Serving team on Magic

clarefb

Mouseketeer
can anyone recommend an awesome serving team on the Magic right now? We are traveling on Dec 21st. We will be traveling with my parents & my 2 kids aged 11 & 7 - thank you all!:goodvibes

Normally looking after concierge

Mehmet from Turkey With Joe from Philippines.

Mehmet is highly professional and fast as a server and Joe the comedian.

We got off the Magic a couple of weeks ago. We had Bennett from Jamaica and Irma from Indonesia. We were me, DH, DD6 and my parents (in their 60's). Our team were awesome. Wira, head server, was also fantastic. Our DD is disabled and also has a zillion food allergies, and absolutely everything was taken care of. It was actually the first time in 6 years that we as a family had eaten a meal away from home that wasn't stressful. They were busy, professional and fun. They didn't hover too much (which we liked) but before even thinking to ask, everything was done just as we wanted it. The stories that Bennett told our Daughter about her dinner were amazing, she will never forget the day the "disney man caught her cod for dinner with a rod off the side of the big mouse boat" :)

We got off the Magic a couple of weeks ago. We had Bennett from Jamaica and Irma from Indonesia. We were me, DH, DD6 and my parents (in their 60's). Our team were awesome. Wira, head server, was also fantastic. Our DD is disabled and also has a zillion food allergies, and absolutely everything was taken care of. It was actually the first time in 6 years that we as a family had eaten a meal away from home that wasn't stressful. They were busy, professional and fun. They didn't hover too much (which we liked) but before even thinking to ask, everything was done just as we wanted it. The stories that Bennett told our Daughter about her dinner were amazing, she will never forget the day the "disney man caught her cod for dinner with a rod off the side of the big mouse boat" :)

OK I LOVE that! Thank you!!!
:flower3:

We have had Hart "I Putu Hartawan" from Indonesia and love the service, we request him every time we are on the Magic.

Teams switch around often, so you want to request one person. Putu Widiantara just rejoined the Magic in SJ, so will be on for a full contract. He is one of the original servers who started when the Magic first sailed and has moved up through the ranks to server. He is one of the trainers also. He also does tricks and can paper fold with napkins. My DD still has the red rose with stem & leaves he made her.

Highly recommend Mehmet from Turkey!!! Kat was his asst. server when I had him, and she was amazing too :)

Love Omar from Jamaica (we requested him for a second time on WBTA that just ended, and will have him again our next two cruises), but he won't be there in Dec.

I will say, though, that Luis from Portugal and Cedomir from Croatia (actually Trinidad and Tobago now haha) are incredible Head Servers. You will be well taken care of no matter who you get as a server if these two are in charge! :thumbsup2

How does one go about requesting one of the previous mentioned servers? I was not impressed by our serving team on the Magic last November. Come to think of it...I think that was really the only thing I didn't like about the Magic. For some reason they kept bringing out the food for one adult way ahead of the others at the table. They really didn't interact with the kids much at all.

We're sailing in November and am excited to be on the Magic again. I would like to know a little more about requesting a server(s). I assume it is simply a request and not a guarantee. Do I have time or is it too late at this point?

Thank you

How does one go about requesting one of the previous mentioned servers? I was not impressed by our serving team on the Magic last November. Come to think of it...I think that was really the only thing I didn't like about the Magic. For some reason they kept bringing out the food for one adult way ahead of the others at the table. They really didn't interact with the kids much at all.

We're sailing in November and am excited to be on the Magic again. I would like to know a little more about requesting a server(s). I assume it is simply a request and not a guarantee. Do I have time or is it too late at this point?

Thank you

Contact your TA or DCL direct and have it noted on your reservation. Care though, what one person likes another might not. I have only requested servers once that's for my next cruise, I have prefered to request a rotation in the MDRs than servers and you can only do one or the other not both.

Contact your TA or DCL direct and have it noted on your reservation. Care though, what one person likes another might not. I have only requested servers once that's for my next cruise, I have prefered to request a rotation in the MDRs than servers and you can only do one or the other not both.

Thank you. Didn't know you could request a rotation. I agree I would prefer to select the restaurants. My niece loved Animator's Palate last year. Now for the question... how does one know what the different rotations are?

We really enjoyed Rey from the Phillipines and Mauricio from Mexico last week. Candace was an awesome head server.

HTH

Jill in CO

Thank you. Didn't know you could request a rotation. I agree I would prefer to select the restaurants. My niece loved Animator's Palate last year. Now for the question... how does one know what the different rotations are?

Depends on your cruise and ship but you can ask to start off in one and normally its a set rotation of three moving on one each night. Some do fouble up one night in one MDR

The rotation honestly doesn't matter to us and we prefer to be linked to one of our favorite head servers. We are assigned a great serving team and know that everything will be fantastic during meals. That is more important to us than where we eat dinner.

Thanks for your responses. Much appreciated. We're sailing on the Magic November 30th.

Esther (Trinidad & Tobago) and Cynthia (also from Trinidad & Tobago) were both wonderful servers. Each was special in her own way and made our meals memorable. Dwi was Cynthia's assistant server in April, 2014...he knew lots of crayon and magic tricks! Hope to be on the Magic soon to see them again!

Esther (Trinidad & Tobago) and Cynthia (also from Trinidad & Tobago) were both wonderful servers. Each was special in her own way and made our meals memorable. Dwi was Cynthia's assistant server in April, 2014...he knew lots of crayon and magic tricks! Hope to be on the Magic soon to see them again!

Your Dwi sounds like the Dwi I just had as an assistant server on the Dream a few weeks ago. Just a heads up in case he's the same (which we loved him) and he's now jumped ships :)

Heather

Just got off the Magic on Sept 27 and had Gusti (from the Philippians) and Emrah (can't remember where he was from) but both were fabulous! Our table had a great time each night and they were friendly, attentive and all around awesome people. Each night after dinner they gave us 2 brain teasers - never did get any of them right -but so fun.

Can anyone recommend a good female server team on the Magic. We will be on the 11/9/14 cruise and have two girls 10 and 3. They are shy around men.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter