Serving team on Magic

Can anyone recommend a good female server team on the Magic. We will be on the 11/9/14 cruise and have two girls 10 and 3. They are shy around men.

We just got off the Magic. Request Esther from Trinidad and Tobago. Her team was the best we have had in 7 cruises.

Esther and her then assistant server, Avatar, were our servers on the Magic in June, 2012 out of NYC. At our last breakfast, I had tears in my eyes when we said goodbye to them. Service was exceptional, she was so attentive to our preferences. She took the time to learn about us and shared her cruise experiences with us. Esther is a shining star. Now that we've been on all four ships, I can say that Esther and Andy (from the cruise staff) are my favorite DCL cast members.

For our transatlantic cruise in Sept, we had Willy and Tomasina .. Best team we have had in 9 cruises and will be requesting them at every opportunity.
Nothing was too much trouble for either of them and they clearly got on very well as if one was busy, the other would pick up the work .. No worries about 'it's not my job'. Our head server was Cedimir (cheddar-mere) and he was excellent.

We got married on that cruise and they made it such a special one. We had a table of 14 and friends at a nearby table of 3 .. The serving team managed perfectly and nobody was left waiting for their food.

Just got off the Magic on Sept 27 and had Gusti (from the Philippians) and Emrah (can't remember where he was from) but both were fabulous! Our table had a great time each night and they were friendly, attentive and all around awesome people. Each night after dinner they gave us 2 brain teasers - never did get any of them right -but so fun.

I don't know if it the same Emrah, but there was an Emrah that was an assistant server on the Wonder. He was not our assistant server, but he would come to our table and entertain our children. We often saw him at breakfast and he would come over to entertain us there too! I remember writing something on my comment card about him.

We are going to be on the Magic soon. I hope it's the same Emrah!

Just off the Magic today and our servers were great. Bennett (Strawberry) from Jamaica was working with Aris (asst) from Indonesia.

ETA Leeroy from Jamaica served us twice at other meals and he was wonderful as well.

Also on the Sept 20th cruise and had Rodelio Marzan (server) from the Phillippines and Jana Horvat (asst server) from Croatia with Candace Webster as our head server. They all did a great job with my grandkids and were especially helpful with DGSs food allergies. When he fell asleep before dinner one night they even made him a bed with chairs and table cloths so that we caould all enjoy our meal. Can't praise them enough. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Contact your TA or DCL direct and have it noted on your reservation. Care though, what one person likes another might not. I have only requested servers once that's for my next cruise, I have prefered to request a rotation in the MDRs than servers and you can only do one or the other not both.

Got a surprise today.

I called Disney to request a rotation in the MDR. I'm travelling with a 3 year old and she loved Animator's Palate last year so wanted 3 nghts in that MDR.

To my susprise they also let me request servers. Not only did I add servers but they added my first and second choice.

Got a surprise today.

I called Disney to request a rotation in the MDR. I'm travelling with a 3 year old and she loved Animator's Palate last year so wanted 3 nghts in that MDR.

To my susprise they also let me request servers. Not only did I add servers but they added my first and second choice.

So they noted them for you, but this becomes an issue when the server you requested is assigned to a team that is not currently on the rotation you requested. There are so many requests that honestly the CM doing the dining assignments is not going to contact you to find out which request is most important to you. If rotation is your top priority, you will have a better chance getting it if you just request that.

So they noted them for you, but this becomes an issue when the server you requested is assigned to a team that is not currently on the rotation you requested. There are so many requests that honestly the CM doing the dining assignments is not going to contact you to find out which request is most important to you. If rotation is your top priority, you will have a better chance getting it if you just request that.

Thanks Lisa. I am new to Disney. This is my 2nd cruise and my 1st was very last minute so didn't have time to do any research ahead of time. From the sounds of it, I should make sure they know the dining rotation is more important to me. Thanks for the heads up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter