Sesame Place visitors - stroller ?

bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Taking my DGrD and DNeph to SP next week and was wondering about taking DGrD's stroller. Do they rent strollers at the park and what are they like? Is the park small enough to do without a stroller? Did you take your own? DGrD will be turning 2 there and we will be staying at a hotel across the street so that we can visit the park for a few hours in the morning - lunch and nap at the hotel - back to the park for a few hours till closing. Thanks for any help/advice about renting or taking my own stroller (and anything else you can think of !) - DNeph (7) is calling this our "trial run for WDW" (we're hoping she likes the characters)! :smooth:

We were at Sesame Place three weeks ago and there were some rental strollers available but we brought our own (we brought our Maclaren Twin Traveler). There's no way I could do Sesame Place without a stroller for a just turned 4 year-old, forget about a 2 year-old! :rotfl:

We stayed across the street, too -- at the Sheraton. They have a shuttle to the park but we opted to take our car over and pay for parking.

In my opinion, it's best to plan for 2 days at Sesame Place with little ones -- that way you can take a break from the park after the parade, and then go back the next day for more fun. The admission price is good for 2 days. :Pinkbounc

Have a great time!

I have been to Sesame Place a few times but 1st time with DD 20months this summer. It's a great small park and a stroller is great to have :cool1: I don't know if they rent, I have not done so myself :confused3

the park has both water rides and splash pools and regular rides (teacups and roller coaster) mixed together. For the 2 year old, try the pools and playground near the rubber duckie raft ride :banana: Left hand side when you first enter the park. These water areas are small and shallow for the toddler set. Not alot of excitement for an older child but calmer and safer, in my opinion. The tiny railroad under the raft ride is child operated but i saw mostly adults pushing the cars around the track as not many of the little ones were strong enough push and pull the huge lever to make the railcar move

To the right, past the roller coaster, is a HUGE climbing playground that is 3 flights high! My 8 yr old was in that for some time with her friends while little one and I played down below on a under 3/4 only area in the shade. Sorry can't remember the exact age cut off :confused3 The toddler area was padded on the ground with soft blocks to pile up or climb on. a nice sitting area around it for the moms/dads.
The only area I tend to avoid is to the back of the park on the right side ( i really should get up and get my map! sorry I can't remember the proper names of things :rolleyes: ) A very crowded water area that has has alot of fountains spraying up, out and every where. It has an umbrella type fountain in the middle of it and water pours off of it. I avoid it 'cause I don't want to get soaked but my oldest loved it! I also find it a little too hyper and crowded for my taste. But a hidden little treasure is just behind it... the cutest little tube ride and it is very quick with almost no line. Our group of kids rode again and again while we adults got a few minutes to rest :earboy2:

Gee, didn't mean to rattle on and on. We just went again and I loved it as much as the kids :teeth:

We loved it there with our 2yo ds last summer. I don't know about the rentals, but we brought our folding jogger and it was great! There are a lot of water attractions, so don't bring a stroller if you don't want it to get wet. Our jogger was perfect because it didn't have the kind of fabric that soaked up the water! It was also nice because ds fell asleep before we got to leave for the hotel and we just walked around while he napped.

We rented a double stroller there a few years ago. I can't remember how much it was, but I'm sure you can find the info at sesameplace.com. They were hard plastic, so not too comfy unless you bring beach towels to use as cushions. Yes, you need it with little kids if you have a diaper bag or a little one who might want to take an impromptu nap. The park is not too big, but it's big enough to not want to lug bags or kids through. Take a look at the schedule online because it closes early, some nights at 6:00. It's a water park, so you don't want to be there and wet when the sun starts going down. Go on the lazy river ride first because the lines grow quickly there. Sorry, it's the commando in me!

:goodvibes

We went to Sesame Place right after my son turned 2. It's a very small park and I don't remember him hardly even using his stroller.

we use a stroller just so we have a place to put the backpack etc when we are on rides. It works well.

BTW - we bring our own stroller

We were just there a couple of weeks ago with our 3 yr old. Didn't take the stroller at all. The park isn't really that big. We stayed at the Sheraton so we went back to the hotel after a few hours and then went back in the evening. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes so not a lot of waiting.

mwalsh said:
we use a stroller just so we have a place to put the backpack etc when we are on rides. It works well.

BTW - we bring our own stroller

I second that.

I brought it and I have a five year old. She didn't sit in it. I just used it so I didn't have to carr wet towels, water bottles, shoes....all that stuff gets heavy!

I know bjakmom probably came and went by now but anyone else interested should consider a stroller.

Thank you all so much for the replies !! I haven't gone yet, in fact today I moved my dates back a day because of the rain predicted for Tuesday - and I was very happy to be able to get an spg upgrade at the Sheraton to club level - that will make breakfast much easier ! I will throw both my Mac and my cheapie strollers into the car - that way I can take the good one in in the morning for shows and the 'lighter weight fabric' one back in when we do the water areas. I hope the shuttles are still running on that schedule so I don't have to pack them up in the car just to cross the street ! I'm more excited now after reading your posts - my DD just broke her foot and is so sweet to let me take DGrD for a few days (since she can't come with us now - and can get some rest) - and DNeph (7) is such a huge help with the little one - they spend most days with me in the summer ! Now I just have to hope that hurricane Katrina doesn't come our way on Wednesday ! I'll let you know how it goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter