• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September?

HeatherBelle614

Always wishing on a star!
Hey everyone!

Any good or bad things about going in September? I've never been that month, but I got the DDP PIN that has made it look like we'll be able to go this year after all!

Only thing is, Labor Day is September 7. Has anyone been that weekend? Is it usually crowded?

We can move our dates back a week to the end of August, but we're really hoping to see some Halloween decor (we'd be there September 4-13.) I know they put things out early last year. Any opinions?

Thanks!!!

We were there Sept 6-13th last year and the decorations were up and we had two MNSSHP nights that week. I think that Labor Day is pretty crowded but it dramatically drops off the next day. Sept 6th for us was the Saturday after Labor Day and we walked on to most rides the whole week.

So it looks like it might be pretty busy the first part of your week and not so busy the second. I think I would still take that option rather than a full week in August. I also really really enjoyed MNSSHP so that would also factor in my decision.

The parks shouldn't be very busy, but I think this is free dinning time? So many TS restaurants will be filled to capacity with those that do go to the parks.

I also arrived after Labour Day last year. I did notice the first week we were at WDW that it wasn't as crowded as the second week.

I was also there last September--week after labor day. It was EMPTY, so although you might have some crowds for labor day, you should have the place to yourselves after that.

Free dining does crowd up the restaurants, but you barely feel it in the parks. (Book your dining early, however--right at that 90 day window!)

I am going to the first week of september also and I was just wondering how did you get your pin code already are you a DVC member, florida resdient or something like that I have been waiting and waiting for a pin and nothing but I am glad you did .... I was also told by a CM that September is still hot but the crowds are less and that its a great time the halloween decor should be up since they are starting MNNSHP the first week so hopefully we will run into each other Look for DIS shirts

We were there this past September and we had a great time. I really didn't even think it was too miserably hot, honestly. The one issue that we had was that it rained heavily every day we were there, for hours at a time. So, just be prepared to bring your ponchos and be prepared to be rained on. The one good thing that we found about the rain though was that it certainly emptied out the parks. We just ended up doning our ponchos and getting out in it - so I think that attitude is everything... Some of the bigger rides were closed during the lightening but we ended up just hitting some of the lesser rides which we probably wouldn't have gone to. All in all, September was a great time for us. Happy planning!

we have gone 3 septembers in a row and it was great. a little hot but nothing we would consider miserable. crowds were low, only a few of the marquee attractions warranted fast passing

We were there both pre and post Labor Day in '07. There were some decent crowds there on the holiday weekend when we arrived, nothing horrible though. It was interesting to be in the parks on Labor Day though, because the crowd sizes were a little lighter than the day before and as the day wore on they got thinner and thinner so that by the time evening rolled around you could really notice the difference . The day after Labor Day and beyond saw pretty close to non existant crowds and we pretty much walked onto everything, maybe a 5-10 minute wait at worst on some rides.

The crowds taper off after Labor day.It is low crowds, but the restaurants are MOBBED. You need to book dining ressies this time of year, walk ups are almost impossible.It is still very hot and very humid, with daily rain showers. MNSSHP started very early last year Sept 5th.This was the first year it started so early, and with the economy as bad as it is, and disney making many cuts, I would not Bank on it happening as early or as often as last year .

I am going to the first week of september also and I was just wondering how did you get your pin code already are you a DVC member, florida resdient or something like that I have been waiting and waiting for a pin and nothing but I am glad you did .... I was also told by a CM that September is still hot but the crowds are less and that its a great time the halloween decor should be up since they are starting MNNSHP the first week so hopefully we will run into each other Look for DIS shirts

They sent out a DDP PIN this week; no idea how I actually got it. I've never gotten one before, so we were very excited!

I have a feeling once they see how many book on the PIN that they'll release a code to the public. When I booked yesterday, I asked if they'd had many calls for the DDP PIN, and my CM said she'd worked the entire day it came out and yesterday, and that I was only the second person to call her with it.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

We're booked and ready to go NOW!! I'll have to star a PTR soon! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter