September crowds

fallen_angel727

Here you leave today and enter the world of yester
Historically speaking...how busy is the last week of Sept/ first week of Oct? We're doing a foodie trip so the majority of rides won't be done this time around, however I was thinking of scrapping the FP+ thing altogether and just waiting in line if the crowds are lower. Due to the amount of dining we will be doing the majority of our days will be taken up with reservation (as we want it to be) - I'm figuring about 2 hours for each 1 credit meal. This will make it hard to make advanced FP+ reservations as obviously we don't know exactly HOW long meals will be

...do you all think just waiting it out in line at this time of year is wise (remember we only have 2-3 must-dos in each park anyway)

I'm doing the same with my dad (who's never been) and a couple of his friends, 9/30-10/3. Ours is Epcot only, but I just figured I'd get FP+ for Soarin' one day and TT another day. Maybe you do the same just for the headliners in each park that might have a substantial wait? (TSM, the Mountains, EE/Safari, etc.)

Crowds are lower, but not low. The weekends will be crowded, and the weekdays will see 3-5 type crowds. Not bad, but I would use FP+ if I could.

Ahh, September...our favorite time of the year! Honestly, in at least 5 trips during that time of the year, I can almost count on one hand the amount of fast passes we've used, lines are that reasonable. Soarin, TSMM are the two headliners that come to mind we've fast passed. We've got several pics of empty spots in the parks. We've bounced back and forth between BTMMR and Splash with under 20 min wait times at each ride.

We utilize easywdw's park recommendations. Last fall we were in Epcot during F&W festival, and it's always busy there. It was crowded, but we were able to walk up and get a table at Teppan Edo no problem.

We LOVE this time of year, alas...probably won't be there again at this time of year for the next 5 years as dd can't miss anymore big blocks of school. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter