Server

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by daboof, Jan 16, 2011.

1. daboof

daboof Mouseketeer

Is there a way to request a certain server or do you have to take what they give you

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scrapycruiser

scrapycruiser DIS Veteran

We have requested our favorite waiter, Sergio from Spain on three cruises and were lucky to get him ! :thumbsup2

Now he is on the DREAM and we've requested him for our March B2B cruise. I hope he's our waiter ! :rolleyes1

You can certainly request, but not guaranteed. When we get onboard that 1st day , we just check with the maitre de. Next time you call DCL just ask them to add that request to your res.
    We also request our dining rotation. This time I have read conflicting reports about the DREAM'S 4-night rotation ?? :confused3

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Call DCL and ask them to put the request on your reservation.

5. Luvstocruise

Luvstocruise Mouseketeer

It amazes DCL even considers taking server requests. My only fear is, everyone else has done it, and if the cruise I am on, there are tons of previous cruisers that always request a decent server, my party will be stuck with dudes and servers that just started working last week before my cruise is. I certainly hope that is not going to be the case.

Do the other lines allow all this special requesting, or is this typically a DCL thing?

JMHO,
    Luvstocruise

6. scrapycruiser

scrapycruiser DIS Veteran

They are all great ! After 8 cruises on DCL I have never been disappointed!
    We have been on 30+ cruises , 7 different lines and have been served by
    many different waiters.
    Actually, the reason we request a certain server is not because he's the best
    but because we've made a friend. The DCL crew make you feel like family. The kids love the attention they get.
    It's no wonder Conde Nast has rated
    DCL's service at the top!

7. Tink2300

Tink2300 Mouseketeer

My rotation was Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace and then Animator's Palate.

8. Mrs. Gumdrop

Mrs. Gumdrop DIS Veteran

All I can say to that is last year we sailed on the transatlantic with a boat load of experienced cruisers and without making any requests we were assigned a fabulous team!

I don't think requests happen as often as it would appear based on the boards. Reading the boards can be like living in a bubble. I believe the reason all of the tricks and advice we read about here work for us, is so many other people don't know about them.

9. Luvstocruise

Luvstocruise Mouseketeer

Thanks Scrapycruiser,

It just this is not the first time the whole "request a serve"r thing came up and Iwas beginning to wonder. You comments certainly sound logical and I will continue to look forward to good service.

Luvstocruise