Service team

Mayakad

Earning My Ears
We are just off the Magic and had amazing great time.
We had excellent service from our dining room team and specially the server, I was really about to write a letter to Disney about him, but then on our 6th night we had the following happen:
We had dinner at Palo for different resend there are things we are not eating, the chef came out and worked a menu with us, which was great and tasty, the only thing is that because our limits it wasn't that different from our regular dinner.
So when we came out we run into our server from the MDR, he asked us about the dinner and we told him that it was great but wasn't really worth the extra money as we ended up eating the same food.
Then we kept chatting about other thing and say our goodbyes, really not big issue on our side.
The next morning I'm getting a call from guest service that due to our complaint about lack of variety in dinner and will not charge us for dinner. I have tries to explain that we never complaint, but it didn't help. Then I had 2 more calls about it one from the manger of the Palo and one front he chef apologizing again! All the explanation I did about how I really never compliant , were not helping!
So then I become a bit upset with our server for putting us trough all this trouble.
What would you do? Would you still write the recommendation letter to Disney? ( we tipped both extra and mentioned his name in the comment card)
Glad to hear you opinions

I would still write it. From what I have read on these boards it seems like a very big deal to these servers when a guest isn't 110% happy and marks something other than excellent. I would bet the server was trying to do everything in his/her power to help so you wouldn't feel like you had wasted your money. I could see how that would totally be annoying though! Sounds like your server had the best intentions though, and I wouldn't feel bad about the refund.

Your very attentive server heard you were not 100% satisfied with your meal and followed up on it. Why wouldn't you still write a letter?

Bonniec said:
I would still write it. From what I have read on these boards it seems like a very big deal to these servers when a guest isn't 110% happy and marks something other than excellent. I would bet the server was trying to do everything in his/her power to help so you wouldn't feel like you had wasted your money. I could see how that would totally be annoying though! Sounds like your server had the best intentions though, and I wouldn't feel bad about the refund.

I'm sure he meant well he also asked us many times to write excellent on his comment card , also for the food quality ( which is another thing I don't agree with but didn't want to ruin it for him).

MaleficentRN said:
Your very attentive server heard you were not 100% satisfied with your meal and followed up on it. Why wouldn't you still write a letter?

But he put his friends in trouble they didn't deserve! The people in Palo went out of their way to help us and then needed to apologize for something they never did.

I agree with this. We have found that after several cruises the CMs who see us on subsequent cruises will ask how things are. One we have cruised with 7-8 times and knows the kids was not happy that we had an issue in Palo and wanted to get us reservations to take care of the problem. I assured him that we were fine with how things had worked out and he did not need to do that since our group had decided to skip dinner that cruise. I know that he probably looked into the situation to make sure the mistake was on the shoreside with our private room reservation and how to keep it from happening again. In addition to this, the Palo manager had alerted the officer for dining, who came to our table a couple times to talk about it. At that point, all of the adults were starting to be a bit annoyed. Things happen and we had all moved on and were going to enjoy every dinner with our kids, but the ship staff seemed intent on getting us to Palo.

I would write a letter with your original intentions regarding your server. I would, however, include your experience with the staff at Palo and the fact that it was not your intent that an issue be made of it, but you appreciate the fact that your server was concerned to hear that you had not found the meal much different from the MDR's offerings. Your acknowledgement that the staff did what they could due to your dietary restrictions and you would like to clarify that point.

But he put his friends in trouble they didn't deserve! The people in Palo went out of their way to help us and then needed to apologize for something they never did.

No one is in "trouble". A complaint is an opportunity to fix something that doesn't work. The worst thing that will happen is that there will be a consideration for changing the menu.

lbgraves has it right. Do the original letter that you intended along with a brief explanation of the Palo issues and that you never intended to make a big deal of it....as in "the problem is my dietary restrictions, and was in no way the fault of the Palo staff."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter