September or December/January trip?

bxccah

Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!
Hello all, its Becca. I'm back from WDW and already planning my solo trip :P

Basically, my father and mother are separated and I'm not allowed to see him for personal reasons, and he wants to give me a nice present for my 18th- he's giving me some money towards WDW, mainly to pay for my All Star Sports stay. He already paid for our 2013 WDW trip- we'd only have been able to stay 10 nights at a value hotel. He paid for 21 days at Saratoga! Anyway, for my 18th I'm going solo to WDW for 14 or 21 days, depending on if disney offer a free dining plan.

My options are September, or 28th December until January (spending NYE at the world.)

My mum is really worried about me going in September because of hurricane season, but I'd be able to afford 21 days AND a dining plan. But I'd love to go for New Years- starting 2014 in the magic kingdom sounds amazing to me. It is, however, more expensive. And I can't even book it yet! Whereas my September trip, I'd be able to book now and start sorting out my dining reservations.

So, three questions.
1- have you ever been affected by hurricane season badly enough for it to impact on your vacation?
2- Would you personally choose 21 days in September w/ dining, or 14 days including NYE w/ dining?
3- When will I be able to book a December 13- Jan 14 trip?

Thank you all so much! Also, I'm getting a disney tattoo when I turn 18 as a gift to myself. I'm getting 'The most fantastic, magical things can happen, and it all starts with a wish...' on my wrist! :D

Think about what you have a higher tolerance for--heat or crowds. September will be great crowd-wise, but it is super hot and humid. We've been there when a hurricane blew through, but to us it felt good. We're from a cooler climate and appreciated the rain and wind. December/January will have nicer weather, but the parks will be crowded. As much as I don't like the heat, I'd go for 21 days in September.

I live here and have for 17 years so for hurricane season, yes Sept is a risk but the hotels are very safe and built to with stand hurricane force winds. In 17 years I only know of them closing the parks once for one day for hurricane season. (anyone remember different, please correct me).

It is much hotter and much more humid so if you can handle that, I'd take Sept.

Dec/Jan - the last week of Dec thru the first week of Jan is the most crowed week of the year. Long lines for everything, every where (no stretching the truth here as a FL person, I avoid WDW like the plague this time of year). If you can handle that then the weather is wonderful.

Have fun either way. Great B-day present.

Barbydoll8 said:
Dec/Jan - the last week of Dec thru the first week of Jan is the most crowed week of the year. Long lines for everything, every where (no stretching the truth here as a FL person, I avoid WDW like the plague this time of year). If you can handle that then the weather is wonderful.

Have fun either way. Great B-day present.

That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll book September. Thank you so much!! I'm staying at a disney hotel anyway so I'm sure there will be stuff to do if we can't go out. Thank you all!

Definately September! My wife and I used to go at that time before we had kids. If you go right after the Labor day holiday, you will have the run of the parks. We were sar taying at CB one year and I went to the pool bar on the Labor Day Holiday. The bartender I know said that 4500 people checked out that day. The parks were vitually empty we had the best trip. That is when we started going at that time until the kids started school. Definately do September.

MichaelH said:
Definately September! My wife and I used to go at that time before we had kids. If you go right after the Labor day holiday, you will have the run of the parks. We were sar taying at CB one year and I went to the pool bar on the Labor Day Holiday. The bartender I know said that 4500 people checked out that day. The parks were vitually empty we had the best trip. That is when we started going at that time until the kids started school. Definately do September.

Perfect! Thank you! I'm booking up. So excited.

If you're looking for a tattoo artist in the area, I know someone who is really amazing.

Hi, Becca! I wanted to tell you about my WDW hurricane experience. I was at WDW in 2005 for Hurricane Wilma. We only got the outer edges of the storm; strong winds and rain for about 18 hours. They closed the parks for about half a day, then reopened them. We stayed at the hotel, never lost electricity. The strange thing was, the storm actually cleared out the heat and humidity, and we had wonderful weather post-storm! It was one of my best trips ever!

Remember that the chance that you'll have a hurricane at the exact time of your trip is very, very small. Tell your mom not to worry; in the off chance you do experience a tropical storm or hurricane, WDW is one of the best and safest places to be!

Perfect! Thank you! I'm booking up. So excited.

I would go in September in a heart beat. I worry more about the flight getting delayed in/out more than the weather once you are actually there.

NYE is on my "Bucket List" but 1. my job does not allow and 2. I would dread the crowds

Hi Becca. I have never been to the parks in Dec. but I have been in Sept. Although it is very hot I feel there are many positives to Sept.

- The water parks are amazing. We went almost every day and didn't even feel the heat. We saved the parks for the latter part of the day when it wasn't as hot.

- The crowds are not as great in Sept. I can't imagine going during those times of year when it is peak season.

- There are sometimes more incentives during Sept because it is not a peak season and they are trying to fill those hotels.

I am sure you will have a great vacation either way. Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter