*September Car Rental Rates* 2011

Glad these codes are working for y'all, cause they're doing squat for me. When they announced the 20% code yesterday, I thought "yippee, finally!" Unfortunately, the per week rate is so much higher now that the overall cost is still much more than what I booked several weeks ago. I need an economy or compact for September 25-October 9. I have a reservation now for $325, but with the new codes it's coming out to $388! I got a compact for 10 days in May for $98, so these rates I'm getting now are really hurting the pocketbook.

Im pretty sure the new code is for rentals up to sept 26. Be patient as codes will come out for your time frame.

Im pretty sure the new code is for rentals up to sept 26. Be patient as codes will come out for your time frame.

Intially I wondered the same thing, but then I realized the codes are actually working. It really does take 20% off of the overall price and the $40 coupon comes off, too. I think since I'm picking up the car the day before the 26th that it's letting me use the codes. It's just that the base cost of 2 weeks is really high. I do hope within the next few weeks the base price begins to drop - and that these codes still work by then!

Glad these codes are working for y'all, cause they're doing squat for me. When they announced the 20% code yesterday, I thought "yippee, finally!" Unfortunately, the per week rate is so much higher now that the overall cost is still much more than what I booked several weeks ago. I need an economy or compact for September 25-October 9. I have a reservation now for $325, but with the new codes it's coming out to $388! I got a compact for 10 days in May for $98, so these rates I'm getting now are really hurting the pocketbook.

you dates are to far out yet.. I'm still waiting for Sept 15-24 if I put in the same days leaving a one/two weeks earlier the difference in price goes from $180 (which I booked 6 months ago) to between $112 & $120 total out the door

Hang in there it will happen.. also I notice, if I check in the late evening it is lower then in the a.m.. and you might snag a better car popcorn::

I agree with keliblue's post. The base rate for your dates hasn't dropped yet. Hang in there.

Thank you everyone for your help earlier! I'm going to keep trying every week and see how low it'll go.

Check your Alamo rentals!!!!
I don't know why, but mine just dropped AGAIN (another $45). ...... Using the 20% off code, 7014667 and the $40 coupon, AD4027JDO.
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I MUST be doing something wrong... I keep hearing how great the Alamo rates are, so I figured maybe we should book through Alamo in instead of Dollar rental... but I don't get it:confused3

I put in our dates (9/16-9/25) and with the above coupons it is coming to $276.... not a good deal in my book. We already have a Dollar ressie, and that is at $233. Still looking for a better price....:surfweb:

The very best rates are usually about 2 weeks prior to your trip.Yours should come down by the last week of August/first week of September. Also check the rates both early am and as late as possible in the evening sometimes they vary as much as $30.

National's rates dropped again!!! Always been loyal to them but I'd been checking for months and rates were ridiculously high. So I booked with Dollar for $274.00 (Sept. 6 - 17). So hard to give up the counter bypass with EA. Then I read on here that rates were down. So I checked and booked EA midsize for $203 with National code (5007160) and coupon (ND8434DJC) quoted on here... so happy. Checked again this am and down to $184. I think that's really good for 12 days. Everyone check the rates again!!! Wonder if I'll get it down to $150...I can dream!

I MUST be doing something wrong... I keep hearing how great the Alamo rates are, so I figured maybe we should book through Alamo in instead of Dollar rental... but I don't get it:confused3

I put in our dates (9/16-9/25) and with the above coupons it is coming to $276.... not a good deal in my book. We already have a Dollar ressie, and that is at $233. Still looking for a better price....:surfweb:

Your dates are almost exactly the same as ours so I put them in with the codes you mentioned in the other post 7014667 and coupon AD4027JDO ( same codes I am using) and got $205.01 mid and $215.37 full. I wasn't sure of your times so I used 10am pick up and 4pm return. If you still get higher rates be sure you are putting your times in on the hour and not the half hour.

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far. Your info is very helpful.

Maybe it's my dates - perhaps we're not close enough yet.

Anyone falling between the 17th and 29th, and getting these kick *** rates?

JUST FYI. I signed up for Almao insider about a month out from our trip (leaving on 9/7) I than went to insider deals and booked my car $300 for 10 days for a large car! About two weeks ago I went on line and check the rates again and they were down. I called and had them modify my reservation. No problems and they were nice about it! They gave me the new rates at $220 for the 10 days thought I had a steal and it wouldn't get any better! I checked yesterday and the rates were down to 170! I called today to modify and he gave me the new rate, which wasn't online!
(1) Time & Distance ($84.44/Week) $84.44
(3) Extra - Time & Distance ($18.76/Day) $56.28
Discount ($14.07)
Discount Coupon Accepted ($50.00)
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
(1) Additional Driver Included
Unlimited Miles Included
Subtotal $76.65
After Tax 132.73

So go online and once you make your reservations keep checking the rates and than call and have them do the updating for you!

Hope this helps! Very happy at 13 dollars a day for a large car!

Billy

JUST FYI. I signed up for Almao insider about a month out from our trip (leaving on 9/7) I than went to insider deals and booked my car $300 for 10 days for a large car! About two weeks ago I went on line and check the rates again and they were down. I called and had them modify my reservation. No problems and they were nice about it! They gave me the new rates at $220 for the 10 days thought I had a steal and it wouldn't get any better! I checked yesterday and the rates were down to 170! I called today to modify and he gave me the new rate, which wasn't online!
(1) Time & Distance ($84.44/Week) $84.44
(3) Extra - Time & Distance ($18.76/Day) $56.28
Discount ($14.07)
Discount Coupon Accepted ($50.00)
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
(1) Additional Driver Included
Unlimited Miles Included
Subtotal $76.65
After Tax 132.73

So go online and once you make your reservations keep checking the rates and than call and have them do the updating for you!

Hope this helps! Very happy at 13 dollars a day for a large car!

Billy

hi!
what coupon code do you have for $50 off? when does it expire? thanks!

Am I doing something wrong? I am putting in my Alamo insider # and last name, and the insider code for $40 off. I have put SUNPROMO in rate/product code box and then the other code for 20% off - both came up with same results of discount -$23.64 However I just tried leaving rate/product code empty and same discount came up. :confused3:confused3

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? (my dates are 9/10-23)

Also any ideas on what code Billy used to get $50 off?

Thanks

I'm picking up on 9/17 @ 10am and returning 9/23 @ 2pm for a standard and I got $171.

Maybe that 26th cut off, is return by date, too? :confused3

I'll keep at it. I think my daily rate (lemme look at it) - is $26.66/day. Ouch. For a midsize.

It's not going to keep my from renting, but I'd like to get it lower. There's a hundred dollar difference between this year and last, and last year I had the car an addtional day.

Maybe that 26th cut off, is return by date, too? :confused3

I'll keep at it. I think my daily rate (lemme look at it) - is $26.66/day. Ouch. For a midsize.

It's not going to keep my from renting, but I'd like to get it lower. There's a hundred dollar difference between this year and last, and last year I had the car an addtional day.

What are your dates? I am able to find $11-14 a day for compact -full size for Sept 17-24 using Hotwire and Enterprise. I also found $195 ($23.40 per day for 8 days) for a full size with Alamo using the insiders code and $40 off coupon.

It wasn't that hard...I picked up the phone and called the number below! I don't even think I called the insider number, I just included it! Regarding the code...I can't find the coupon code they used! I tried to find the code number but can't! I Pick up the phone and call... told them I wanted the cheaper rates that were on line and wanted to know if I had to cancel my old reso or could they just modify it for me! The man gave me a better rate than what I saw on the net!

Reservations:
1(877) 222-9075
Alamo Insiders:
1 (800) 906-5555

Like I said earlier I made reservations and than I just called to modify them! That simple!

I did find this on there site!

$40 Off Weekly Rates: Alamo Insiders exclusive offer. To qualify for this offer you must be an Alamo Insiders member. Membership number must be included in your reservation along with coupon code AD4027JDO. To access all Alamo Insiders exclusive deals log in at Alamo.com, then click on the Insider Deals banner.

Honestly just call....

Best of luck!

What are your dates? I am able to find $11-14 a day for compact -full size for Sept 17-24 using Hotwire and Enterprise. I also found $195 ($23.40 per day for 8 days) for a full size with Alamo using the insiders code and $40 off coupon.

9/17 -9/29.

Hmmm..... :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter