servers on the fantasy

I'm getting intimidated with trying to find a server. I was really hoping for Sergio as his name is all over the place on these boards. I know a lot of people have given suggestions (thank you), but I don't see these names popping up more than once, maybe twice.

We just really want to avoid what happened on the Magic. In fact, I can tell you everyone's name from our serving team on the Dream, but would only be able to tell you our asst. servers name from the Magic. We actually tipped him more then the recommended and more than we gave our server. He was trying to make it better, but the server was so disengaged. You could tell he was just dialing it in. At first I thought it was just us, but I noticed his other tables getting frustrated with him too. We did say something after the first night, but it only got a little better.

Anyway, my wife and I don't want a repeat of that.

Okay a little digging has turned up DeWayne from Jamaica almost as much as Sergio. I think we have a winner! Our cruise is on May 17th so according to what someone posted here, he should still be on board.

We had Sergio from Montenegro (at our request since we had him on the dream) and Mirtze was our assistant server. They were an awesome team!

Okay a little digging has turned up DeWayne from Jamaica almost as much as Sergio. I think we have a winner! Our cruise is on May 17th so according to what someone posted here, he should still be on board.

I did see Dewayne on the Fantasy last week and although I've never had him, I know he is popular and well liked as well. :thumbsup2

Heather

When we sailed in Oct 2012, we had Stipe and Nicole. Both were excellent. We're hoping they are still there when we go next month on the Fantasy.

In January we had Fernando (I think he was from Chile) and our assistant was Ariel from the Philippines. Our head server was Ricardo also from the Philippines. Ariel was wonderful but Fernando and Ricardo made our dining experience less than magical. I do not eat red meat or fish and after telling them on the first night Fernando said....Well then good luck finding something to eat. I was really disappointed and most of the time went hungry and had to grab something at cabanas. Fernando was very disconnected from us and never bothered to even really try to start a conversation with us. He seemed stretched really thin and had no time for anything. I was very envious of the tables around us that seemed to have a wonderful relationship with their team even after the first night. After mentioning it to another head server at lunch who asked about our dining experience, he wrote it all down but nothing ever improved :(

Sergio did tell us he was trying to get into Palo because it's a better ship life.....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When we sailed in Oct 2012, we had Stipe and Nicole. Both were excellent. We're hoping they are still there when we go next month on the Fantasy.

Stipe was my server on my first Fantasy cruise in Dec 2012 and agree he is very good! I asked Alex (Romania) if he knew Stipe and turns out they are friends and he mentioned me to Stipe and they pulled up a picture (scary) and said he remembered my Mom and I. Very nice and I would recommend him indeed! :thumbsup2

Heather

I'm so sorry you had bad service on the Wonder. I just got back from a 5-night. We had Mike (can't remember where he's from.) He's really good and did magic tricks for my 6yo niece. The assistant server, though, Steph (from UK) was amazing. My niece was certain they were best friends, and my niece couldn't wait to get in to dinner (this from a very picky eater.) The head waiter came by every night and asked to make sure everything was going well, but we didn't interact with him much.

Nemanja (who we called Nemo) from Serbia and Tanaphong (who we called Tan) from Thailand....the only reason I know how to spell their names is I tore off one of the receipts with their names on it so as to not forget because I most definitely plan on calling a few weeks before our cruise this year to request them!!! Fantastic, fun, efficient and knowledgeable....I gave both of them extra $$$ above the tip ticket they were so good...

Stipe was my server on my first Fantasy cruise in Dec 2012 and agree he is very good! I asked Alex (Romania) if he knew Stipe and turns out they are friends and he mentioned me to Stipe and they pulled up a picture (scary) and said he remembered my Mom and I. Very nice and I would recommend him indeed! :thumbsup2 Heather

OMG we had Stipe when he first started on the Magic in Oct 2011 on the Magic as an asst server. He was great :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just got done requesting Dewayne for our upcoming May cruise. Fingers crossed!:thumbsup2

We had Fiona from United Kingdom, her assistant Rini from Indonesia was getting off the next sailing as she thinks she is done with sailing. Both were outstanding. Just great....missing them, and my Mickey bar :)

Darn it I was going to have one on my last day, so for breakfast they brought me one and my daughter too. I asked her how many calories...she said do you really want to know? 330 calories :rolleyes: still working them off :rotfl2:

I am in big trouble for the transatlantic in May 2015!

Just off the ship 4/26 and had Victor from Indonesia and OShane from Jamaica. Both were wonderful! Victor gave us crayon challenge puzzles every night while OShane made beautiful origami to decorate the table. We had Luca for our brunch in Palo and he took wonderful care of us.

We had Stipe (Romania) in August on the Fantasy, and he was awesome. We had a party of 8, 2 kids and my adult special needs brother. Stipe was amazing, always had exactly what my (picky!!) brother wanted, tons of high fives for him and jokes, my brother just glowed at dinner. So special. And the kids adored him - when they were getting antsy one night, he did a few magic tricks to keep them entertained. They were floored, and you could tell from his face that he genuinely enjoyed seeing children happy (he's a father himself). After that, my girls asked (NAGGED) him for magic tricks every night, and he did it! Happily! I kept expecting to see an fleeting expression of "really? again?" but no, never. We were frequently some of the last to leave the dining room because the kids were having so much fun with Stipe. And of course, the food service was EXCELLENT. Anyway, when we decided to book the Magic this summer for Northern Europe (11 nights, June 29th from Copenhagen), this time our party has grown to 11, and one of the first things my mom said was "we have to call Disney and see if Stipe will be on the Magic so we can request him!" . As you can tell, we highly recommend him! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter