Server Selection

working to live

Earning My Ears
I recently read a great thread where people recommended their servers from their past cruises. Does anyone know if there is a way to find out what servers will be on your cruise (when we get nearer to cruise date)? How do you make a specific server or dining room rotation request? Can you do it prior to boarding?
Thanks!

I know you can go up to the Head waiter and ask or go to the guest services when you board. You can try and go through your travel agent or Disney and request. We had Willliam DeSilva and Oka who where fantastic with small kids. William was so good with the kids that we where able to really enjoy our meal. We where at table 15, on the 2-5-05 Eastern cruise, :sunny: which was great in all the dining rooms. Not sure if he is still at that table but I would highly recommend him. You will have a great time!

Does anyone know if Leeroy or Lisa are still on the Magic. They were great with my 3 girls.

We just had Jennifer who was fantastic. It was her first week as a server and you couldn't even tell. She did magic tricks with the kids and they loved it. Her assisstant server was leaving the ship so I don't know who is now working with her.

Denevon and Sylvester served us. They've been on the ship for awhile and really know their stuff.Great people.....then again has anyone ever had a bad experience with their servers????

We were on the Wonder earlier this month and had Jaro and Sergio. Jaro was fine, but Sergio was terrible. He spent all of his time at the table next to us telling jokes and having a great time, and then when he did come to us, he was abrupt and almost rude...and then he would go back to the other table and be upbeat and funny again. My brother in law thought that it was because we did not order and drinks and the other table had bottles of wine and many mixed drinks. (Sergio was the Assistant Server).

We had Christian and Bang Bang back in January and they were both wonderful. We plan on asking for them again when we cruise in October!

We had Christian 2 sailings ago and we ran into him at CC and he remembered us!!!! That's probably not good.....right? :rotfl2:

We've never had a bad experience with servers...nor would we. If a problem arose, I'd asked to be moved to another table or just wouldn't subject myself and my family to a bad server.

Sylvester was our server cruise before last, and was absolutely one of the best. We saw him last cruise and he of course remembered us. He even brought DD, who was crazy about him anyway, a HUGE banana split in
at lunch one day when he was working in Lumiere's. Of course, she ate like 2 bites and DH and I ate the rest of it!!!!!!!!!!! :earboy2:

The only time I ever request a server is at Palo. We have our favorite...he's been our server for at least 4 of our cruises and he's like a member of our family. :love1:

Phyllis

After reading these boards, for months, my Nov 2004 cruise was wonderful, with the exception of our server. He was really bad. (I worked my way thru college serving, I am parcel to servers)

He was really the pits, & we made the best of it. No personality, plus couldn't handle the work. I never said anything, to the family, since we were having a blast, & didn't want to ruin our fun. The last night, he was so bad, he never bought desserts, or coffee. He also forgot DD's 10th b-day. Our table mates, were not happy, with him either, they had problems with him. I did fill out the card. I have not seen his name come up, on these boards.

I am going this Nov 2005 & will ask for a server this time based on these boards.

I will also be going Thanksgiving 2006 with my whole family, & will be requesting again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter