september crowds - bad?

babyatlas

Mouseketeer
so i'm thinking right now we won't be able to make our May trip happen - just everything seems to be working against me.

i've never gone to DL in september. we would be in the parks on a sun, mon and tuesday….probably the 2nd or 3rd week of the month. when i look at the crowd calendar it looks pretty good but a couple of people commented on this board that they went in september thinking the crowds would be lighter and they were horrible.

so…have you gone in september? i've only gone to DL in may and i thought it was pretty reasonable….is september comparable?

appreciate, as always, any insight.

We've gone the second week in September before. I didn't think it was that bad. With the exception of Haunted Mansion being closed for the holiday overlay and Space Mountain closed to transform into Ghost Galaxy , most rides were walk on most of the day. When Haunted Mansion reopened at the end of the week there was a long wait, I think we stood in line for an hour. We've only gone in August, September, October, and December and September was by far the least busy.

The last two weeks of September are awesome. During the week crowds are very minimal and the weather is hot! The great thing is that Halloween is already in full swing by then. It gets crowded on the weekends especially the first weekend of the officially start of Halloween time. Obviously labour day weekend is hectic, so is dapper days. Local school kids usually get the day off for Rosh Hashanah. Avoid these days and you are golden.

September will probably be ok. it depends when you go. The first
Sunday all of the Halloween stuff is up and SMGG and HHM are open will be crowded. Labor day weekend will be crowded. Other days will be ok. You are never going to have the parks to yourself. Pick a week that works for you and go. Get to the parks early and crowds wont matter so much.

You should be golden. I live here and go all the time and that's a great time in general- most kids back in school and weather is great, though possibly still in the hot side. You'll have a great time provided the ride closures are low. Have fun!

I've been to DL 4 times in September. It is my favorite time of the year to visit! Our last trip was just last September and it was the first week of the Halloween overlay so, yes, the crowds were a bit more than I remember from my earlier September visits. But last year the 13th fell on a Friday so they started things up earlier. You should do fine - and you may even get to experience a soft openeing of SMGG or HMH. Enjoy! I'll be there is spirit! :thumbsup2

I agree that as long as you go on the weekdays, you'll be fine (in terms of crowds). And as long as you go with the knowledge that Sunday will probably be busy you'll also be okay. As others have said, depending on which week you go, you may or may not see Halloween in full swing.

If you go 9/7-9-10, you'll likely miss Halloween. HM will be down for the overlay installations and Space is likely to shut on 9/8 to get it's overlay installed.

If you go on 9/14-9/16, you'll likely see Halloween in full swing. The best guess at this point is that HalloweenTime will start on 9/12 (or so). I would expect to see high crowds on the first weekend(s) of HalloweenTime, especially on Sunday when none of the APs are blocked. Monday and Tuesday should be fine (lowish crowds).

I've never been there in September, but my friends did last year. He said that the weather was nice and the crowd is not too bad. I guess since most people went back to school already, it should be a pretty good time to go.

I'm considering to go to WDW in September next year if everything goes well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter