Server

daboof

Mouseketeer
Is there a way to request a certain server or do you have to take what they give you

We have requested our favorite waiter, Sergio from Spain on three cruises and were lucky to get him ! :thumbsup2

Now he is on the DREAM and we've requested him for our March B2B cruise. I hope he's our waiter ! :rolleyes1

You can certainly request, but not guaranteed. When we get onboard that 1st day , we just check with the maitre de. Next time you call DCL just ask them to add that request to your res.
We also request our dining rotation. This time I have read conflicting reports about the DREAM'S 4-night rotation ?? :confused3

It amazes DCL even considers taking server requests. My only fear is, everyone else has done it, and if the cruise I am on, there are tons of previous cruisers that always request a decent server, my party will be stuck with dudes and servers that just started working last week before my cruise is. I certainly hope that is not going to be the case.

Do the other lines allow all this special requesting, or is this typically a DCL thing?

JMHO,
Luvstocruise

It amazes DCL even considers taking server requests. My only fear is, everyone else has done it, and if the cruise I am on, there are tons of previous cruisers that always request a decent server, my party will be stuck with dudes and servers that just started working last week before my cruise is. I certainly hope that is not going to be the case.

Do the other lines allow all this special requesting, or is this typically a DCL thing?

JMHO,
Luvstocruise

They are all great ! After 8 cruises on DCL I have never been disappointed!
We have been on 30+ cruises , 7 different lines and have been served by
many different waiters.
Actually, the reason we request a certain server is not because he's the best
but because we've made a friend. The DCL crew make you feel like family. The kids love the attention they get.
It's no wonder Conde Nast has rated
DCL's service at the top!

We have requested our favorite waiter, Sergio from Spain on three cruises and were lucky to get him ! :thumbsup2

Now he is on the DREAM and we've requested him for our March B2B cruise. I hope he's our waiter ! :rolleyes1

You can certainly request, but not guaranteed. When we get onboard that 1st day , we just check with the maitre de. Next time you call DCL just ask them to add that request to your res.
We also request our dining rotation. This time I have read conflicting reports about the DREAM'S 4-night rotation ?? :confused3

My rotation was Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace and then Animator's Palate.

JMHO,
Luvstocruise

All I can say to that is last year we sailed on the transatlantic with a boat load of experienced cruisers and without making any requests we were assigned a fabulous team!

I don't think requests happen as often as it would appear based on the boards. Reading the boards can be like living in a bubble. I believe the reason all of the tricks and advice we read about here work for us, is so many other people don't know about them.

Thanks Scrapycruiser,

It just this is not the first time the whole "request a serve"r thing came up and Iwas beginning to wonder. You comments certainly sound logical and I will continue to look forward to good service.

Luvstocruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter