September Weather

MadiMouse

Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel
I am hoping someone can assist me. How is the weather in the first part of September in Anaheim?

You can take a look here, it has some useful history. :goodvibes

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/daily/USCA0027?climoMonth=9

When are you going? I am going to be there, with my DSis, sometime between the 7th and the 14th.

Thanks!!! :goodvibes Okay, we are booked for the Polynesian resort at WDW for Sept 6-13 but we are thinking about going to DLR from Sept 7-13 and staying at HoJo's. We are sooo confused right now. My DH is from L.A. and grew up going to DLR, but I have never been and we go to WDW at least twice a year so we may switch up. :confused3 What do you think? Where are you staying?

If you have a lot of experience with WDW and can go either way, I say mix it up and go to DLR!!! It is a different trip all together. I, like your DH, grew up visiting DL. As a teenager, I started going to WDW with my family, and that is were I took my DH once we were married (he had never been to either). I felt that it was the better of the two. We took our kids their a couple of time as well.

Then, in 2006, we took a trip to DLR. It was soo great! We all loved it, and for me, I couldn't believe that I had forgotten its pure charm! Now we go whenever we can.

We just took a huge trip to WDW, ten days in the parks and a cruise. It was great, we had fun, but we all agreed..we can't wait to get back to DL!!! :cool1:

We are staying at the Carousel for the upcoming trip in May. I haven't booked for September yet, but I might try Priceline for that since it will only be my sister and myself. What is great, and so different from WDW, is that you can save money staying off-site at DLR and still be in walking distance of the parks entrances. Also, Park hopping is totally different. They are joined by a plaza, you just walk across from one to the other. DTD is right there as well.

If you have a lot of experience with WDW and can go either way, I say mix it up and go to DLR!!! It is a different trip all together. I, like your DH, grew up visiting DL. As a teenager, I started going to WDW with my family, and that is were I took my DH once we were married (he had never been to either). I felt that it was the better of the two. We took our kids their a couple of time as well.

Then, in 2006, we took a trip to DLR. It was soo great! We all loved it, and for me, I couldn't believe that I had forgotten its pure charm! Now we go whenever we can.

We just took a huge trip to WDW, ten days in the parks and a cruise. It was great, we had fun, but we all agreed..we can't wait to get back to DL!!! :cool1:

We are staying at the Carousel for the upcoming trip in May. I haven't booked for September yet, but I might try Priceline for that since it will only be my sister and myself. What is great, and so different from WDW, is that you can save money staying off-site at DLR and still be in walking distance of the parks entrances. Also, Park hopping is totally different. They are joined by a plaza, you just walk across from one to the other. DTD is right there as well.

Wow, thank you so much. We received a great, entertainment rate for the HoJo's, so now I just need to cancel my reservation for WDW and get a refund. I will be going on a girl's trip in June so we will stick with DLR in Sept. I guess I am so use to WDW that DLR just seems so unfamiliar but my DH told me it will be great for me and DD. I am going to PM you.

thanks!!

The first part of September is still very warm, dare I say hot? I grew up down there and we were always bummed that we couldn't wear typical new school clothes (picture sweaters and corduroy pants). Yeah, poor us, boo hoo, we had to wear shorts and t-shirts. :)

Anyway, it is going to be warm-hot that week, but it won't ruin your trip. I went to D'land in the month of September in 2006 and it was great. Hope that helps!

Edited: Just saw you're from Atlanta--so when I say warm/hot, I don't mean Atlanta hot (humid). But definitely shorts or capris and t-shirts.

The first part of September is still very warm, dare I say hot? I grew up down there and we were always bummed that we couldn't wear typical new school clothes (picture sweaters and corduroy pants). Yeah, poor us, boo hoo, we had to wear shorts and t-shirts. :)

Anyway, it is going to be warm-hot that week, but it won't ruin your trip. I went to D'land in the month of September in 2006 and it was great. Hope that helps!

Edited: Just saw you're from Atlanta--so when I say warm/hot, I don't mean Atlanta hot (humid). But definitely shorts or capris and t-shirts.

Corduroy and sweaters???:lmao: :rotfl2: Oh, those were the days!!

Yes, we call it HOTLANTA! :lmao:

We were there towards the end of last Sept ~ it was a little warm for me (I am used to dry heat) but not as bad as June of 2006.

Our last two trips to DLR were plagued by unseasonably cool weather...I am hoping for a little of the famous sunshine this year!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter