September 9th, 2017 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean

Stan Solo

I don't know what to put here. Tag faires help me.
Hello! It looks like no one else has started a thread for this cruise yet so I thought I just go ahead and start one.

This will be my wife's second Disney cruise and will be my third Disney cruise in three years. The other two were with a large group.

If anyone is interested I'd like to put together a fish extender group as well, yes I know it's way early but I'm just crazy excited that way.

Reactions: ffw
Stan, just booked our family's first Disney cruise today with Dreams. We are very much rookies, I am the only person who has ever even been on a cruise and that was 30 years ago. Look forward to going with some Disers. I am crazy excited for the trip as well!

Stan, just booked our family's first Disney cruise today with Dreams. We are very much rookies, I am the only person who has ever even been on a cruise and that was 30 years ago. Look forward to going with some Disers. I am crazy excited for the trip as well!

Welcome to our little group! I'm sure it will grow as we get closer.

My wife's parents have decided to also go on this cruise, they went on our first Disney cruise to Alaska. It's surprising that they want to as they said they had no interest on going on a warm climate cruise but they enjoyed the Alaska cruise so much that they just couldn't resist.

We just signed up! Have been on multiple cruises before but this is our first Disney Cruise! This will be our daughters first cruise though. She will be turning 2 a couple weeks before we leave.
Any helpful tricks or hints for this cruise?

We just signed up! Have been on multiple cruises before but this is our first Disney Cruise! This will be our daughters first cruise though. She will be turning 2 a couple weeks before we leave.
Any helpful tricks or hints for this cruise?

Welcome to our little (so far) group and the Disboards (a much larger group). A good tip is to try to book your boarding time as early as you can. The first boarding goes to platinum members then gold. It's good to get on early just keep in mind that if you book early your room will not be ready so you will have to keep your carry on luggage with you.

What's great about the first day before we set sale is that you can really explore the ship. If you are interested in getting a message or visiting the spa during the cruise you can get a complete tour of this area and they will have specials to tell you about, and a draw for people that took the tour. If you want to see the kids area this is the only time that adult guest can visit the kids area.

If you are interested in getting pictures with hard to get characters this is the time to book them. Speaking of booking this is also a good time to book any wine or beer tasting classes you may want to try out as they sell out rather quickly.

If you are planning to buy some Wi-Fi the first day before we set sale is the best time to do it as it is much cheaper just make sure that ANY apps you have running in the background are turned off and are not sending you any push notifications. I went through my Wi-Fi time that I was planning on having the entire trip in just a few hours. Also be sure to download the Disney Cruise Line app before you go for your smart phone in fact do it today. Once on board you reload it and it is a wealth of information plus I find that the chat function on the app is much easier to use than the wave phones. They have an IT desk to help you with anything like this but it's only open at certain times, I just ask at the front desk when they are open and where they are located.

More importantly get something to eat! You can go to any restaurant that is open and have some lunch.

On your key card it will have a large letter on it this is your muster station letter. Before we set sail everyone on board must meet at their muster station area and go over the evacuation plans should the ship need to be evacuated. It's a good idea to look for this area once on board just about any cast member should be able to tell you where it is if you ask them. Don't worry they don't separate familys that are booked together.

That's my tips and we haven't even left the dock yet. If you have any other questions feel free to ask I may have an answer and will try to help. Be sure to check out the rest of the DIS Boards and it is a wealth of information.

Thank you for all the helpful information! I have been reading about all the things you need to book but can only book once you are on the ship. We are planning to go straight into line once we board, are these things hard to get tickets for? All these forums are making me nervous about missing out on something.

We will be traveling with 5 adults and then our daughter who will be 2.. she's obviously young right now so I'm not sure how phased she will be by meet and greets, especially since we go to Disney World on a weekly basis currently, however she will be limited to a lot since she is under 3 so I want to take advantage of all the extras the cruise offers. What all do you need tickets for? Are they all picked up in the same spot?

To tell the truth I've only traveled with my travel agent so she did all the leg work on the ship for us (this will be our first trip without her on board). But, I would think the front desk is where you book everything.

If you are worried about meet and greets they have many going on almost all day long and the lines are quite short for the regular ones. The ones I remember having to book were Anna and Elsa on the Alaka cruise and for the Star Wars cruise they left a card in your room that you would fill out. We were a large group that went on the SW cruise and one night we had a pajama party at one of the bars. We decided to go in our pjs to get a photo with Belle.

3ba7144248d59fe7ae30cc579f516024.jpg

Ok that helps. Thank you. Hopefully it will all go smoothly. :)

I have been reading about the Fish Extender Gifts. I would love to participate. While I am sure we won't be able to meet up on the cruise as its our first one with Disney and I will be balancing family members (my parents and in laws on their first trip with the first grand daughter!).. I would love to have little gifts for my daughter to come back to. It is a while away so I will just keep watching this board to see if a plan comes of it.

Thank you again.
-Jillian

I'm not a huge fan of meets either but they can be fun. A good place to have a group meet is by the soft searve ice cream machine. I am a huge fan of the fish extenders though and would definitely like to do one. Often Facebook is a good place to organize something like that. We are also traveling with my in laws and they also like to to the fish extenders. This will be there second cruise as they came with us on the Alaska cruise last year.

Thank you for all the helpful information! I have been reading about all the things you need to book but can only book once you are on the ship. We are planning to go straight into line once we board, are these things hard to get tickets for? All these forums are making me nervous about missing out on something.

We will be traveling with 5 adults and then our daughter who will be 2.. she's obviously young right now so I'm not sure how phased she will be by meet and greets, especially since we go to Disney World on a weekly basis currently, however she will be limited to a lot since she is under 3 so I want to take advantage of all the extras the cruise offers. What all do you need tickets for? Are they all picked up in the same spot?

Tickets to the Princess Gathering, Frozen Meets, and Character breakfast are normally booked at the Port Adventures desk on Deck 5. There is talk that by the time our cruise comes, you will be able to book those online before sailing. I would recommend the Character Breakfast for your 2 year old. The princesses will be out at different times on the cruise one at a time and if you catch them at an odd time when most people are doing other things there's less of a line and you get to spend more time with each of them.

Hi all! I just booked this cruise last week. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise on the Fantasy. The other 2 have been Western Caribbean sailings. It will be me, DH, and our son who will turn 6 on Sept. 10th. We cruised in October of 2014 and 2015.

Hi all! I just booked this cruise last week. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise on the Fantasy. The other 2 have been Western Caribbean sailings. It will be me, DH, and our son who will turn 6 on Sept. 10th. We cruised in October of 2014 and 2015.

Welcome to our small but growing group. Our trip is a long way off but it's fun to look ahead at the fun things the ship and ports will have for us.

Joining in....we are so excited! This will be our 5th cruise, 3rd on the Fantasy. Our 2 kids will be 4 and 18 months. Anyone been to Tortola before? Looked at the excursions but nothing really struck my fancy.

Joining in....we are so excited! This will be our 5th cruise, 3rd on the Fantasy. Our 2 kids will be 4 and 18 months. Anyone been to Tortola before? Looked at the excursions but nothing really struck my fancy.

Welcome aboard to our group! I've never been to Tortola either and am wondering the same thing.

Hello to all, I just booked this cruise for my family. There will be 8 of us total. We will be on deck 6. This will be my 5 Disney cruise and I can't wait. Looking forward to all the chats going on for all tips and things to do. We have never been to any of these ports. Can't wait for Castaway Cay.

Tickets to the Princess Gathering, Frozen Meets, and Character breakfast are normally booked at the Port Adventures desk on Deck 5. There is talk that by the time our cruise comes, you will be able to book those online before sailing.

Is this true?? Wow! That is exciting news. I had not heard about that. Very cool. Where did you find that info?

Oh...HI EVERYONE BTW! I just sorta jumped right in! Nice to meet you all. We just booked for this sailing this week. I cannot tell you how excited I am! I am a total Disney freak and I research all things Disney and DCL. I worked for WDW and Disneyland Resort Paris for years. Looking forward to getting to know you all and to meet up on board.

Often Facebook is a good place to organize something like that.

Just as an FYI, there is already a cruise group on Facebook for our sailing that has an FE Group started, as well as an ornament exchange and a list if people want to participate in stateroom trick or treating. I think it ok to mention that, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter