Service is bad at DLH

MinnieVanMom

DIS Veteran
I can never say how disappointed we are in the total lack of service at DLH. For the money we spent just basic service would be nice.

Upon arriving we had our luggage scanned and security was not going to Let us bring our souvenir wines and beer in.

Our room key wouldn't work, then the room was two doubles not a king. We were told to go back down and stand in line again. I cried and the luggage man took pity called down to get us a king bedroom.
We went to our new room to find a water bottle by the door, hairs on the bathroom floor, smears on the mirrors. I cleaned it up.

The castle is amazing! The parks are clean and the guest are nice. The CM,s are doing their job no more than that.

We went to dinner and it took two and a half hours due to bad service. I have been in Europe long enough to know slow good service and bad. This morning I had to go get the coffee pot and serve my husband and self.

We have called three times for a kettle to heat water and have gotten nothing.
We do say please, we do smile, we are not rude or are expecting anything more than Disney service. I have even adjusted my thinking there to it is not Disney and lower our expectations a lot. You all told me not to expect wow but this is not even basic service.

So now that the rant is over, do I ask for the manager? Do we tell how bad it is?

The disneyland park is so pretty, we walked around and just looked at the beautiful detail.

Definitely ask to speak to a manager, and list your concerns as you have here - the DLH is a 4-star hotel, so you should be getting 4-star standards of cleanliness and service.

YES YES YES YES!
You should speak to a manager. This is shocking treatment and they should put it right. Sounds like you would have been better off at the New York.:sad2:

Blimey, you'd expect so much more from the flagship hotel. We had a kettle in our room in the Cheyenne, though we didn't use it!

Sorry you're not having a very good experience at the DLH. We stayed there 12 months ago and couldn't fault the rooms or the service.

I'd definately speak to the manager as soon as possible and explain that so far you haven't even received a decent basic service from them which is way below what you expected and paid for - hopefully they'll be able to make up for it during the rest of your stay:hug:

Suze xx

The service at NPB was equally as bad. It shouldn't be put up with though - we ended up getting a free room upgrade because of it.

Definitely complain.

I hope you complained yesterday. It doesn't matter how many stars a hotel has (or even whether it has any at all) the room should be clean.

Hoping you are now having a more pleasant stay there and are enjoying your holiday. :wizard: :wizard:

Must say we were not over impressed with the DLH either. Our room was clean but on our last night didn't get the turn down service although the only thing I was miffed about was the lack of chocolate coins:rotfl2:

We had a coffee in the bar on our first night and after about 20 mins DH went up to the bar to order it which the took about another 15 mins before we got it, and it wasn't that busy. But those were our only gripes, everyone was pleasant enough. I think you definately pay for the location over everything else, we upgraded to the DLH with the 50% off offer from the HNY but I think in hindsight we would have been more happier at our original choice. So just gonna have to go back and try that out:rotfl:

normally the service in the Disneyland Hotel is impeccable. This is not normal. I hope you got to speak to the manager. Or went to the front desk. Im sure they will accomodate you as good as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter