Serious Christmas gift crisis...suggestions?

CrazedDisFan

<font color=darkorchid>Let's just say there were f
My dd, 8, is insistent that Santa is going to bring her a Figment sleeping bag. I keep trying to tell her the elves can't make that because Figment doesn't sleep. She insists he does because in her "imagination" he does! Tonight at dinner, my husband told her the elves might not be able to make one and she should start thinking about something else. Well right there in Cracker Barrel she burst into tears.

So, I think you can see where I am going with this. I do not sew well enough to make a bag. Any suggestions of online places to look?

Thanks so much!

How about getting one of those plain color fleece bags and taking it to a custom embroidery place? I think they'll copy pictures.

Here is an idea.

Buy a solid color sleeping bag. Look up airbrushers in the yellow pages.
Geta good pic of Figment for them work off of. Hire them to airbursh Figment onto the bag.

She's just small right? Can't you just make a sleeping bag that does not have a zipper, but ties and then iron on a transfer of Figment? There are patterns at the fabric store for cute little sleeping bags or blankets that roll up and tie together. It really wouldn't be that hard to do. OR get a friend to help- it's just sewing straighth lines! You could do it!!

If that doesn't work- why not just make a pillowcase with an iron on of Figment- and then tell have the elves leave a note about being really really busy with all the good kids this year etc. Maybe that would work??

You could also get fabric paper - pieces of muslin with a backing that you can run through your printer. Print off a picture of Figment, and applique it to a solid color bag.

If you get a fleece bag, not a nylon one, you might even be able to glue it on with fabri-tac and cover the raw edges with rick rack or something.

Thanks for the great ideas!!!!! I was just so stumped. She is a tad obsessed with Figment. We have only rode the ride twice!

I had not even thought of a pillowcase. I will let the elves ;) know.

Okay I will ask..What is figment?

Good Luck with your project!

PaulaSue said:
Okay I will ask..What is figment?

Good Luck with your project!
It's this purple dragon from Journey Into Imagination with Figment. That ride totally freaked out my dd3! The CM said it wasn't scarry well, she thought otherwise. She screamed through the whole thing!

Anything I would suggest has already been mentioned. Just giving you a bump and some :wizard:. I know how much I hate to disappoint my kids, so I hope you find a way to make your DD's Christmas wish come true!

I feel your pain. The only thing DS5 is asking Santa for this year is light up hotwheels. He got one in a happy meal and now he wants santa to bring him a set. I have searched and searched to no avail. I have tried explaining that Santa may not be able to bring them and he insists that his elves can make anything :earseek: No clue how I'm going to work this one out.

Cute, thanks for the info!

What did you decide to do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter