• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September crowds

jschlicht3

Earning My Ears
We planned a trip to Disney for September 23-29 2007 long before they announced free dining. Has anyone been there during free dining and if so were the parks rediculously packed? We booked at this time of year because historically the crowds seem to be smaller. But now that free dining is being offered and it seems like every restaurant is completely booked we are afraid of the crowds. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!

The crowds in September are low...with and without free dining. This is the third year of free dining and I haven't noticed any difference in the crowds. The restaurants are a whole other matter. Before free dining, you could walk up to a TS and get in during September...you definately can't do that now. So basically, the restaurants are crowded...the parks are not. Plus since everyone is just eating, you'll have no wait in ride lines!

I have visited many times in Sep. and there have never been crowds of people. We did go during free dining in 2005(October) and while the restaurants were all booked up-the parks were not crowded at all. I still think it is a great time to go if you hate to wait in line. We are going this September too-9/19-9/28.

we were there september, 2006 and while like the previous poster said the restaurants are crowded (TS), you'll find that most all of the lines for rides and character greetings are very low, many with a walk-up or walk-on. The longest we waited for a ride was about 15 minutes. It's a great time of year to go. If you can, even if you aren't taking part in the free dining, make some ADRs this way if you want to eat someplace in particular, you'll have the opportunity to; if you don't have an ADR and want to eat someplace in particular, chances are without an ADR you won't be able to get in. Have a great trip and enjoy the low crowds!! :goodvibes

We were there last September during fee dining and there were no crowds. We were riding Splash Mtn and after we pulled back into the station the CM told us if we wanted to ride again to just stay seated. We rode that ride over and over again and we rode it serveral times everyday we were there. Yes the restaurants are crowded but as long as you have your ADR's, it was fine. September is definitely the time to go!

We got to do this too...and we got to ride Kali River Rapids over and over again too. We were drenched!

Another confirmation of low crowds. We did the Free Dining during the last week of Sept. last year and the crowds were light. We rode Expedition Everest 5 times in the first hour of the park being open, and then twice again in the afternoon. Same visit, we sat through 6 trips on Kali River Rapids, without standing up, just kept circling around and going again. Rock and Roller Coaster was 5 times in a row for me and another 2 for DW and DD. Only had to wait for them to open the doors. We wore a path in the pavement (I wish they'd let you stay on that one like Splash or Kali).

The crowds are very light in the park, but as everyone else mentioned, most of the restaurants are packed.

Coincidently, we will be there also from 9/22 - 9/30.

We were there the last week of September last year and never waited more than 15 minutes for a ride. 90% of them we just walked right on with no wait. It was great!

If you wait more than 10 mins, 15 tops, for a ride during that time, you are doing something wrong.

We planned a trip to Disney for September 23-29 2007 long before they announced free dining. Has anyone been there during free dining and if so were the parks rediculously packed? We booked at this time of year because historically the crowds seem to be smaller. But now that free dining is being offered and it seems like every restaurant is completely booked we are afraid of the crowds. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!

This is the 3rd year in a row I'll be going last week of Sept. I go at this time, BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST TIME TO GO!! :)
Free dining ends 9-22. So unless there are any stragglers, you will be OK. last year especially during EMH, the parks were not crowded what-so-ever. Even during the day it was just great!

This is the 3rd year in a row I'll be going last week of Sept. I go at this time, BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST TIME TO GO!! :)
Free dining ends 9-22. So unless there are any stragglers, you will be OK. last year especially during EMH, the parks were not crowded what-so-ever. Even during the day it was just great!

Even though Free dining officially ends on the 22nd, if you booked your first night's stay on the 22nd then the rest of your trip will also have free dining. We are going Sept. 22nd - 30th and we have free dining for the entire week. However, even my AAA travel agent did not think this was an option and if it were not for the Dis Boards I would not have known this. I went the end of August last year and it was not crowded at all. You and your family will have a great time! :wizard:

Even though Free dining officially ends on the 22nd, if you booked your first night's stay on the 22nd then the rest of your trip will also have free dining. We are going Sept. 22nd - 30th and we have free dining for the entire week. However, even my AAA travel agent did not think this was an option and if it were not for the Dis Boards I would not have known this. I went the end of August last year and it was not crowded at all. You and your family will have a great time! :wizard:

Right.. so you are a straggler, like I mentioned :)
Our friends will also be stragglers, we check in on 9-22.. we didn't get free dining because we got the 40% off deal instead.

Right.. so you are a straggler, like I mentioned :)
Our friends will also be stragglers, we check in on 9-22.. we didn't get free dining because we got the 40% off deal instead.

Sorry, I did not pick up on the stragglers part. Maybe we will see you there! :wizard:

Hi. Just lurking about your thread and wanted to know if anyone has had the opportunity to experience the crowds during Labor Day? I am bringing my son for his birthday (10) and he has NO IDEA! Total surprise trip. We fly out on Sept. 1st and fly home on Sept. 4th. Alot of the previous posts said the second or third weeks were quiet...but wondering about my week (end). I DID make ADR's for the restaraunts I knew I wanted for our trip and some of my choices were booked solid. Now I know why!

If you guys have any insight that would be awesome. Oh, and how ungodly hot is it then? I'm worried that it's going to be scary hot.:scared1:

Thanks Dis'rs. You guys totally rock!!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter