Servers on the Magic

grandy w

Mouseketeer
OK, 2 Questions today
We have been on the Wonder and the head server was OK the assisant server was not too good.
Second cruise on the Dream both were great!
Now we are going on the magic in September:cool1:
Can someone recommend your favorite team that is on the Magic now,and how do I go about asking for a certain team?
Thanks!!!:thumbsup2

In April we had Cyprian from India as our server and Rachel from Great Britain as the asst. server. They were great!

Last year on the Med we had Oswalt From Trinadad and Anibel from Germany. Oslwalt is a 10 year DCL veteran. They were the best servers I have had except for Julien who went to the Dream but I think has since left DCL.

How to request--You cannot request a team, you can only request one individual. The reason is that the teams may shift from one week to the next and almost always change at least every 60 days to allow for vacations, etc. Each time we have made more than one request (A for server OR B for assistant), DCL has messed it up; when you only make one request, they usually manage it. The other issue is that a great assistant is commonly promoted to server within a contract or two.

Anyhow, you (TA must do this if you used one) call DCL and tell them that you want Joe from wherever as your server. THey will tell you that this is only a request and cannot be guaranteed, etc. Just ask them politely to put the notation on the reservation. Then, after boarding, go to "Dining Changes" and ask if you got what you wanted...if not, ask if you can be moved.

Note--you cannot request both a rotation and a particular dining team member...again, if that server/head server/whatever isn't on that rotation, they won't know what matters most to you.

I would highly recommend Angelina from Chile--she had a vacation in January. The assistant was OK, but Angelina was totally amazing. Hour super head server has moved to the Fantasy, so no recommendation there. Andrea from Croatia is on the Magic in Palo and is great. There is also a woman from Turkey and I always get this name wrong--Nergit or Negrit...ditto in Palo.

When you make a request, be sure you have the terminology correct. In your post, you say the head server was OK. Do you mean the head server (supervisor over about 8 serving teams) or do you mean the server? I'm making the point because if you say Joe from somewhere as head server and there is no such person in that position, you don't know what they will do. Your "team" will be a head server (supervisor), server (brings your food), and assistant server (in charge of beverages). While you may not see the head server much, they all work together to give you a great experience.

Cyprian from India is wonderful. Loved spending time with him for the week. We loved learning about him, his family, about India. Lots of fun!

In June (NYC to Canada), we had Agus from Indonesia (Head Server) and Nat from Thailand (Asst). Wonderful people and both excellent!!

In June (Canada ) we had Nenad and Subawa. Both were excellent! Call DCL and request these servers.

We had Nenad in the Med in 2010 and requested him again on our last cruise in Jan, we have really enjoyed him both times. We hope to have him again next June when we sail the Med again. He just came back on recently, but may be going on break in September. I highly recommend him if he is there!

Sorin (from Romania) is the best head server EVAH! On any cruise line we have sailed, he is by far the most engaging head server we have every met.

If you want to shoot for a great server, than Val (I believe he is from Romania as well) is absolutely WONDERFUL! We first had him as an assistant server two years ago; he has since been promoted to a server.

And if you want an incredible assistant server, then request Jennifer from France. She is the absolute sweetest person every, and so incredibly efficient!

How to request--You cannot request a team, you can only request one individual. The reason is that the teams may shift from one week to the next and almost always change at least every 60 days to allow for vacations, etc. Each time we have made more than one request (A for server OR B for assistant), DCL has messed it up; when you only make one request, they usually manage it. The other issue is that a great assistant is commonly promoted to server within a contract or two.

Anyhow, you (TA must do this if you used one) call DCL and tell them that you want Joe from wherever as your server. THey will tell you that this is only a request and cannot be guaranteed, etc. Just ask them politely to put the notation on the reservation. Then, after boarding, go to "Dining Changes" and ask if you got what you wanted...if not, ask if you can be moved.

Note--you cannot request both a rotation and a particular dining team member...again, if that server/head server/whatever isn't on that rotation, they won't know what matters most to you.

I would highly recommend Angelina from Chile--she had a vacation in January. The assistant was OK, but Angelina was totally amazing. Hour super head server has moved to the Fantasy, so no recommendation there. Andrea from Croatia is on the Magic in Palo and is great. There is also a woman from Turkey and I always get this name wrong--Nergit or Negrit...ditto in Palo.

When you make a request, be sure you have the terminology correct. In your post, you say the head server was OK. Do you mean the head server (supervisor over about 8 serving teams) or do you mean the server? I'm making the point because if you say Joe from somewhere as head server and there is no such person in that position, you don't know what they will do. Your "team" will be a head server (supervisor), server (brings your food), and assistant server (in charge of beverages). While you may not see the head server much, they all work together to give you a great experience.

I have made requests directly to DCL for dining rotations even though I used a travel agent. They have made the notation and both times the requests were granted. Not sure why requesting a particular server would be different.

I have made requests directly to DCL for dining rotations even though I used a travel agent. They have made the notation and both times the requests were granted. Not sure why requesting a particular server would be different.

It depends on the CM who answers the phone. I've had them refuse to do it for me telling me that anything that requires a notation on my reservation requires my TA. I have had no trouble with getting them to answer general questions though.

And Deneval is good--never had him for a cruise, but he's taken care of us at breakfast and lunch.

In April we had Cyprian from India as our server and Rachel from Great Britain as the asst. server. They were great!

We absolutely agree that Cyprian is the best there is. His last name is Fernandes from India. He is always our first choice. Because he was on his break last year's WBTA, we got to know and love Esther from Trinidad-Tobago. She is also excellent, and an excellent first choice, if Cyprian is not on board.

We requested Sampong (Sammy from Thailand) due to recommendations from past threads. I would highly suggest requesting him.

I agree assistant server Rachel is wonderful. We were fortunate to have her one breakfast at lumiere's. Each evening after that in MDR, she would go out of the way to spend a few minutes with my kids.

There is also a woman from Turkey and I always get this name wrong--Nergit or Negrit...ditto in Palo.

It's Nergis ... we really liked her too, both in Palo and back when she was still an assistant server in the MDRs. I can really recommend her.

Just off of the Magic today from our 8 day Bahamas cruise.

Our dining room servers--Esther from Trinidad & Tobago and Avatar from India--were fantastic. They made our cruise (Dad's first, my third, my sister and brother-in-law's eleventh) a real pleasure. Esther provided great recommendations and was candid when I picked a dish that wasn't something she knew wouldn't match the other options. She shared great magic tricks with my nephew and our tablemate's seven year old daughter...they couldn't wait to see the trick she had for them. Our cruise was only Avatar's second on Disney, but you couldn't tell: he was alwasy there with beverages, bread and Mickey head-shaped ketchup for the kids. He was so patient teaching me the napkin fold to create Peter Pan's shoe.

We were so sad when Esther wasn't there for our departure morning breakfast. She had left the ship very early for a well-deserved vacation. We miss them already and look forward to being back on the ship soon to see them again--Avatar had better be a server by then!

We had Aditya as our server on the June 2nd sailing. He was great! The best server we have had in 5 DCL cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter