Sequoia

kailuagirl

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disneyland end of Sept/Oct and I really want to take our dd to sequoia. About how far of a drive is it from Disneyland? How many days or time is good to spend there? Lastly, is this something we should save for when we plan to visit SFO area instead? It kinda looks in the middle of both. Thanks!!

It is about in the middle -- about 4 1/2 hours from Disneyland, 4 3/4 hours from San Francisco.

I would compromise and visit Sequoia/Kings Canyon from Disneyland, and visit Yosemite from San Francisco. That's a win-win!

Websites:
Sequoia - www.nps.gov/seki
Yosemite - www.nps.gov/yose

Last edited:
JimMIA has good advice, though I would factor in about a 5-hour drive from the LA area due to traffic. :) I live by LAX airport, and it usually takes me about 5 hours to get to Giant Forest, which is where you have General Sherman, Crescent Meadow, & Moro Rock.

My DD and I visited Sequoia from Disneyland in June and really enjoyed it. Car rental and drive were easy. Spent the night at the lodge. Next year we are going to Yosemite on the way to Hawaii!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter