• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September Check-in - September has Arrived!

SO EXCITED!! the 19th and 20th the Disneyland park is open from 9am-12am! :thumbsup2 since we arrive late on the 18th we won't be able to go to Disneyland our first day but we will be ready for two long days after!

SO EXCITED!! the 19th and 20th the Disneyland park is open from 9am-12am! :thumbsup2 since we arrive late on the 18th we won't be able to go to Disneyland our first day but we will be ready for two long days after!

Fridays and Saturdays always have long hours (as do Sundays) -- even in the off-peak seasons. Of course, on MHP Friday nights DL will close early to the non-party folks, but other Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year are open late.

They have posted the park hours for the 18 September, Disneyland is definitely closing at 5pm :( But opening is a 9am instead of 10am for both Disneyland and DCA that day :) Not ideal but a little extra time for those of us who are there are this time to make the best of it. 32 days until we fly out :cool1:

I noticed that. Why would they close so early? That seems weird. I'm glad that's not our last day. Our last day is the 19th, so I'm thrilled they are open until midnight. My poor dh is probably going to have to drag me out of there.

I'll be the Pooh-sized Mama, clinging to a lamppost on Main Street and crying while my dh tries to pull me by my feet.

Wave if you see me! :wave2:

I noticed that. Why would they close so early? That seems weird. I'm glad that's not our last day. Our last day is the 19th, so I'm thrilled they are open until midnight. My poor dh is probably going to have to drag me out of there.

I'll be the Pooh-sized Mama, clinging to a lamppost on Main Street and crying while my dh tries to pull me by my feet.

Wave if you see me! :wave2:
That will be me on the 28th

Sept 20-24th for our 23rd wedding anniversary! We've stayed at GCH and DLH but this'll be our first trip to the PP.

I noticed on the DL website calendar that the hours have been posted through September 25. On Wednesday 9/24, the hours are 10-9 (DL) and 10-8 (DCA), which are typical off-season hours. However, on Thursday 9/25, the hours are 8-10 (DL) and 8-6 (DCA). DCA has an early closure that day with no WOC so I was hoping they would extend DL's hours but wow...8 am openings! That's atypical of off-season weekdays. I'm wondering if they are expecting more crowds based on the first MHP on 9/26. Either way, it'll be hard to get my family there for Thurs. morning rope drop!

I noticed on the DL website calendar that the hours have been posted through September 25. On Wednesday 9/24, the hours are 10-9 (DL) and 10-8 (DCA), which are typical off-season hours. However, on Thursday 9/25, the hours are 8-10 (DL) and 8-6 (DCA). DCA has an early closure that day with no WOC so I was hoping they would extend DL's hours but wow...8 am openings! That's atypical of off-season weekdays. I'm wondering if they are expecting more crowds based on the first MHP on 9/26. Either way, it'll be hard to get my family there for Thurs. morning rope drop!

I'm excited for 8am starts but a little afraid... This must mean Disney anticipates higher crowds :/

noticed on the DL website calendar that the hours have been posted through September 25. On Wednesday 9/24, the hours are 10-9 (DL) and 10-8 (DCA), which are typical off-season hours. However, on Thursday 9/25, the hours are 8-10 (DL) and 8-6 (DCA). DCA has an early closure that day with no WOC so I was hoping they would extend DL's hours but wow...8 am openings!

Hi guys, I'm thinking that they are opening both parks at 8am to help make up for the reduced hours at DCA that day. They have done a similar thing on 9/18 when they are closing DL early. But I still think you guys are smart planning to be there at rope drop as it probably means the parks will get busy earlier. Also you might find DL gets heaps busier when DCA closes at 6pm. Hope you have a fantastic trip:)

Where are the hours posted on the site? I looked up the week of the 22nd and it didn't say any hours yet...am I looking in the wrong section?

deli8788 did you check out this schedule:

Right now it shows hours up to the 25th. Hopefully that will work :)

Thanks! I didn't know of this calendar. Whenever I looked up schedules/park hours it did a day by day and didn't say anything yet!!

is there anything that recorded wait time averages for last year in September. I'm going to be there 14-19 and am curious what wait times were like last year at this time. Especially week days right after Halloween overlay stuff starts. I'm such a crowd phobic. Spend way too much time worrying about it being busy and standing in lines all day.

I went last year in sept from the 13-19 and the waits were minimal. It's busy on Saturday and Sunday but the other days were very nice. I am going again this year from the 13-19th and hopefully it will be similar.

Kculvie i'm interested to hear your definition of minimal. How were crowds during different times of the day with the shorter hours? Thanks!

When I say minimal I base that on how long my 4 year old can wait in line before melt down time. He did very well no melt downs at all. Saturday and Sunday were busy but manageable. We tend to do a lot of non popular rides on those days. Also did the halloween carnival on Sunday it was a ghost town earlier in the day. We conjured all the villains in about an hour. Mon-Wed we walked on most rides. We waited about 25 for RSR. the halloween rides seemed to have the longest wait 20-30. The mornings were the least crowded. We left around lunch time to swim and take a break. We went back about 3 and it was getting busier but waits still weren't that long. One some of the days we rode rides over and over again since there was no wait.

We stay on site and that extra hour makes all he difference.

We stay on site and that extra hour makes all he difference.

Glad to hear this! We are going from 14-18th with Park hopper passes and are staying at the DLH.....Can't wait! We might try to hit DCA and do RSR on the first day we arrive and use the Extra Hour that day.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter