September/October 2007 Code, Discount and Rates Watch

Booking with Disney they will only give you 1 discount at a time. For instance we booked last year with FREE Park Hopper/Water Park Upgrade then our friends got a postcard about reduced room rates for the same travel time period.

When I called to get the room rate the CM said only one promotion can be applied. They will allow you to switch promotions to take advantage of whatever is cheaper. If we took the reduced room rate then we would not be entitled to the FREE Hopper/Water Park upgrade (which worked out to be a bigger savings than the room rate reduction).

I think that's how they work it. Only one promotion (code) can be entered under your reservation at a time. Their computer system simply won't allow for more than one code.

We went last year starting on September 28th through October 6th. Our free dining lasted for the entire trip (even though the promotion ended on Sept 30th) We just happened to "luck out", as our plane tickets were already purchased for those dates.
This is on the positive side for the consumer but if your not careful it also works to your negitive if you travel over "rate seasons".

For example if you stay for 7 nights arriving during "holiday" season Dec 31 you'd pay $199 for a moderate room for the whole time of your stay even though there is a rate reduction to "value" season starting Jan 1.

Also when booking last year I could not get the FREE Dining Plan for arriving on the 30th I had to book "before" the 30th (Sept 29th), then I could still run my trip over into Oct.

booking a package starting Aug. 5, which is value season, would still be "rack rate" for that time of year, so I could book that now and then, when free dining became available during that period, I could call and add it?

Subscribing. we're booked for the bounce back program, since we were lucky enough to visit DH's mom in Dec and sneak in a little trip.

We have friends (husband retiring from the military) who are planning to go to Disney at the same time, and I want to help them get a good deal.:thumbsup2

Subscribing and waiting for discounts in October ... hopefully the first week!

booking a package starting Aug. 5, which is value season, would still be "rack rate" for that time of year, so I could book that now and then, when free dining became available during that period, I could call and add it?
I would say yes, that's exactly what you could do. Deposit is only $200 and fully cancellable prior to 45 days before your arrival date. Now that I've found out the FREE Dining is coming back for sure this year that's what I'm thinking of doing - booking my trip now and then adding FREE Dining once it's announced.
Subscribing. we're booked for the bounce back program, since we were lucky enough to visit DH's mom in Dec and sneak in a little trip.
What is this "bouce back program"? It looks like it only started or was available in Dec? Thx

Now that I've found out the FREE Dining is coming back for sure this year that's what I'm thinking of doing - booking my trip now and then adding FREE Dining once it's announced.

This is the first "sure" post about the free dining I've seen. How do you know about it?

Also when booking last year I could not get the FREE Dining Plan for arriving on the 30th I had to book "before" the 30th (Sept 29th), then I could still run my trip over into Oct.

I booked my package last yr starting on 9/30 and stayed 10 nights w/free dinning. I had moved my dates from 10/4 to 9/30 with free dinning and still paid less then what my original price would have been.

This yr. I am planning on 9/28- 10/13 I know if free dinning is offered I am not able to get it for that long, but thats ok with me. Will move to studio for the last part of the trip whooo hooo, can't wait. :banana: :banana:

I would say yes, that's exactly what you could do. Deposit is only $200 and fully cancellable prior to 45 days before your arrival date. Now that I've found out the FREE Dining is coming back for sure this year that's what I'm thinking of doing - booking my trip now and then adding FREE Dining once it's announced.
What is this "bouce back program"? It looks like it only started or was available in Dec? Thx

I'm dying to know too! Our extended family is going and are all arguing over the dates.. With the underlying exception that if Free dining comes out we will all go in Sept... So... is it a sure thing?? I've been holding my breath for weeks!!!

This is the first "sure" post about the free dining I've seen. How do you know about it?
From someone who wrote earlier in this thread!
I booked the Bounce Back Program when I was there in Dec '06 for Sept 29th-Oct 7th. Free dining is August 5th-Sept 29th for 2007. I had asked the CM for the latest date I could book for and still get free dining. He assured me that as long as we checked in by Sept 29th we'd have free dining for the length of our stay. When I told him I had an AP, he made the comment "then all you guys will need for this pkg is a one day ticket. Right?" I asked him if the DDP will ever be offered for sale to AP holders, he laughed and said he doubted it saying unfortunately rack rates would probably always be required in order to get the DDP.
I don't know what the "Bounce Back" program is though?

Thanks, Princess Aurora! We're booked for Sept. 23-29 so that sounds great to me!

*still keeping fingers crossed!* :woohoo:

Bounce Back was offered for a very limited time (ended 12/31/06) -- you had to book a future stay while still staying at a WDW resort. The program offered a reduced rate package which (I believe) was the free dining.

I know there was some controversy over it because it was not well advertised on-site and even people who knew about it had trouble finding out "where" to book it. Also, many people who would have booked it, didn't know about it until they got home from their trips and read about it on Disboards. :headache:

Originally Posted by 5starmom View Post
From someone who wrote earlier in this thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I booked the Bounce Back Program when I was there in Dec '06 for Sept 29th-Oct 7th. Free dining is August 5th-Sept 29th for 2007. I had asked the CM for the latest date I could book for and still get free dining. He assured me that as long as we checked in by Sept 29th we'd have free dining for the length of our stay. When I told him I had an AP, he made the comment "then all you guys will need for this pkg is a one day ticket. Right?" I asked him if the DDP will ever be offered for sale to AP holders, he laughed and said he doubted it saying unfortunately rack rates would probably always be required in order to get the DDP.
Whoa!! That was my post! I'm sorry but it appears I was misunderstood. Free dining was offered through the UK program and the Bounce Back Program (which is what I booked in Dec for Sept/Oct). However, I don't believe anyone knows if free dining is going to be offered for the general public. In fact the CM I spoke with in Dec made the comment that the only way for anyone to get the free dining for 2007 was going to be through the UK Program or the Bounce Back Program, as Disney was 'severely limiting the number of free dining pkgs for 2007'. Who knows if he was right, but I'm sorry if my post gave you the idea that free dining was definitely going to be offered to the general public, because that's not what I meant. The dates of August 5th-Sept 29th mentioned in my post was just for the Bounce Back Program. Again I'm sorry if I confused anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter