*September Car Rental Rates* 2011

I just modified my National reservation for pickup at the Dolphin. I used 5125601 and nf5817ZDT. Right now for 4 day rental I have $120.46 for a midsize. My dates are Sept 29 to Oct 3, 2011.
We use the pick up service all the time. You do have to have advance reservations for the shuttle, but we have never had a problem. Pickup and dropoff is easy. I'm picking up at Dolphin instead of car care center since we are staying at BCV.

Can I ask where contract id # 5125601 came from? Using this, it saves me an additional $30.00 off of my current rental. Just want to be sure I can use this ID without having a problem.

Thanks

I just modified my National reservation for pickup at the Dolphin. I used 5125601 and nf5817ZDT. Right now for 4 day rental I have $120.46 for a midsize. My dates are Sept 29 to Oct 3, 2011.
We use the pick up service all the time. You do have to have advance reservations for the shuttle, but we have never had a problem. Pickup and dropoff is easy. I'm picking up at Dolphin instead of car care center since we are staying at BCV.

Can I ask where contract id # 5125601 came from? Using this, it saves me an additional $30.00 off of my current rental. Just want to be sure I can use this ID without having a problem.

Thanks
5125601 is the code for American Express cardholders. I use my Co MC for charging and I still have no problem using the Amex code, but I do have an Amex card... I've used the code before and have not been asked to show my Amex card.

I probably got a little too impatient but I also may not get the best discounted rate since I will be renting for less than a week. I bid Priceline $12 per day for mid-size so the total for 6 days comes out to be $129.06 ($21.51 per day) for my 6-day period with Hertz.

The rate I had for a longer stay in June through Alamo Insiders and another discount directly worked out to be closer to $19 per day. It seems that September should have lower demand than June so I'd expect to get a better rate with a longer stay in September but I'm not sure with the shorter stay so I went with Priceline. Maybe if I waited I could get another $20 off or so but at least I'm paid and done with rental car now...:thumbsup2

The bad part is that I will have to go to the counter in the passenger terminal which may be crowded now that Hertz has awarded so many Priceline bids.:sad1:

Best rate I've gotten so far w/National at MCO is w/the Alaskan Airlines contract ID 5004076 & $35 off Coupon ND8434DJC. $237.50 for mid-size week of Labor Day.

I just used Priceline for rental cars, and got this price for a mid-size from Alamo. Alas, all my bonus cash offers were for hotels, not cars. I still think we made out like a bandit!

Your Offer Price: $8.00 (per day)
Total Rental Days: 8 days
Subtotal: $64.00
Taxes and Fees: $67.48
Total Charges: $131.48

I just used Priceline for rental cars, and got this price for a mid-size from Alamo. Alas, all my bonus cash offers were for hotels, not cars. I still think we made out like a bandit!

Your Offer Price: $8.00 (per day)
Total Rental Days: 8 days
Subtotal: $64.00
Taxes and Fees: $67.48
Total Charges: $131.48

WoW that is good. When in your transaction did you know that you had Alamo? Is this for MCO?

I didn't know it was Alamo until after I had entered my credit card number and placed my bid. When you do the "Name Your Own Price" option, you won't know until it accepts it.

Alamo Insiders were emailed a $50 coupon for ! Sep 10-16 Compact for $138!

Here is the fine print:

Get $50 off a weekly rental when you reserve by August 2. This offer is good for an Economy through Fullsize car — on rentals between August 15 and September 26, 2011 — with a minimum rental of six days. Available at participating locations in the US and Canada.
ID 7015135
Coupon AD4004JDK

Hope that helps someone!

Alamo Insiders were emailed a $50 coupon for ! Sep 10-16 Compact for $138!

Here is the fine print:

Get $50 off a weekly rental when you reserve by August 2. This offer is good for an Economy through Fullsize car — on rentals between August 15 and September 26, 2011 — with a minimum rental of six days. Available at participating locations in the US and Canada.
ID 7015135
Coupon AD4004JDK

Hope that helps someone!

I didn't receive an email either. I now have my car during Sept 17-23 for $206 it was $252. Thank you so much!

I didn't receive an email either. I now have my car during Sept 17-23 for $206 it was $252. Thank you so much!

I'm telling you, go try Priceline. They do NOT use the shady companies at MCO, only the nationally known companies, they tell you that it is going to be an in-terminal rental, the only drawback is its non-refundable. I've used them three times for Disney rentals, and I got Dollar once and Alamo twice. I'm renting from Sept. 17-25, and my total is $70 less.

Usually go with National Emerald Aisle. But rates this year are outrageous. $600 plus for 12 days. Booked with Dollar for a Full Size at $354 and just checked for any new rates and got it down to $274...so happy.

FYI, National seems to be coming back down. Using the Alaska Airlines FF code and a coupon that was from a newsletter (found on mousesavers.com) today I brought my reservation down by over $100 (was using the EC code and an Entertainment Book coupon ID). Last early December I got what I considered to be a good deal on a 17 day rental, and my rate for my 13 day, mid-September rental, is about $70 more than that December one.

Considering the different seasons, I feel it's pretty good.

But I'm going to keep on checking! Hoping it keeps going down!

I'm telling you, go try Priceline. They do NOT use the shady companies at MCO, only the nationally known companies, they tell you that it is going to be an in-terminal rental, the only drawback is its non-refundable. I've used them three times for Disney rentals, and I got Dollar once and Alamo twice. I'm renting from Sept. 17-25, and my total is $70 less.

I would never use priceline at MCO. I guarantee Alamo rates will be less than $100 a week by the time September rolls around. Just be patient. I have an Alamo 8-day rental at LAX for $112 and MCO rates are always cheaper. If you lock in now with priceline you'll be kicking yourself in a couple of weeks. I rented a week in May for $69 without priceline and September is an even lower demand period.

Check your Alamo rates! Mine fell from $198.88 to $145.28 today (including taxes). :cool1:

Just rebooked a compact Sept 3-12 (1 week, 2 days, 3 hours) for $145.28 including taxes and fees. Used the Insider contract ID and $40 off coupon code AD4027JDO.

Just checked both Alamo and National. Full size car. Used same code as WeLuvTink! at Alamo and got $232.78. Used for National Continental code 5007160 and coupon ND8434DJC ($35 off) from mousesavers and got $238.30, for Sept 8-18. This is the closest National has come to Alamo in a long time!

Check your Alamo rates! Mine fell from $198.88 to $145.28 today (including taxes). :cool1:

Just rebooked a compact Sept 3-12 (1 week, 2 days, 3 hours) for $145.28 including taxes and fees. Used the Insider contract ID and $40 off coupon code AD4027JDO.

Woot woot! I also rebooked with this offer and my Sep 10-16 Compact went from 139 to 97! Let's keep those rates falling!

Just checked both Alamo and National. Full size car. Used same code as WeLuvTink! at Alamo and got $232.78. Used for National Continental code 5007160 and coupon ND8434DJC ($35 off) from mousesavers and got $238.30, for Sept 8-18. This is the closest National has come to Alamo in a long time!

check you national rates again....

just did your dates and came out with 162.91 for emerald aisle ( for me full size is the same price due to our tier level )

but have not seen the base rate this good in a long time

it is 113~ and 16~ a day extra

it seems these rates are for when you book more than 7 days ( even going over by just two hours acquires this rate )

if you do the regular full 7 days the rate is 324

this is either a glitch in the system or they are rewarding people who book more than 7 days.....even 2 hours over

further experimenting shows this to be true for anything booked UP TO september 10 forward....for more than 7 days

once you hit september 11 it goes to 324 weekly base rate

my dates of september 12 have not shifted yet, but will be checking again in a weeks time

smilawgs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter