• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seriously! I have to pay twice what my brother pays for WDW!

The trick to having your brother put you on his package is that all payments and paperwork must go through his UK credit card and his UK mailing address. You could not pay Disney directly; you would have to pay your brother and let him pay the total for both parties. Doing it this way is perfectly OK as you are not the guest of record; you are just part of a party booked in someone else's name.

The trick to having your brother put you on his package is that all payments and paperwork must go through his UK credit card and his UK mailing address. You could not pay Disney directly; you would have to pay your brother and let him pay the total for both parties. Doing it this way is perfectly OK as you are not the guest of record; you are just part of a party booked in someone else's name.

For those low prices you could even book a 3 bedroom so that everybody gets a bed and your Sister's kids aren't stuck sleeping on a pull out couch.

As long as your sister and brother in law make all the payments through their local form of payment you can just pay them your part and they can have whoever they want to on their reservation. Have them book it and pay for it themselves and you just pay them your part.

Being able to stay 14 days with free dining in a deluxe resort for a family of 4 for less than 5k is a STEAL. I would tell your husband to shut up and go ahead and have the relatives book the trip. If DH feels out of place about it tell him to stay home! :lmao:

I think you did not understand what I wrote.
Disney Europe has different rules for every European country.
For example . The Uk can book for the Christmas season two months before we can.

I tried for years in a row to book through the English site and by phone because the rooms we want are very scares. These rooms book out in an hour as soon as they come available.

A begged and pleaded but never was able to book through the UK site nor by phone in a different country than mine. As soon as they ask the CC number you get a polite but firm Sorry no can do.

And illegal? Why? At most it is annoying.

I may not have madré myself clear as English is not my native language. I tried a booking on thé UK web site and it would havé accepted my French credit card as well as most if not every other countries from the European Union.
I dont know where you are from but à lot of European countries are included.

I may not have madré myself clear as English is not my native language. I tried a booking on thé UK web site and it would havé accepted my French credit card as well as most if not every other countries from the European Union.
I dont know where you are from but à lot of European countries are included.

Well that is just not possible but to each his own opinion.:thumbsup2

I'm sorry I no time to get further into the matter as we have a plane to catch and land on American soil in a few hours. :woohoo:

I know that I have booked two rooms before when my family has gone to the world. However, getting a treehouse villa as mentioned above might be the ticket for you all to go and save some money. Will you be planning a lot of time in your room? I know when we go, we rarely are in the room.

I don't think that's true. To use Disneyland Paris as an example they have far cheaper deals available to book for French citizens than uk citizens. It was investigated by a consumer watchdog recently and the conclusion was it is legal and there's nothing that can be done about it :worried:

disneyland Paris works completely different than Walt Disney World.
In Paris, Yes, they have different deals and different rules for each country. Even the same hotels is different when for example booking through Expedia.de ...be ...it...fr...nl or whatever. that's just the way it is. Sometimes you can get a better deal by going through the website of another country, sometimes not.

For Walt Disney World: YES, The UK Offers are for any European Country.
I have booked several times through the wdtc.disneyinternational.com site.

btw I have paid with a european credit card, but also with a US credit card, I think you have to have a european mailing address.

Hmmmmm....if I fly to Europe I do not get any special deals on vacation packages there because I paid a lot in airfare.....just sayin

OP here: Thank you all for more suggestions.:)

I know that I have booked two rooms before when my family has gone to the world. However, getting a treehouse villa as mentioned above might be the ticket for you all to go and save some money. Will you be planning a lot of time in your room? I know when we go, we rarely are in the room.

I am not a big fan of the tree houses. It looks too isolated to me. Also, they are not given as options in the UK site. We also don't usually spend much time in the room.

Have a nice trip and enjoy your vacation !

Thank you :)

For those low prices you could even book a 3 bedroom so that everybody gets a bed and your Sister's kids aren't stuck sleeping on a pull out couch.

As long as your sister and brother in law make all the payments through their local form of payment you can just pay them your part and they can have whoever they want to on their reservation. Have them book it and pay for it themselves and you just pay them your part.

Being able to stay 14 days with free dining in a deluxe resort for a family of 4 for less than 5k is a STEAL. I would tell your husband to shut up and go ahead and have the relatives book the trip. If DH feels out of place about it tell him to stay home!
:rotfl2: Very funny! Ok, I'll tell him that.
No 3-bedroom options in the UK site.

This sounds like your best option, but be sure to request a 2-bedroom lock off as a previous poster said. This will give your separate exit/entrance for each family and a door that can be locked off for privacy when wanted.

Yes, I'll do that. Thanks

I talked to my brother and would try to get this package. However, DH would refuse to do it if it is against Disney rules. I just have to see what happens.

It is NOT against the rules for your brother to book 2 rooms at this rate. He can allow ANYONE to stay in the room with him.

You aren't breaking any laws. You are merely getting the best price you have access to--and you DO have access as your brother is booking it, and he will be there. BusinessES make decisions that benefit their bottom line & so should consumers. If a business makes a decision that charges one person more than another--would we say that it is unethical? They have that right. (happens all the time--compare McDonald's prices all over the world; airline passengers; hotel rooms; etc., etc., etc.)

BUT remember that you have a right to get the best price that you have legal access to. (again, you do have legal access as members of your brother's traveling party)

But sorry, $5K??--this is a no brainer. Have brother book & pay him back.

I'm a DVC member and own at Saratoga Springs.

If you decide to let brother book at 2-bedroom, you get a master bedroom with a king bed that has a private bath (it has both a large tub and a separate shower), the second bedroom will either have 2 queens (dedicated 2 bedroom, no separate entrance from outside) or will have 1 queen and a sofa bed in the second bedroom (separate entrance from the outside (this is the same as a studio room at SSR).

You will ALSO get a full kitchen and a living room. The living room has a sleeper sofa. There's a small banquette for dining - all 8 of you would not fit at the table.....but still way more roomy than a studio.

Costs savings aside, the 2 bedroom will give you lots more room.

Egads,
I am not mathmatically inclined so it may be difficult for me to get the concept,
BUT,
If he pays in UK lbs his $100 converted to US is almost double. I am going by a person sending $100 to a stateside person and needed reliable person to use Paypal receive and convert it to her us in US funds.

When I recieved the $100, the paypal converted to US at $180.00. loss of power of the US buck.
So even it he paid $5,000 wouldn't they have to send US funds conversion which would up the anti to brother. IF they send him $5000 wouldn't he be short on the money conversion?

Type slow I am math delexic :hug:

Egads,
I am not mathmatically inclined so it may be difficult for me to get the concept,
BUT,
If he pays in UK lbs his $100 converted to US is almost double. I am going by a person sending $100 to a stateside person and needed reliable person to use Paypal receive and convert it to her us in US funds.

When I recieved the $100, the paypal converted to US at $180.00. loss of power of the US buck.
So even it he paid $5,000 wouldn't they have to send US funds conversion which would up the anti to brother. IF they send him $5000 wouldn't he be short on the money conversion?

Type slow I am math delexic :hug:

You mean someone sent you 100Sterling and you got 180USD after the conversion? IME, standard conversion fee on a business CC payment is no more than 2%. At today's rate, 100Sterling would be $168.28, on which I would normally pay no more than $3.36 in conversion fees.

If the OP's brother pays out 3118Sterling on her behalf, then she owes him $5028.35 at today's rate. If you tack on a 2% conversion fee, that should be an extra $62.36, for a total of $5090.71. That's still a whole lot less than she would pay for a comparable package for herself.

The catch, as I see it, is that packages such as these are almost never actually sold without the airfare added on. If that is the case, it won't pay, because eating a transatlantic airfare for 4 no-show tickets would probably cancel out the ticket savings.

You mean someone sent you 100Sterling and you got 180USD after the conversion? IME, standard conversion fee on a business CC payment is no more than 2%. At today's rate, 100Sterling would be $168.28, on which I would normally pay no more than $3.36 in conversion fees.

If the OP's brother pays out 3118Sterling on her behalf, then she owes him $5028.35 at today's rate. If you tack on a 2% conversion fee, that should be an extra $62.36, for a total of $5090.71. That's still a whole lot less than she would pay for a comparable package for herself.

The catch, as I see it, is that packages such as these are almost never actually sold without the airfare added on. If that is the case, it won't pay, because eating a transatlantic airfare for 4 no-show tickets would probably cancel out the ticket savings.

Interesting thought if airfare if required. Book the airfare through Disney. Cancel it directly with the airline (paying the cancellation fee) and rebook to another destination.

Oh I did not even think of the conversion fee. I think it was UK, but back in those days the $1 = $1.80
So I was thinking if the family paid $5000 would be another $4000 to her brother to make hime whole.

I would go on the trip and stay where it was my budget. Never know when it may be the last you see an overseas family member. Life is short.
Hope it all works out and thanks for explaining about conversion.

It's no problem only booking the resort and tickets through the UK disney website and then book airfair elsewhere.

We do not have to book flights with the package. I have booked 14 nights OKW Studio, Free DDP and 14 day tickets for £2030 ($3200) and did not need to take flights. My flights did cost $1800 for 2

Its always been a deal for Europeans to come here they get airfare cheaper also when io visit Europe where im from its cheaper for my sister to get airfare and packages to Disney i paid 500 plus dollars for same airfare last year when i went back with her its not fare but thats way it is thats why theres so many tourists from europe because its cheap for them.

Thank you for the information about discounts. I would never pay $10,000 for a trip to WDW. My most expensive trip was for $4500 for one week package. As far as the discount codes, I have received only 2 pin codes (not including the general pin codes) in the last 9 years, both have been for dates that my kids were in school, so I couldn't use them.

I understand Disney is trying to get UK residents to stay for 2-3 weeks. Actually I have almost 6 weeks of vacation every year and I would definitely use 2-3 weeks of it at WDW if I could pay $5000 for 2 weeks in a deluxe resort and 14 days of park hopper pass plus dining.

UK citizens get a free dining, plus 14 days for the price of 7 days tickets, plus $200 Gift cards, and I don't think the resort charge was rack rate (showed $134 discount). I just don't think (my personal feeling) it is right not to give that kind of options to US customers. I understand it is their business decision and there is nothing I can do. Ok, no more complaining :rotfl:
i dont think its fair we cant get the same deal because i think if we could we would stay as long i know i would .

Mmmmmm not so much. A flight across the ocean and back with XXL seats costs 600 Euro pp.

Looking at the prices in the US these are very very high.

As i said in another post if i book same flight as my sister i pay more she cant book it for me they wont allow it i paid over 500 for same dates as she visited its cheaper for her to visit me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter