• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Service Dog at GCH

So Disneyland allows a misbehaving dog into the park on a regular basis? It does not sound like DL follows the guideline that "service animals that are not under control can be asked to leave." This is my concern. Thank you all for your insight, it sounds like it is best for us to cancel the trip. The last thing we need is to add more out of control dog drama.

I am sorry you have had a terrible experience and don't take that lightly. It would be natural to be abundantly cautious. BUT I do think you are taking things out of context and proportion and it would be a shame to let your awful experience become debilititating enough to prevent you from visiting Disneyland. And other places. You see a lot more misbehaving pets/poorly trained service dogs out and about in regular life. At the grocery store, the mall, Starbucks... But not at Disneyland - I'm sure because it would be a big hassle to take your animal to DL without actual need. The incidences being relayed are few and far (very far) between - excepting the pink poodle who sounds like a nuisance, but not dangerous. And the aggressive dog incident was dogs reacting to anoother dog. Since you are not bringing a service animal to DL, your chances of attracting any animal's attention are minute. Truly. Of course this doesn't mean nothing could ever happen, but that's not a guantee you'll get with anything in life. So perhaps reconsider given the actual tiny, tiny chance you will even see a misbehaving dog, let alone have an encounter with one.

...We are staying at the GCH from December 17 through the 23rd. Has anyone had any experience at this hotel with a service dog?
I have no personal experience with service dogs, but am very familiar with the layout of GCH.
There are 3 groups of elevators: near the main lobby, near Napa Rose, and near VGC.
The "Napa Rose" elevators are most convenient for DCA access, but less convenient for "lawn" access. The VGC elevators would allow easy access to the lawn at the south end of GCH. If a ground floor room would be helpful, request room numbers 12xx.

I am sorry you have had a terrible experience and don't take that lightly. It would be natural to be abundantly cautious. BUT I do think you are taking things out of context and proportion and it would be a shame to let your awful experience become debilititating enough to prevent you from visiting Disneyland. And other places. You see a lot more misbehaving pets/poorly trained service dogs out and about in regular life. At the grocery store, the mall, Starbucks... But not at Disneyland - I'm sure because it would be a big hassle to take your animal to DL without actual need. The incidences being relayed are few and far (very far) between - excepting the pink poodle who sounds like a nuisance, but not dangerous. And the aggressive dog incident was dogs reacting to anoother dog. Since you are not bringing a service animal to DL, your chances of attracting any animal's attention are minute. Truly. Of course this doesn't mean nothing could ever happen, but that's not a guantee you'll get with anything in life. So perhaps reconsider given the actual tiny, tiny chance you will even see a misbehaving dog, let alone have an encounter with one.

Thank you for your concern, but I think you are reading things I did not say. We are not allowing these attacks to limit our daily life. However, this trip was planned as a way to heal and do something we have always wanted to do. To my knowledge Disneyland is not going anywhere, perhaps in time we may reconsider. As far as tiny chance, there was a tiny chance the first attack could happen and it happened more than once.

As I said before, thank you to those who posted helpful information.

Thank you for your concern, but I think you are reading things I did not say. We are not allowing these attacks to limit our daily life. However, this trip was planned as a way to heal and do something we have always wanted to do. To my knowledge Disneyland is not going anywhere, perhaps in time we may reconsider. As far as tiny chance, there was a tiny chance the first attack could happen and it happened more than once.

As I said before, thank you to those who posted helpful information.

Alrighty then. Best of luck to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter