• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

servers on the fantasy

Gabriela from Czech Republic was amazing - so warm and thoughtful! When are you sailing? She told us she was getting married in June and may or may not return....

Another vote for Gabriela. She was truly amazing. Extremely knowledgeable, attentive, excellent server that far exceeded expectations. I thought I heard July is the wedding and that the plan is not to return . . . a definite loss to DCL and its guests, but best wishes to a sweet young lady for a beautiful life. Gabriela was far above the service we received from any server we have had on previous DCL cruises.

If DeWayne Gibson from Jamaica is on the cruise he is wonderful! He's a head server. Our assistant server was Ricardo from Portugal but he's no longer with DCL he went back to join his dad's business back home but together they were incredible. Not sure who Dewayne's assistant is now but he is sooo worth requesting! He made dinner a lot of fun for us :) We have already sent in our request for him for our October sailing on the fantasy! Hope your next experience is a good one ... I know how it is not liking some of the waitstaff it happened to me on on of our other cruises and it didn't make dinner a good experience at all.

We had Dewayne on our March 1st Cruise. He was AMAZING. We were a group of 12 adults and 13 kids. We were always late, we would apologize but he would tell us dont worry, its your vacation. His service was excellent.

We had Dewayne on our March 1st Cruise. He was AMAZING. We were a group of 12 adults and 13 kids. We were always late, we would apologize but he would tell us dont worry, its your vacation. His service was excellent.

We just got off the Fantasy Saturday. We had Dewayne too. In fact, we requested him as soon as we got onboard; we had him last time we were on the Fantasy too. His assistant now is Melody from the Philippines, and she is fabulous as well. The only problem I see with the original poster requesting Dewayne is that he told us he has only two months left on this contract, and with them not cruising until May 31, he may be off by then.

We just got the Fantasy Saturday. We had Dewayne too. In fact, we requested him as soon as we got onboard; we had him last time we were on the Fantasy too. His assistant now is Melody from the Philippines, and she is fabulous as well. The only problem I see with the original poster requesting Dewayne is that he told us he has only two months left on this contract, and with them not cruising until May 31, he may be off by then.

We had Dewayne in Dec 2012 Christmas Cruise he was awesome. We are going back 2014 Christmas cruise I am hoping he will be back as we have asked for him!! Cross my fingers

Gabriela from Czech Republic was amazing - so warm and thoughtful! When are you sailing? She told us she was getting married in June and may or may not return....

Another vote for Gabriela. She was truly amazing. Extremely knowledgeable, attentive, excellent server that far exceeded expectations. I thought I heard July is the wedding and that the plan is not to return . . . a definite loss to DCL and its guests, but best wishes to a sweet young lady for a beautiful life. Gabriela was far above the service we received from any server we have had on previous DCL cruises.

How interesting... We had Gabriella too. While we thought she was very sweet, we found her to be very slow and often found ourselves asking where she was. We always arrived early or on time, yet would look around to see everyone else at least a course ahead of us almost every night. One night we were waiting for our apps and the table next to us was on dessert! We had the late seating and dinner always went very late. :(

This may sound stupid, but we have heard so many people rave about their servers. We have cruised with DCL twice once on the Woder( horrible serving team.one complained constantly hating her job) the next on the dream was only mediocre ignoring 1/2 our group. I would love some input on servers on the Fantasy so I could request a good serving team. We will have a group of 10 ranging from age 3-67. Thanks in advance for the suggestions. Rotation doesn't matter. We have the early seating if that matters.

Oh I wish I remembered the name of our server!! He obnoxiously gave us a little speech FOUR out of six nights about how we had to give him an "excellent" on the comment cards. We had room service one night just to avoid his speech otherwise it may have been five out of seven nights!!

It was our third cruise with Sergio on March 8-15. He is incredible.

I missed Fitz tho. Kapoor is no Fitz....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lol...I think we've agreed before that we all love Sergio!

Am I the only person that seems to think the head waiter is pretty useless? I never seem to need them for anything,yet they always chat away...

The Fantasy is the newest ship, and in general, most staff want to work on the newest ship. Only the best performing crew members get their choice of ships. So in general, I would expect that the better serving staff would be working on the Fantasy.

Newer and under-performing staff are most likely to be assigned to the less desirable ships and shorter duration cruises.

But Disney is a luxury cruise line. Their minimum standard of performance should be very high standards. I would not hesitate to request an alternate server early in the cruise, or make detailed and accurate comments at the end of the cruise.

FYI, on my Fantasy cruise, my rotational dining servers were very good. And the bartender in the Meridian Lounge was the better than any resort bartender I've ever seen.

Our favorite server is now a head server, so we request to be in his section...Liam Scott from Jamaica. We had him as a server for the first time in 2002, and have been requesting him ever since! He knows what truly excellent service is! :thumbsup2

We just had Liam as a a head Server and he was amazing. I have never seen a head server do so much, usually I just see him the 1st night and tip night. But we saw Liam every night and he went well above and beyond.

Ask for Maria from Grenada...we had her on our 3rd cruise and this last time she was still there... she is AMAZING... she'll make you laugh, she's entertaining and adorable...we didn't know where she was from so we couldn't request her on this last cruise on 3/15
she is still there as assistant server... trust me when I say you would love being around her... she's a hoot..we love her..

We just had Liam as a a head Server and he was amazing. I have never seen a head server do so much, usually I just see him the 1st night and tip night. But we saw Liam every night and he went well above and beyond.

:thumbsup2 Liam rocks!

Lol...I think we've agreed before that we all love Sergio! Am I the only person that seems to think the head waiter is pretty useless? I never seem to need them for anything,yet they always chat away...

Kapoor, yes. He was a robot.

Not Fitz; I watch him bust booty! He works to help the serving team vs just schmoozing.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Funny we had Liam as our head server and I really even didn't have a clue who he was til the last night. He didn't interact with us in any way.

We had Dewayne in Dec 2012 Christmas Cruise he was awesome. We are going back 2014 Christmas cruise I am hoping he will be back as we have asked for him!! Cross my fingers

He should be. He said he is 4 years into his 5 year contract.

Does anyone know if Sergio will be on the Fantasy in May. We want to request him. Also looking for a back up in case he is not there.

On our first cruise on the Dream we had an excellent server named Constantin (we requested him based on what we found here). The bar was set high! On our second cruise we didn't request anyone. Our server was awful! We had to say something after the first night. It got a bit better, but still subpar, the comment card reflected that. I couldn't even tell you his name.

Long story short we want to request a good server and a back up so we don't have that expire nice again.

We just got off the Fantasy Saturday. We had Dewayne too. In fact, we requested him as soon as we got onboard; we had him last time we were on the Fantasy too. His assistant now is Melody from the Philippines, and she is fabulous as well. The only problem I see with the original poster requesting Dewayne is that he told us he has only two months left on this contract, and with them not cruising until May 31, he may be off by then.

We are booked fro Christmas 2014. We had DeWayne in 2012. I have requested him again. How and when will they know if they are coming back????

We had Gloria from Peru last June on the Fantasy. LOVED HER!

Does anyone know if Sergio will be on the Fantasy in May. We want to request him. Also looking for a back up in case he is not there.

On our first cruise on the Dream we had an excellent server named Constantin (we requested him based on what we found here). The bar was set high! On our second cruise we didn't request anyone. Our server was awful! We had to say something after the first night. It got a bit better, but still subpar, the comment card reflected that. I couldn't even tell you his name.

Long story short we want to request a good server and a back up so we don't have that expire nice again.

I posted this on another thread but just in case. I believe Sergio referenced is the same and he is now in Palo. On my sailing last week he was chatting with our table and said it was his first week and he had been waiting for an opening. Clearly the high remarks from other cruisers supported how great he must be.

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter