September 8, 2014 - Disney Wonder

We hope to be on this cruise; we are booked although it is very difficult to know what life will throw at us a year from now. This will be our first cruise and our 5th trip to Disneyland as a family (hubby and I both went there 2 or 3 times as kids). We are very excited as it will be a trip of many firsts for us...first time the kids will fly, first time the kids will go on a train (from San Diego to Anaheim), the first time on a cruise for all of us. :banana: A friend told us about the fish extender and want to take part in it, too. I'm not completely sure how to get in on this, so any advice would be welcomed :confused3
Andrea
Prince George, BC

We hope to be on this cruise; we are booked although it is very difficult to know what life will throw at us a year from now. This will be our first cruise and our 5th trip to Disneyland as a family (hubby and I both went there 2 or 3 times as kids). We are very excited as it will be a trip of many firsts for us...first time the kids will fly, first time the kids will go on a train (from San Diego to Anaheim), the first time on a cruise for all of us. :banana: A friend told us about the fish extender and want to take part in it, too. I'm not completely sure how to get in on this, so any advice would be welcomed :confused3
Andrea
Prince George, BC

Welcome...I have an aunt and uncle that live in Prince George.

I am going to be organizing a fish extender group, but won't get it going until the new year. It is a lot of fun and the one I was involved in didn't cost me a lot of money. I made all the gifts I brought, and I did 1 gift per family instead of 1 gift per person. I found a good website on how to make a fish extender for cheap.

Cruising is the best...you will get hooked ;)

Check out the facebook group too if you want. browse this thread for the link or email at stefanihd at gmail dot com

Stefani

Andrea
Prince George, BC

Welcome! You're going to love cruising, it's the best, especially with DCL. You're setting the bar high. :). I participated in a FE this past May. It was so much fun. I'm looking forward to doing it again. I hope this trip happens for you all. It'll be a wonderful vacation of firsts!

Hi all,

This will be our 3rd DC, Our 1st was last February 4 night Bahamas just me and the DW, our second is December again a 4 night Bahamas this time with our 4 kids.

This time we are back to just me and the DW, we are flying from the UK to Vancouver, sailing to San Diego then hiring a car and driving back up to San Francisco stopping at Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, Monterey, Santa Cruz.

We've never been West Coast US before and will be visiting DL and Universal, Alcatraz, Rodeo Drive, Golden Gate bridge etc.

Any other suggestions ?

A & W :wave2:

Hi all,

This will be our 3rd DC, Our 1st was last February 4 night Bahamas just me and the DW, our second is December again a 4 night Bahamas this time with our 4 kids.

This time we are back to just me and the DW, we are flying from the UK to Vancouver, sailing to San Diego then hiring a car and driving back up to San Francisco stopping at Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, Monterey, Santa Cruz.

We've never been West Coast US before and will be visiting DL and Universal, Alcatraz, Rodeo Drive, Golden Gate bridge etc.

Any other suggestions ?

A & W :wave2:

Welcome to the group! I think you'll love the beauty of the Pacific Coast! I'm certainly no expert on what to visit and there's so much to see in California. Muir Woods, Sausalito, Hearst Castle, Winchester Mystery House are all good and that's just the start.

Barb

Hello All,
My name is Crystal and my family and I will be joining you on next years California Coastal Cruise on the Wonder. We just got back from this same cruise (well, almost the same) a week ago and are already planning and looking forward to next year.

I am so glad to see that a thread was already created for this sailing. I don't know what I would do without my (almost) daily Disney fix.

I have not yet read through previous posts, but was wondering if anyone has organized a FB group yet? Or by some odd chance has anyone started to gather names for a FE? If the answer to either is yes, I would love to be a part of one or both when the time comes. If the answer is no, I would be willing to help with a FE if necessary. I just organized a 3 list group for the last cruise and would gladly take part again.

I look forward to sailing with you all in the near future.

~Crystal

Hello All,
My name is Crystal and my family and I will be joining you on next years California Coastal Cruise on the Wonder. We just got back from this same cruise (well, almost the same) a week ago and are already planning and looking forward to next year.

I am so glad to see that a thread was already created for this sailing. I don't know what I would do without my (almost) daily Disney fix.

I have not yet read through previous posts, but was wondering if anyone has organized a FB group yet? Or by some odd chance has anyone started to gather names for a FE? If the answer to either is yes, I would love to be a part of one or both when the time comes. If the answer is no, I would be willing to help with a FE if necessary. I just organized a 3 list group for the last cruise and would gladly take part again.

I look forward to sailing with you all in the near future.

~Crystal

Hi Crystal!

Sure wish I'd been on this year's cruise, as well! I really enjoy the Pacific Coastals!
Yes, there's a FB group. The link is in post #43.

Barb

Welcome all you new people to the group...sure glad to see people plan early just like me. I noticed that the category we booked is gone and the pricing for inside cabins have gone up $100/person since we first booked. Less than a year to go. I have my DVC points banked for next year so I can do a few nights in a 2 bedroom villa at the Grand Californian...should be a great trip. If anyone isn't on the facebook group, let me know and I will let you know how to get onto it. I will be doing up a FE group list in the new year (more than 1 if we need it) and will also organize a pre cruise dinner for those of you staying in Vancouver. Once I get to the organizing stage, and if someone wants to help with the FE groups, I can also use the help because I know if there is more than 1 group, I will only be in the one, as I don't want to have to make that many gifts.

See ya all on Facebook...nice place to chat about our Disney life :)

Stefani

Hello all. Looks like the wife and I will be going on this cruise, so long as work doesn't balk at the time off request next year. (It's gonna be a big one)

Did the Van-LA repo cruise (1st cruise ever!) with family back in 2011 and loved it. Wasn't sure if it's because of all the family with us (10 in our party total) or if it was just the cruise, so we decided to try it again ourselves.

Looks like inside cabin prices have gone up a little as was mentioned, and our category is also full from what I can see. Does anyone think they will come down again before the cruise? I'll be price watching from time to time in case I can convince some family to join as well.

Now to try and contain the excitement. Long wait to go...:sad1:

FrozenFire

Hello all. Looks like the wife and I will be going on this cruise, so long as work doesn't balk at the time off request next year. (It's gonna be a big one)

Did the Van-LA repo cruise (1st cruise ever!) with family back in 2011 and loved it. Wasn't sure if it's because of all the family with us (10 in our party total) or if it was just the cruise, so we decided to try it again ourselves.

Looks like inside cabin prices have gone up a little as was mentioned, and our category is also full from what I can see. Does anyone think they will come down again before the cruise? I'll be price watching from time to time in case I can convince some family to join as well.

Now to try and contain the excitement. Long wait to go...:sad1:

FrozenFire

Prices will probably not come down...I have never seen the Pacific Coastal cruises go down in price, only up. We did the Pacific Coastal in May 2011 from Vancouver to LA with an overnight stop in San Francisco...great cruise. Can't wait to do this one. This will be my second Coastal and my 4th Disney cruise.

Welcome to the group...join us on facebook if you want. I set up a facebook group.

Stefani

Prices will probably not come down...I have never seen the Pacific Coastal cruises go down in price, only up. We did the Pacific Coastal in May 2011 from Vancouver to LA with an overnight stop in San Francisco...great cruise. Can't wait to do this one. This will be my second Coastal and my 4th Disney cruise.

Welcome to the group...join us on facebook if you want. I set up a facebook group.

Stefani

Thanks. Will be our second coastal as well and 2nd Disney cruise, but we are continuing on the PC cruise followed by Bahamas on the Wonder. B2B2B!!
Figured, if we're that close to gold may as well stay for one more so will so Caribbean on the Fantasy as well.

I don't know much about Facebook as I've managed to avoid it so far for the most part, haha.

Good to see others from BC on the cruise too.

Thanks. Will be our second coastal as well and 2nd Disney cruise, but we are continuing on the PC cruise followed by Bahamas on the Wonder. B2B2B!!
Figured, if we're that close to gold may as well stay for one more so will so Caribbean on the Fantasy as well.

I don't know much about Facebook as I've managed to avoid it so far for the most part, haha.

Good to see others from BC on the cruise too.

Even my parents have gotten into Facebook...don't fight it too much LOL.

I will be organizing a Fish Extender group, and will post details on here too.

We are from Surrey.

Way to go on the B2B2B2B2B2B LOL. we are doing an Alaskan cruise in May with Celebrity. Little cheaper than Disney ;)

Hello! My fam and I are going to be on this cruise! Our first Disney cruise! If there is a FE would love to be a part of it!

Hello! My fam and I are going to be on this cruise! Our first Disney cruise! If there is a FE would love to be a part of it!

I will be starting a FE list in the new year, but feel free to join our facebook group if you want. You can email me for the link stefanihd at gmail dot com or browse the forum and find it on one of the other posts.

Stefani

:cheer2::cheer2:
I will be starting a FE list in the new year, but feel free to join our facebook group if you want. You can email me for the link stefanihd at gmail dot com or browse the forum and find it on one of the other posts.

Stefani

Thank you! I emailed you

I created a group, so if people want to join it, let me know. If you are not interested in adding me as a friend, I still might be able to add you to the group. I know I don't like having too large of a friends list on facebook, so totally get it you just want to be part of the group and not part of the larger aspect of the social network.

search for Disney Wonder September 8, 2014 and you will see a closed group. Just request an add to the group and I will do that

Stefani
Hi! We are wanting to join in the fun too!! I put in a request on your FB page also, hope you can add us! Aloha, Karen and Ron:goodvibes

I am going on this trip as well, after the 7 night Alaskan cruise, cruised Alaska this year with my daughter and boyfriend, but this time I am doing it alone, so much more I need to see, and staying with the Wonder for a cruise down the coast is ideal,, stay in San Diego for a day or so, then who knows where I will end up, flying from Australia means making the most of the time away

I am going on this trip as well, after the 7 night Alaskan cruise, cruised Alaska this year with my daughter and boyfriend, but this time I am doing it alone, so much more I need to see, and staying with the Wonder for a cruise down the coast is ideal,, stay in San Diego for a day or so, then who knows where I will end up, flying from Australia means making the most of the time away

Welcome to the group...join us on the facebook group page if you want.

Stefani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter