September No Buy!!

I'm going to aim for 17 No Buy Days to help build off my previous month's success.

September
1-No Buy #1
2-spent $20 to join my work's college football league, I'm the defending champion and I won $150 last year so it's a good return on investment if I get lucky again, otherwise it's just fun:cool2:
3-No Buy #2
4-had to buy clothes for a funeral :(
5-No Buy #3
6-gas, groceries, Redbox rental since my internet and cable were both out
7-unnecessary spending
8-No Buy #4
9-No Buy #5
10-No Buy #6
11-took a taxi home after a 5K
12-bought my mom's birthday present, so I have to make this a spend day, oh well
13-groceries
14-No Buy #7
15-No Buy #8
16-overslept and had to take a cab to work plus buy lunch since I didn't lay it out last night, ugh
17-had to get my air conditioner fixed
18-bought lunch with a coworker who wanted to talk to me about something
19-bought dinner, sigh
20-went to a friend's party where they were selling jewelry and ended up buying more than I expected
21-No Buy #9, surprisingly since I was kind of upset after having to fire one of my employees:(
22-No Buy #10

10/17 Days So Far, I need to step it up to make it this month and I probably won't be able to, but I'll be happy if I can get to 15

10 Days Goal - Awesome discovery during work trip at the end of the month. As much as I do buy impulsively, it was interesting to observe that prepared food is not something I spend a lot on, like trips to DD or whatever. I had to go out and buy saline and lip balm while on my trip, which lead me into Whole Foods for the first time...So glad we don't have one anywhere near us.

1 - NO BUY
2 - Back to school clothes $91
3 - Spend
4 - Spend
5 - State Fair
6 - Ice Cream
7 - more Ice Cream!
8 - Back to School dress
9- groceries after oral surgery $32 surgery $850 oop
10 - No buy #2
11 - No buy #3
12 - No buy #4
13 - No buy #5 (I paid a library fine of .10 but I am totally considering that a bill!)
14 - No buy #6
15 - $6 at farmers market
16 - No buy #7
17 - $6 at back to school picnic for 3 to eat!
18 - $30 at jc penny for skirt and jeans with coupon
19 - No Buy #8
20 - No Buy #9
21 - Travel for work, trying to travel light, resulted in much buying
22 - Travel home, more buying

9/10

How's everyone doing?! The month is coming to a close..... but there are still a few days left to hit your NO BUY goals for September! I just updated my original post on page 2 and I am at 11/15 no buys!! I will definitely make it! Especially since I am 48 hours away from pay day with less than $200 left in the checking account!
I will make it, how about you????..........P

Pretty sure I won't make my goal but I'm sitting tight on spending until next Wednesday to see how close I can get.

Updating my goal to 15 days, hopefully I can do better next month

September
1-No Buy #1
2-spent $20 to join my work's college football league, I'm the defending champion and I won $150 last year so it's a good return on investment if I get lucky again, otherwise it's just fun:cool2:
3-No Buy #2
5-No Buy #3
7-unnecessary spending
8-No Buy #4
9-No Buy #5
10-No Buy #6
12-bought my mom's birthday present, so I have to make this a spend day, oh well
13-groceries
14-No Buy #7
15-No Buy #8
16-overslept and had to take a cab to work plus buy lunch since I didn't lay it out last night, ugh
19-bought dinner, sigh
20-went to a friend's party where they were selling jewelry and ended up buying more than I expected
21-No Buy #9, surprisingly since I was kind of upset after having to fire one of my employees:(
22-No Buy #10
23-bought lunch since I had little food at home, but I stopped at the grocery store on my way home so that won't happen again

10/17 Days So Far, I'm not gonna make 17 days because I have to go out of town this weekend, I'm gonna try for 15 though

Playing catch-up again. It has been a crazy week. I have been working crazy hours and at 2 separate stores.

9/1- $4.89 Chick fil a, $17.89 Gas, $36.29 Ulta, and $120.76 Target
9/2- $34.56 At Home, $18.86 Sam's club, $4.12 Wendy's, and $21.86 Aldi
9/3- $0
9/4- $36.16 Joann fabrics, $27.95 Applebee's, and $66.58 Walmart
9/5- $0
9/6- $65.50 Ferry service to Kelley's Island, $34.16 Shopping, and $8.49 sonic on the way home
9/7- $0
9/8- $0
9/9- $15.89 gas, $26.99 Walgreens, $26.19 bakery, $89.55 Sam's club, and $25 CVS
9/10- $0
9/11- $0
9/12- $5.39 Chick fil a, $107.88 Aldi, $15 to a friend bought a purse from her, and $33.65 Heinens
9/13- $0
9/14- $0
9/15- $0
9/16- $8 Target pharmacy, and $3.45 Starbucks
9/17- $4.89 Chick fil a, $25.19 Denny's, and $115.20 Target
9/18- $0
9/19- $36.18 Olive Garden, and $104.19 Jcpenney
9/20- $38 Applebee's and $65.77 Target
9/21- $0
9/22- $0
9/23- $55.65 Giant Eagle, $88.67 Target, and $6.86 Chick fil a
9/24- $19.25 dinner
9/25- $38.80 Walmart, $15 cover charge at bar, $20 drinks, and $19.55 Denny's
9/26- $0

13/15 No Buy Days

I'll aim for 18 days.

September
6-easy one, staying home and relaxing--No Buy #1
7-came down with a vicious cold so I spent the day on the couch--No Buy #2
8-ordered pizza as I was not feeling up to cooking--spend
9-got the kids their indoor shoes--spend
10-only left the house to walk around the neighbourhood--No Buy #3
11-regular grocery shopping day, stayed within budget and was waaaaay below budget for gasoline for the week :yay: --spend
12-chocolate bars for the family from the dollar store--spend
13-No Buy #4
14-Spend
15-Spend
16-No Buy #5
17-Spend--gasoline
18-Spend--groceries
19-Spend--out to dinner as a family
20-No Buy #6
21-No Buy #7
22-Spend--fresh produce
23-No Buy #8
24-No Buy #9
25-Spend--groceries and gasoline
26-Spend--got a tip on a great deal to stock up on, so I took advantage
27-No Buy #10
28-
29-Spend--groceries
30-

10/18

Clearly I am not going to make it. But I have a friend who is a couponing queen and she is helping me rock the price matching, couponing, stockpiling game so I'm going to the store more often that I usually would. The main thing is to stay within my budget and I AM doing that. I'll try for fifteen next month and see if I can make that happen!

Back from Disney, filling the fridge/car ie. spending Hoping for at least 1 more $0 day!

1: $0
2: spend
3: $0
4: spend
5: $0
6: $0
7: $0 (gotta love holidays when the stores are closed)
8: spend As this is the first day of school, I consider this to be my first day of retirement, so we are heading to a play and some food.
9: spend
10: $0
11: $0
12: $0
13-24: Disney = spend
25: spend
26: spend

8/8

September
1-No Buy #1
3-No Buy #2
5-No Buy #3
7-unnecessary spending
8-No Buy #4
9-No Buy #5
10-No Buy #6
13-groceries
14-No Buy #7
15-No Buy #8
19-bought dinner, sigh
22-No Buy #10
23-bought lunch since I had little food at home, but I stopped at the grocery store on my way home so that won't happen again
24-coworker wanted to go out to lunch and I gave in, ugh
25-got invited to lunch again by someone outside my office and I had to buy a few things before heading to my mom's house
26-my mom had no food at her house so I had to stop at the grocery store, sigh

10/17 Days So Far, even 15 days is not happening now, so I have something to improve on for next month I guess

Well.... yesterday COULD have been a no-buy because I went out for groceries and stuck with it (didn't even stop for a coffee)... but I stopped at Big Lots for a few canned goods (best prices around) and found a Garnier one-use facial mask and tossed a few in the basket. Checked out and THEN realized that those $2 suddenly made it NOT a No-Buy day..... :( Oh well... off to update my post on page 2..............P

ETA: I am at 14/15 NO BUY days..... so I will definitely make it this month. But I'm mad at myself.... if I had skipped those face things yesterday I would hit my goal today. OH well.... I've got a few more days to make it!

Hope you all are doing well with this! Hang strong..... just a few days left in September!

ETA: Just realized that I promised DS I would go to the fabric store tomorrow to buy the supplies to start his Halloween costume..... so tomorrow will NOT be a NO BUY.... but I WILL still make it this month!

Last edited:

September
1-No Buy #1
3-No Buy #2
5-No Buy #3
7-unnecessary spending
8-No Buy #4
9-No Buy #5
10-No Buy #6
13-groceries
14-No Buy #7
15-No Buy #8
19-bought dinner, sigh
22-No Buy #10
25-got invited to lunch again by someone outside my office and I had to buy a few things before heading to my mom's house
27-brought home most of the groceries I bought yesterday so I didn't have to make another run today, but I got my passport photos taken too

10/17 Days So Far, even 15 days is not happening now, so I have something to improve on for next month I guess

Week 1

1: Spend
2: Spend
3: Spend
4: No Buy #1
5: Spend

Week 2

6: Spend
7: Spend
8: No Buy #2
9: Spend
10: Spend
11: Spend
12: Spend

Week 3:

13: No Buy #3
14: No Buy #4
15: Spend
16: Spend
17: Spend
18: Spend
19: Spend

Spent a few late nights at work. That equates to buying dinner on the way home.

Week 4:

20: No Buy #5
21: Spend
22: No Buy #6
23: No Buy #7
24: No Buy #8
25: Spend
26: Spend

Week 5

27: No Buy #9
28: No Buy #10
29: No Buy #11
30: Spend

11/15 No Buy Days

Last edited:
Thanks to a massive headache at the end of the work day yesterday, I did NOT go to the fabric store. I went straight home to lay down. So yesterday was a NO BUY! So I've made my goal for the month.... and since today is the day I work for WW in the evening, I will go straight from my day job to that and then straight home..... so little chance that I will spend $$ tonight, so today will probably put me over the top for my goal! Well.... I didn't make my weight loss goal for the month.... or my decluttering goal.... so glad I hit my goal SOMEWHERE!! :rolleyes: .............P

September
1-No Buy #1
3-No Buy #2
5-No Buy #3
7-unnecessary spending
8-No Buy #4
9-No Buy #5
10-No Buy #6
13-groceries
14-No Buy #7
15-No Buy #8
19-bought dinner, sigh
22-No Buy #10
27-brought home most of the groceries I bought yesterday so I didn't have to make another run today, but I got my passport photos taken too
28-mailed my passport application
29-No Buy #11, finally! I also went to the gym tonight so I feel pretty good

11/17 Days So Far, even 15 days is not happening now, so I have something to improve on for next month I guess

10 Days Goal -
1 - NO BUY
2 - Back to school clothes $91
3 - Spend
4 - Spend
5 - State Fair
6 - Ice Cream
7 - more Ice Cream!
8 - Back to School dress
9- groceries after oral surgery $32 surgery $850 oop
10 - No buy #2
11 - No buy #3
12 - No buy #4
13 - No buy #5 (I paid a library fine of .10 but I am totally considering that a bill!)
14 - No buy #6
15 - $6 at farmers market
16 - No buy #7
17 - $6 at back to school picnic for 3 to eat!
18 - $30 at jc penny for skirt and jeans with coupon
19 - No Buy #8
20 - No Buy #9
21 - Travel for work, trying to travel light, resulted in much buying
22 - Travel home, more buying

I fell off the tracking wagon, and I don't know if I made it or not. I am pretty sure I squeezed in that last day, but I vow to do better in October! Can you believe it is already OCTOBER tomorrow????

9/10

Finishing off the month.

1: $0
2: spend
3: $0
4: spend
5: $0
6: $0
7: $0 (gotta love holidays when the stores are closed)
8: spend As this is the first day of school, I consider this to be my first day of retirement, so we are heading to a play and some food.
9: spend
10: $0
11: $0
12: $0
13-24: Disney = spend
25: spend
26: spend
27: $0
28: spend
29: spend
30: spend

9/8

September
1-No Buy #1
3-No Buy #2
5-No Buy #3
7-unnecessary spending
8-No Buy #4
9-No Buy #5
10-No Buy #6
13-groceries
14-No Buy #7
15-No Buy #8
19-bought dinner, sigh
22-No Buy #10
28-mailed my passport application
29-No Buy #11, finally! I also went to the gym tonight so I feel pretty good
30-No Buy #12

12/17 Days, I had some issues in the middle, but at least I finished strong. I need to get off to a good start for October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter