September - Magic Bands?

They sent me my email and also via FEDEX overnight air letting me I've been selected to try magic bands! YAY so much mickey mail! :cool1:

We are not testing Magicbands either but was able to get fastpasses for BOG!

How will you show your fast passes when you don't have a Magicband?

I hope this doesn't hold up the line of those waiting to have lunch, with others having fastpasses...I'm not sure I like this idea of having to make resies now for a quick service lunch even. Too much planning...I don't want my trip planned down to the minute.

My reservation # did not have any letters. It is DVC and room only, not sure if that matters.

I finally got the link to customize my magic bands. I am able to change the name, however, I can't choose any color other than grey. Anyone else have this problem? It says I only have 9 more days to customize.

Here is our scenario. I really don't want to cheat the system but the kids want these stupid bands. We are set to check in to pofq on 8-30 for 8 nights. We have annual passes. Is it possible to make a "ghost" reservation for pop for the 30th for one night under my husband's name check in there first, then go over to French quarter check in which is under my name and continue to use the magic bands? Is there anything special that would need to be done? I wasn't sure what the latest results were for people who have done the "ghost" reservations. We would link the bands to our annual passes.

Here is our scenario. I really don't want to cheat the system but the kids want these stupid bands. We are set to check in to pofq on 8-30 for 8 nights. We have annual passes. Is it possible to make a "ghost" reservation for pop for the 30th for one night under my husband's name check in there first, then go over to French quarter check in which is under my name and continue to use the magic bands? Is there anything special that would need to be done? I wasn't sure what the latest results were for people who have done the "ghost" reservations. We would link the bands to our annual passes.

No idea if it's gonna work for the bands ... but I understand that you are willing to pay for the room in POP that night?

Maybe you can try to change your reservation for another resort instead? (Who does the test?) I think POR does the test...

No idea if it's gonna work for the bands ... but I understand that you are willing to pay for the room in POP that night?

Maybe you can try to change your reservation for another resort instead? (Who does the test?) I think POR does the test...

We don't want to stay at pop- we were just gonna eat the price of a discounted room for the night. We have tried to switch to animal kingdom lodge but no standard rooms open - we would be looking at paying an additional $1500 and just don't want to do that

I don't know that it would work either- it's my understanding that the FP+ would only work until midnight of the night you check out of the test resort, so you'd have MB's, but I think they'd only work for that day and the next day? I thought POR was a test resort though?

Port Orleans is for guests checking in after September 3- we check in on August 30- we are at French quarter but were going to swap to riverside until we found out it was September 3 and after

We are staying at AKL in Sept and ordered our magicbands online Monday and they were delivered today. I then went online to My Disney Experience and added all our reservations (dining, annual pass, resort, etc). I also checked in online and was told once I get a text message telling me my room number, I just go to my room and my magicband will open the door. No other check in necessary. I am a DVC member so I don't know if that matters.

We are not checking into Polynesian until 10/18 and I was just able to personalize bands so looks like they are rolling out a longer time span to customize them

We are not checking into Polynesian until 10/18 and I was just able to personalize bands so looks like they are rolling out a longer time span to customize them

Yep! :) I'm Oct 19th at Pop and just customized ours :cool1: Already picked out our FP+ last night and this morning.

Staying at BLT on 22-27 and no info on bands yet. anyone here have any info about that. Im trying to find out if included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter