September, when do you pack?

We leave in 12 days and I have had the large suitcase we check out and tossing things in for about 4 days. I had to start gathering it all up anyway to see what I still need, some of it was still in a plastic tub ( pop up hamper, disney misting fan etc...) from last years trip. I have not started on clothes yet, that will be a job for next weekend when I am a week out.

Dh decied to pack yesterday. I think it was only because we had to buy a new luggage set. So I packed the girls since all there clothes we are brining are new. Same with dh clothes. I'm still wearing mine right now so I will probably pack the day before. But I am going to get some of my stuff packed that I won't be needing and some clothes. We still need to pack all the shampoo and stuff like that. I also went to target last night and bought a few snack items for the plane and stuff. Still need to get a few items and we should be good.

Well, normally I would have started packing about a month ago, but I lay out the suitcases on the guest bed, and I have family visiting the weekend before I check in on the 21st, and they'll need the bed for sleeping. So I'll have to do all my packing in two evenings. Not exactly how I'd like to do it, but since I use a packing list, I can get it done fairly quickly without forgetting anything. Also, I'll be in a one bedroom villa with a washer/dryer, so I don't have to pack as many clothes as I would if I didn't have in room laundry.

We leave in 3 days and the girls are the only ones that are packed....haven't even thought about DH or I yet. I wanted to make sure the girls didn't wear anything that they were going to wear in Disney to school before we go. DH has all of his clothes ready to go in a pile in our room and I will be doing the same probably tonight. My Dh is working a 1/2 day tomorrow so he wants to pack everything then and get everything organized so we aren't doing it last minute.

Wow I am behind too! :worship:

We leave & arrive on the 25th too!

I'm so ready to get the luggage out of the closet and start throwing things in but DH thinks it's too soon :confused3

I have begun to put clothing aside that I will wear on the trip... just to make sure I don't forget it.

I start my list on the way home from Florida.... 1 yr before the next trip!
That way, it's really fresh in my mind as to what worked and what didn't and why not!
Like.... bring light drying tops/bottoms, especially important for rides that you get splashed on (ie Splash Mtn at Magic Kingdom, and that Popeye one at Universal [Bilge Water rats or something like that!]).

And the list is usually complete a month before the trip, so then I theoretically could leave the packing until a day or 2 before...but I do break out the suitcase(s) 3 wks before I go, but don't reallllly pack until the week of the trip... I try to have the suitcase completely packed before I go to bed (usually 5am flight out).

Sigh, next trip to DisWorld is over 1 yr away. I envy you! and you.. and you!

we arrive on the 30th, and will pack around 10 days before (only day both DH and I will have together before we fly). But all the clothes are already ironed and hanging ready to be packed. Just the small bits and pieces to be remembered.

:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybarHello there disneychard,

Well we are going on vacation in about 42 days and I have been planning on what to pack the day we finalized are reservation. :tink:
I really don't start the official packing in suitcases until a day or two before we leave. It never hurts to start putting the stuff you want to take with you aside in a special packing place. As for a packing list, I really just plan for my needs during the time of my vacation, being prepared for possible unpleasant weather and making sure I packed all the clothes I need for a great vacation.

I hope this helps you out.

:tink:Have A Magical Vacation
:mickeybar:mickeybar Chris & Ed

I leave in a week and I'm packing now. I want to make sure I don't forget anything. PLus I'm just excited!

We leave early Monday and I'm just now packing.
However I keep my "Dis" clothes separate form everything else so they are always ready to be popped into the suitcase should someone want to surprise me with a trip:cool1:

We leave for a night at the airport in 13 days. The plan is put the suitcases out tomorrow and start packing then. I need to make a list of everything, too. Usually, I don't pack until 1 day out, but before now, we always drove. Now that we are flying, I need to make sure that I have absolutely everything we need (as we won't have a car) and that means taking a bit more time in packing and checking everything a gazillion times.

I'm leaving in a week. I cant pack until the day before we leave since our kids doesnt know about it until the day before we leave. So I cant start packing their stuff yet. Otherwise they'll be like why? car seat and stroller can not be pack until we leave since we use it on a daily basis.

We leave on the 25th and I am about 85% packed(started this past weekend)! I would have started earlier but we were still wearing all our summer clothes up until this past weekend!

We leave in 11 days and I have not started packing yet :scared1: I usually try and pack the weekend before our trip but since this will be a surprise trip :rolleyes: I will be doing some packing this Saturday evening while my kiddos are at a birthday party :thumbsup2 and then then finish up next Friday while the kids are at school. :eek: I HOPE I DON'T FORGET ANYTHING!!!:scared1:

we leave on Saturday and I've got our guest room turned into PACKING CENTRAL ! :thumbsup2 I've got the list and suitcase in there, all my DD4's clothes / costumes / assorted stuff plus the backpack items for the park and toiletry items.

Laundry night is tonight. Tomorrow night me and DH will get our stuff all packed up. Thursday is "quick trip to Wal-Mart for everything we forgot". Then friday....relax and wait till Saturday morning to GO!!!! :cool1:

We leave on Saturday night and I was completely packed, (except for some toiletry items), last week. But up here in Washington, our summer weather is loooooooong gone and so the shorts, swimsuits and tank tops were just going to go into the storage bin anyway. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter