Sesame Place = EXPENSIVE!

We're going to Sesame Place next week on our way back from our annual trip to the Amish Country. I promised DD we'd go to SP before I did enough research to realize it's a lot of water park stuff.

A question for those who've gone with kids age 4 and under - did you go in the water with the kids? I'm DREADING putting on a bathing suit at an amusement park. :scared1: Can I get away with just rolling up my pant legs to chase her around? Can I sit on a dry bench and enjoy watching her frolic in the water?

We have talked about Knoebels, but wasn't sure if there were enough kiddie rides there. DS's are 4 and 1 1/2.
Knobel's is great for little ones...mine were 5 and 2 when we first went and the loved it!
We're going to Sesame Place next week on our way back from our annual trip to the Amish Country. I promised DD we'd go to SP before I did enough research to realize it's a lot of water park stuff.

A question for those who've gone with kids age 4 and under - did you go in the water with the kids? I'm DREADING putting on a bathing suit at an amusement park. :scared1: Can I get away with just rolling up my pant legs to chase her around? Can I sit on a dry bench and enjoy watching her frolic in the water?

I wouldn't....one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of Sesame Place is that it gets VERY crowded, and a lot of people don't watch their kids..there will be kids who are WAY too big for the kiddie pools in there running and knocking over the little ones. I am a nervous wreck there. I have seen way too many little ones get pushed off of stairs, slides, etc...I stayed with my kids the whole time, b/c I was afraid they could get pushed or fall, and in the water, that can mean disaster. It is MUCH less crowded on weekdays before noon...the only way I would ever go again is if I had a season pass and lived closer..but I'm not about to drive an hour and a half and pay $50pp to be stressed out all day.

Do you know if you purchase group tickets mail if the ENTIRE group has to go on that same day. Our group may have to split up and go on 2 different days.

I asked this question to group sales and their answer was yes -- you don't all have to enter at the same time, but the ticket is good for that one date (we had to enter in a date when we bought the tickets online). The tickets come barcoded, so once the first ticket is scanned maybe it registers the group for that day?

Hope that helps. And also when you buy 15 group tickets, you get a 16th ticket for free.

Knobel's is great for little ones...mine were 5 and 2 when we first went and the loved it!

I wouldn't....one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of Sesame Place is that it gets VERY crowded, and a lot of people don't watch their kids..there will be kids who are WAY too big for the kiddie pools in there running and knocking over the little ones. I am a nervous wreck there. I have seen way too many little ones get pushed off of stairs, slides, etc...I stayed with my kids the whole time, b/c I was afraid they could get pushed or fall, and in the water, that can mean disaster. It is MUCH less crowded on weekdays before noon...the only way I would ever go again is if I had a season pass and lived closer..but I'm not about to drive an hour and a half and pay $50pp to be stressed out all day.

I was afraid of that. Fair warning to everyone in the state of PA that I'll be out in full force with my pasty white legs! Unless by the grace of God, we have a rainy day... Dare I hope?

We're planning a trip to SP this summer and will do other things as well in the Philly area. DD is so in love with Sesame that I think she will love it. I have only heard bad things about the place in the Dis (I have not read other online reviews though) and I wonder if it's because we are all "spoiled" by WDW?? Friends and family who have gone have all loved it. My expectations are not nearly what they would be for a place like Disney.....more along the lines of the local amusement park. Yes, it's pricey but with the 2-day pass, it's essentially $75 a day for the 3 of us and we'd spend that easily with anything we'd do locally. Our hotel offers free breakfast and I will pack snacks etc so we won't be eating in the park. I think we will plan to go to SP on a weekday though.....that seems to be everyone's suggestion....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter