Seralago Hotel & Suites Main Gate East?

jennyf2

DIS Veteran
Good Morning!

Wondering if anyone has stayed here? I looked online & it looks great! I have been going back & forth on where to stay--currently planning on the ASSports. We have never stayed off site so I'm a little "unsure". I'm going to book later today or tomorrow AM.

Any reviews would be great :)

Go to the SeralagoHotel Facebook Fan page and ask there. You can see photos and see what people are saying about the hotel. Might help you make your decision.
Helena

We just stayed there in May and loved it! Here is my review that I posted when we returned:

Just got back from a week at Seralago. Overall, we enjoyed it very much and would definitely stay again!

Pros:

~Price we got was awesome
~Pool was sparkling clean and very comfortable temperature (we only used the front pool, so I can't vouch for the one toward the back of the resort)
~Our room was very clean and we had plenty of space for all of our stuff (that is saying something considering we were a group of all females in my room, LOL)
~The staff was very friendly and if we needed anything they were on top of it quickly
~The general store in the lobby is pretty well stocked (which came in handy when DD15 had a reaction to a mosquito bite and I needed some Benadryl at 10:00 p.m.)
~There were Disney touches all over the place (since they are a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel, they use Disney's logos on hotel items, so everything from our Seralago parking pass to our resort info brochures had Disney on it). There were also some Disney cutouts in the lobby which the kids liked getting pics with and they have the Disney Parks info channel with Stacy.
~There was noticeable security throughout the resort which was nice (they were riding around on golf carts checking things out pretty much every time we were outside)
~It was a short, easy drive to the Disney Maingate and I was actually getting a kick out of getting to go through the gate so many times, LOL
~Didn't see a single bug, mouse or rat (tiny lizards, yes of course)

Cons:

~The water pressure definitely needs some adjusting...you can tell when the people behind you are in the shower at the same time you are. Not a huge deal and I know a lot of people have switched to the "low-flow" showerheads anyway, but annoying to me because I have thick hair and need the water pressure to rinse properly. Luckily that only happened to me 2 times all week.
~The outside could use some sprucing up. It doesn't look too bad when you first pull up but once you round the corner past the lobby building, you can tell that the buildings are quite dated. Having said that, everything in our room was modern and up to date ~ it just doesn't make for nice pics right outside the rooms. Not a big deal to us.
~We got annoyed with the shuttle service that Seralago uses. They use Maingate shuttles and in the morning they were pretty much on time to take us to MK and the driver was very nice. However, we were told to be back to our spot by 11:15 p.m. for the last pick up and we got there at 11:14 and the shuttle had already left. It was the last one for the night and we had to take a taxi back ~ not convenient and we put in a complaint about that. Again, annoying, but not a dealbreaker for me ~ we would make to sure to be in the spot at least 10-15 minutes earlier next time to be safe.

As I said, overall we truly enjoyed our stay at Seralago. I plan on staying there for my future WDW trips as well. It saved me so much money and we don't feel like we missed out on the Disney experience at all. Actually, we all agreed that this was our most relaxing trip so far. I'm sure I'll be planning the next one soon!

We stayed there for one night in early June. We just booked a standard double queen room. Got it for less than $50 with taxes. And basically I felt we got what we paid for. The room was adequate for what we needed (1 night) and was clean, however I would not have wanted to spend more than a couple of nights in that particular room. All the furniture appeared banged up, there was a big chip out of the vanity top near the edge, our toilet had next to no pressure (had to flush it at least 2 times just to get one thing of toilet paper down it) and the bathroom just appeared very dated. As a previous poster commented the entrance and front of the building are decent in appearance but once you round the corner, it definitely looks dated. Check in people were extremely nice. We used the main pool (I believe they have a 2nd pool farther in the back) and it was nice size and the perfect temperature. Was a very short drive to any of the Disney parks and there were a lot of restaraunts within a very short distance (some within walking distance).

Thanks for the responses :) 1 more question: Do you remember how deep the pool was?

The price was great, however you get what you pay for. The room was clean, however it was very run down. That didn't bother me as much as the large groups of people "hanging out" around the parking lot and outside our room where we pulled up.
I'm all for security, yet when a security car drives by 4 or 5 times while we are unloading our car and we are surrounded by "socializing hotel guests" I tend to feel unsafe.
It felt like a gang situation. And there we were with our minivan and our cooler of juice boxes. Very uncomfortable. The pool area was the same. Filled with large groups of people yelling (not speaking) yelling in Spanish. The teenagers making out in the pool had us call it a day. My husband moved a chair in front of the door so we could sleep.
Checking out the next day was a circus.
Maybe it's changed since last year though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter