September/Oct 1 2021 DISmeet WDW 50th

Bishoparc

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I figured I would go ahead and create a placeholder for our trip report that will be coming up for Walt Disney World's 50 Anniversary! There are a few of us that have already booked sites and would love to meet up with anyone else that would like to join. We aren't doing this as a "group" reservation but we will plan on trying to request being close to each other if we can.

Plans are fluid but we do plan on braving the Magic Kingdom on October 1 to kick off the 50 year anniversary festivities.

So far these are the folks we know that will be there:

DISboards NameCheck-inCheck-outSite Type/Site #
BishopArc09/26/2021 (Sunday)10/03/2021 (Sunday)501
Kagoguen09/25/2021 (Saturday)10/09/2021 (Saturday)Full
serenitygr09/28/2021 (Tuesday)10/17/2021 (Sunday)Premium Meadows
tigger9266209/26/2021 (Sunday)10/03/2021 (Sunday)502

Activities
  • Tuesday Sept 28
    • DISmeet - 6:30P @ BishopArc's site
    • Potluck - Please let me know what you'd like to bring

Last edited:

We’ve got reservations September 28-October 17th... really keeping our fingers crossed that it will happen this year! We postponed last years because of Covid- this year we’re watching to see what happens in the world before then. I know we need to all be vaccinated in order for me to feel safe going, and also hoping some version of fast passes are back!
Hoping we will get to meet everyone who’s there this fall !!
Also- we’re in premium meadows 😊

We’ve got reservations September 28-October 17th... really keeping our fingers crossed that it will happen this year! We postponed last years because of Covid- this year we’re watching to see what happens in the world before then. I know we need to all be vaccinated in order for me to feel safe going, and also hoping some version of fast passes are back!
Hoping we will get to meet everyone who’s there this fall !!
Also- we’re in premium meadows 😊
Got you added and excited to get to meet you as well!!

We were there the end of September last year and until "things" change, ( Covid, Masks, Stores/Restaurants closed ), we will not return. Yes, I know that's harsh but the "Magic of Disney" is just not there with the current restrictions. Heck, just a couple of weeks ago, Disney "tightened" the screws a little more by not allowing you to remove your mask at all until your food is served ( at a sit down restaurant ).

Just FYI, they did have more park reservations open up for the 50th if anyone needed/wanted to get in.

For those of you going down for the 50th, Disney announced this morning on Good Morning America that there will be a new fireworks/projection show at MK starting on Oct 1. Projections will include all of Main Street from the artist image. HarmonioUS and a new daytime kite show in the AK RoL amphitheater will also debut on Oct 1.

https://blogmickey.com/2021/06/disn...ime-show-coming-to-magic-kingdom-october-1st/

Two New Nighttime Spectaculars and Much More Will Debut Oct. 1 to Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort

disney-enchantment-concept-art.jpg

A new nighttime spectacular, “Disney Enchantment,” will help kick off the 50thanniversary festivities when it debuts Oct. 1 at Magic Kingdom Park. Created to launch with “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” this evening extravaganza will take you on a journey filled with adventure, wonder and empowerment. Inspiring everyone to believe in magic, “Disney Enchantment” will feature music, enhanced lighting, stunning fireworks and, for the first time, immersive projection effects that extend from Cinderella Castle down Main Street, U.S.A.

There’s also new daytime entertainment stirring at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Check out this artist rendering of “Disney KiteTails,” which will come alive several times daily at the Discovery River Amphitheater beginning Oct. 1. Performers will fly windcatchers and kites of all shapes and sizes, while out on the water elaborate three-dimensional kites – some stretching to 30 feet long – will depict Disney animal friends, including Simba, Zazu, Baloo and King Louie. These colorful creations will dance through the sky to the beat of favorite Disney songs in an uplifting, vibrant experience for the whole family.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter