Sequoia sightseeing tours

Valeri

Earning My Ears
Hello,
I would to know if some of you already did the activity "Sequoia Sightseeing Tours - half day tour" (sequoiatours. com). If yes does it worth to pay for it ? We are going there in december. If not, what others activities can you propose us ? we are 2 adults and 2 children and we are staying in sequoia park 2 nights and 1 day.
Thank you for your advices :)

I've camped in Sequoia several times, and have stayed in Giant Forest, Grant Grove, and Cedar Grove. We've never used a professional tour, and I don't think you need to either.

You can visit the visitors center located at the south entrance to the park or the one up in Giant Forest or Grant Grove for ideas & maps on things to see.

I highly recommend visiting the Giant Forest and General Sherman tree (largest living thing in the world). In one day you can visit that, Crescent Meadow, and Moro Rock. Moro Rock is a 1/4 mile of steps leading to the top of a dome. Crescent Meadow offers a beautiful walk (not really a hike) around some meadows among the giants. Be sure to see the chimney tree and Tharpe's Log (a fallen tree turned into a cabin - it's that big).

If you go to Grant's Grove, there is a nice walk among the giants there, too, which is really nice.

When we go we always stop at Hume Lake. There is a beach there and you can swim - it is really nice. There is also a Christian camp at this lake that rents out kayaks, canoes, and row boats for a small charge. We've been renting the kayaks since my kids were 7 & 8 (somewhere around there). The beach is really nice, and it is a great place to spend a couple or few hours.

There are a couple of caves - Crystal Cave with a 1/4 mile steep hike down to the mouth of the cave. We've been on that tour a couple of times, and we've also been to Boyden Cave on the other side of the park - very easy to get to, but it's a drive.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Thank you for your answer.
I will print it to be sure to not forget any areas :p
We won't be able to swim, unfortunatelly, because it will be during the winter. But I'm sure the panorama is more than beautiful. I'm impatient to live and feel it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter