Seriously debating PP Club Level for Jan 3-8 visit... any thoughts?

NewbieMouse

DIS Veteran
We always stay at BWPPI on our annual holiday trip - we like the proximity and free breakfast. However, I am beginning to get very, very spooked by touring plan crowd estimates. It has our days much higher than I hoped - 9, 9, 7, 6. We usually try to go earlier in December to avoid crowds, but this year that's just not an option. I hate crowded parks more than long walks, so.... I have been considering an onsite stay this year for the early entry advantage. Club service at PP is ~$90/night more so I'm thinking it may be a good deal with the breakfast and drinks/snacks - DDs are 11 and are starting to want full adult size meals. I don't think I can justify GCH or DLH prices - especially at club level where the difference is more like $200/night.

Another option is to do a split stay. :scared:Since the really bad days are the Monday and Tuesday, I could check out Tuesday and move to BWPPI - then I would get EE for Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday. If I have a 5 day park hopper, could still use the one EE on Thursday at DL, or would it show as used up because I used the hotel EE earlier in the week?

Just thought I would bounce this off helpful DISers and see what you think of PP Club Level and/or a split stay idea. Any thoughts are appreciated. Maybe I'm too paranoid?

Last edited:
I haven't stayed PP CL specifically but I find the best bang for my buck in CL comes when we are around for evening appetizers and breakfast. Drinks through the day are nice as is (continental) breakfast being already prepared but you won't be running all the way back to the hotel just for a soda. Often times the appetizers at night fill us up enough that we just split a couple counter service meals for a late dinner in the parks, and the wine is a nice adult perk! For just breakfast and some drinks we can't justify the cost. They also do desserts until about 10pm fyi. I can see $90/night definitely being worth it if you'll be around to take advantage of it when traveling with your family! Early Entry (hotel perk) & Magic Morning (ticket perk) are different. You can get EE every morning of your stay including check out day. If you use EE before your MM to enter DL make sure to show your room key & say hotel early entry so they don't use your MM.

I haven't stayed PP CL specifically but I find the best bang for my buck in CL comes when we are around for evening appetizers and breakfast. Drinks through the day are nice as is (continental) breakfast being already prepared but you won't be running all the way back to the hotel just for a soda. Often times the appetizers at night fill us up enough that we just split a couple counter service meals for a late dinner in the parks, and the wine is a nice adult perk! For just breakfast and some drinks we can't justify the cost. They also do desserts until about 10pm fyi. I can see $90/night definitely being worth it if you'll be around to take advantage of it when traveling with your family! Early Entry (hotel perk) & Magic Morning (ticket perk) are different. You can get EE every morning of your stay including check out day. If you use EE before your MM to enter DL make sure to show your room key & say hotel early entry so they don't use your MM.

That makes sense to me. What time do you do the appetizers? I notice they say alcoholic drinks are available between 5-7 - is that when you go?

8pm close? yikes! Yes, the alcoholic drinks are generally served during appetizer time.

I did not know that; we should be OK as we usually go back for a mid-late afternoon break and then head back to the parks, so probably wouldn't eat after 8pm.

Be aware PPH Club closes at 8pm. Not sure about PPH, but DLH club serves alcohol all day, you just need to ask.

Good tip! I will ask.

I did go ahead and book it - we will do a split with PP for the first 3 nights and BWPPI for the last 2 nights (I know ideally we'd do it in the reverse order to go "up" in quality, but we've stayed at BWPPI every year so we'll be prepared for the downer. I think by then the closer walk may actually be a welcome treat!).

But on Sunday morning (our check in day at PP), we can arrive before parks open and drop our luggage, correct?

But on Sunday morning (our check in day at PP), we can arrive before parks open and drop our luggage, correct?
Yes, you can check in and get your room keys which will get you EMH access that morning (you'll also have it on the day you check out fyi). Here's the link for more details on what PP CL offers. Click "view amenities" under "rooms with club level service" for details. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/hotels/paradise-pier-hotel/rates-rooms/
Have a wonderful trip!

Hi, I just got home this morning after staying at the PPH CL for 3 nights. I was on a solo trip and did a split stay, 2 nights at the Hilton Anaheim, and 3 Nights at PPH CL. Honestly, it was so nice being close to the parks and downtown disney, however I wouldn't pay for club level again if I were by myself, i'd take the money and get a room at GCH or DLH without club level, or stay somewhere offsite but close!! However with a family all using the perks of free food, I could see how it could make more sense to do the club level. I visited the club only a few times during my trip, and it was a real inconvenience to return to the hotel between 5-7, as thats when the weather finally cooled down. I'd much rather return to my room between 1-4 and stay out of that hot heat. The club closed at 8, and so did the parks, so there was 0 use of it after the parks closed, thats definitely something I was quite disappointed about. But overall yes there are bags of chips and cookies out all day, you can take them to the park with you which is nice, but theres so many great dining options at disneyland, I regret spending that money on club level and not on the better food elsewhere.

Hi, I just got home this morning after staying at the PPH CL for 3 nights. I was on a solo trip and did a split stay, 2 nights at the Hilton Anaheim, and 3 Nights at PPH CL. Honestly, it was so nice being close to the parks and downtown disney, however I wouldn't pay for club level again if I were by myself, i'd take the money and get a room at GCH or DLH without club level, or stay somewhere offsite but close!! However with a family all using the perks of free food, I could see how it could make more sense to do the club level. I visited the club only a few times during my trip, and it was a real inconvenience to return to the hotel between 5-7, as thats when the weather finally cooled down. I'd much rather return to my room between 1-4 and stay out of that hot heat. The club closed at 8, and so did the parks, so there was 0 use of it after the parks closed, thats definitely something I was quite disappointed about. But overall yes there are bags of chips and cookies out all day, you can take them to the park with you which is nice, but theres so many great dining options at disneyland, I regret spending that money on club level and not on the better food elsewhere.

I am beginning to second guess myself about the whole thing. I'm wondering if I'm just way too spooked about the crowd levels. It would be better do onsite for a trip where I could take more advantage of the pools....I might re-think it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter