), but the experience was bad enough to keep us away from the place !

what age range do you think its more geared towards? Is their enough things to do for 9yo?

There is a lot to do for 9 year olds, if they like water parks. Dry ride wise, there is a couple of things but not as much. So if you go, make sure you go on a warm day to enjoy the water park aspect.

thanks..I know my toddlers would love it.. they are having an abby/elmo birthday this month. I just dont know if I can part with $$290 on tickets

what age range do you think its more geared towards? Is their enough things to do for 9yo?
My DS was 9 the last time we went, he LOVED the big waterslides, the lazy river, there are quite a few raft rides as well.
I would take the younger DS and DH and DS 9 would go off and go on the older type stuff.
He still asks to go to Sesame Place, just for the water park side of it. Dh talks about it also. They really have fun on the slides.
Just keep in mind that it is a smaller park, don't expect TL;)

We love Sesame Place! I've been at least two times a year the past three years. Last time we went was maybe a month ago and on a Sunday. It was crowded, but not as bad as I had expected. And everything was very clean, and the workers were still friendly.

Someone mentioned the Elmo cupcakes...I had one earlier this year and it was awesome! haha

And as far as older kids...I used to go when I was about 12 because I have a sister 9 years younger then me, well I always enjoyed it! I remember specifically wanting to go (I did take a friend with me so we could do the bigger water slides together) and enjoying it!

Well, now...that would certainly make things more interesting, wouldn't it? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter