September 8, 2014 - Disney Wonder

we are also doing the 2 cruises back to back... and hoping to spend two days at DisneyLand afterwards :cool1: after all, don't want to waste all that time in an airplane, do I? :confused3 (we live in the middle of TN)

:wave2:

Hello:wave2: I am originally from Knoxville. It's good to have fellow Tennesseans onboard!

:offtopic:

we've been in TN for over 15 years now... and live pretty much smack middle of the state... I'm 2.5 hours from EVERY where, but I have great wildlife in my yard! :wave2:

am looking forward to these cruises -- got hooked on DCL on our 30th anniversary when we went to Alaska in May 2012

Allison

:offtopic:

we've been in TN for over 15 years now... and live pretty much smack middle of the state... I'm 2.5 hours from EVERY where, but I have great wildlife in my yard! :wave2:

am looking forward to these cruises -- got hooked on DCL on our 30th anniversary when we went to Alaska in May 2012

Allison

We are all friends here...no problem with being off topic ;)

This will be my 4th Disney cruise, but probably our 20th cruise all around...we love them all, but our fav is Disney.

Stefani

My husband and I will be on this cruise. It lands in our home port, so the convenience of only needing to fly to Vancouver and get a ride all the home on the Wonder couldn't be passed up.

I am looking forward to the day at Victoria. We were there for such a short period on our Alaska cruise last year and it was gorgeous. I've been wanting to go back ever since.

My husband and I will be on this cruise. It lands in our home port, so the convenience of only needing to fly to Vancouver and get a ride all the home on the Wonder couldn't be passed up.

I am looking forward to the day at Victoria. We were there for such a short period on our Alaska cruise last year and it was gorgeous. I've been wanting to go back ever since.

Welcome...we are in the same boat (LOL)...but the opposite way...we are from Vancouver and so we only have to fly from San Diego. We will be staying on board in Victoria...we have been there plenty ;)

Stefani

WooHoo! We have locals from both the Vancouver and the San Deigo areas! It's too early to start booking hotels/cars/etc - but I hope y'all won't mind that when the time comes, I'll probably have a million questions! :rotfl:

I'm excited about Victoria, too - when we cruised last year, it wasn't part of the AK cruise (we were on the first cruise last May- the Vancouver to Seattle one). I think, though, we've pretty much settled on the Buchart Gardens/tea excursion. (Is it sad that I have my excursion picked out 500+ days before sail away?)

WooHoo! We have locals from both the Vancouver and the San Deigo areas! It's too early to start booking hotels/cars/etc - but I hope y'all won't mind that when the time comes, I'll probably have a million questions! :rotfl:

I'm excited about Victoria, too - when we cruised last year, it wasn't part of the AK cruise (we were on the first cruise last May- the Vancouver to Seattle one). I think, though, we've pretty much settled on the Buchart Gardens/tea excursion. (Is it sad that I have my excursion picked out 500+ days before sail away?)

I am sure we will all be happy to help in any way. If you like flowers, than Buchart Gardens is the way to go.

Vancouver is beautiful and if people have the time, you should stay for a night or two...and if people do that, we can meet up somewhere downtown for dinner...there is a Spagetti Factory in a section of Vancouver called Gas Town...great place to get souvineers.

We have done a lot in San Diego, so I think this time we will finally check out the zoo. We have done just about everything else you can do in San Diego though...we love it there. We keep trying to move to Southern California, but no luck yet.

in May 2012, we did the Disney Alaska cruise -- left Vancouver on Monday, Victoria Day.... we flew into Victoria the Friday before, stayed in an incredible B&B, spent the weekend walking all over town (we didn't get a car) and then took a bus to the cruise terminal -- it took us on the largest ferry I had ever seen (grew up with little ones in NJ that held 25 cars) .... I LOVED Victoria... wish we had the vacation time and money to do that again, but with the 2 cruises and hoping to spend 2 days at DisneyLand, it won't be the 2014 trip!!

in May 2012, we did the Disney Alaska cruise -- left Vancouver on Monday, Victoria Day.... we flew into Victoria the Friday before, stayed in an incredible B&B, spent the weekend walking all over town (we didn't get a car) and then took a bus to the cruise terminal -- it took us on the largest ferry I had ever seen (grew up with little ones in NJ that held 25 cars) .... I LOVED Victoria... wish we had the vacation time and money to do that again, but with the 2 cruises and hoping to spend 2 days at DisneyLand, it won't be the 2014 trip!!

Are you taking about BC Ferries? If so, they cost more than a cruise LOL. We do an annual trip to the island and the price is $175 roundtrip for 2 people and our car...highway robbery if you ask me and we go as little as possible. We do love the island though and wish it was cheaper to visit there. Victoria is nice though. I got a travel agent rate at the Empress one time and we had a nice time there for the weekend.

I prefer Disney stuff though LOL

Stefani

How fun that we've cruised together in the past! :cool1: We flew into SEA on Saturday, then took the train up on Sunday into Vancouver. Because of the weather, and the time change catching up with us, we didn't do much Sunday. We're hoping to do better this time!

How fun that we've cruised together in the past! :cool1: We flew into SEA on Saturday, then took the train up on Sunday into Vancouver. Because of the weather, and the time change catching up with us, we didn't do much Sunday. We're hoping to do better this time!

:thumbsup2 bet we'll recognize each other when we see faces on the ship!!

Are you taking about BC Ferries? If so, they cost more than a cruise LOL. We do an annual trip to the island and the price is $175 roundtrip for 2 people and our car...highway robbery if you ask me and we go as little as possible. We do love the island though and wish it was cheaper to visit there. Victoria is nice though. I got a travel agent rate at the Empress one time and we had a nice time there for the weekend.

I prefer Disney stuff though LOL

Stefani

no idea the ferry cost that much -- it was included in our bus fare! :scratchin
we loved the pubs and walking around ALL of Victoria, had to if we wanted to eat -- it was wonderfully relaxing in Victoria -- even if my feet did hurt -- I am a couch potato by choice!! ;) we got to see and hear all of the bands performing -- about floored us with laughter when we heard a marching band playing Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" on the steps and parade grounds of the government building!! and the group waiting to be seated before us at Spagetti Warehouse (?) was a party of 92.... :scared1:

no idea the ferry cost that much -- it was included in our bus fare! :scratchin
we loved the pubs and walking around ALL of Victoria, had to if we wanted to eat -- it was wonderfully relaxing in Victoria -- even if my feet did hurt -- I am a couch potato by choice!! ;) we got to see and hear all of the bands performing -- about floored us with laughter when we heard a marching band playing Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" on the steps and parade grounds of the government building!! and the group waiting to be seated before us at Spagetti Warehouse (?) was a party of 92.... :scared1:

If you don't have a car, then it is cheap (er).

Ya Victoria is very nice. So much to see and do. We did the observatory and that was really cool (bit of a drive up in the hills). We saw the Titanic exhibit one year at the Museum. If you drive North and go to the west side of the island there are some great surfing areas...we go to Tofino every year for a family gathering.

(Is it sad that I have my excursion picked out 500+ days before sail away?)

Works for me! One of the guys at work left on vacation today. All he knows is he has a plane ticket to Brazil. No other plans, reservations, etc have been made. I'm on the other extreme...I know where I'm vacationing 18 months from now!

Hi everyone, I'm Tammy and live in Maryland. This will be cruise #5 by the time it gets here (Upcoming EB Panama canal will be 4). Then from San Diego I fly to FL where I'll have a week at WDW before boarding a previously booked Fantasy cruise before returning home. Kinda making a big oval over North America. :)

Wow...we have a good group of people already signed up...I will post our names and if you want to add your real name, feel free to. I am hoping to do a FE list at some point (if people are interested).

Smootenloopers - Tammy

Stefndoug - Stefani & Doug (traveling with my parents Vic & Chris)

Stinkerbe11

mrp4352 - Michelle & mom

Mehatron

HeyyCali

C&Apriputin - Allison

Presley

Are you guys interested in doing a facebook group?

Stefani

Stefndoug said:
Wow...we have a good group of people already signed up...I will post our names and if you want to add your real name, feel free to. I am hoping to do a FE list at some point (if people are interested).

Smootenloopers - Tammy

Stefndoug - Stefani & Doug (traveling with my parents Vic & Chris)

Stinkerbe11

mrp4352 - Michelle & mom

Mehatron

HeyyCali

C&Apriputin - Allison

Presley

Are you guys interested in doing a facebook group?

Stefani

I'm fine with FB... Play there under Minerva Pfeffer... And am looking forward to door decorating and FE of some sort...

I'm fine with FB... Play there under Minerva Pfeffer... And am looking forward to door decorating and FE of some sort...

I created a group, so if people want to join it, let me know. If you are not interested in adding me as a friend, I still might be able to add you to the group. I know I don't like having too large of a friends list on facebook, so totally get it you just want to be part of the group and not part of the larger aspect of the social network.

search for Disney Wonder September 8, 2014 and you will see a closed group. Just request an add to the group and I will do that

Stefani

Sorry guys, but I am jumping ship. Looks like the repo in May will work out better for us. Hope you all have a wonderful cruise! Seems like a fun group. :)

Sorry guys, but I am jumping ship. Looks like the repo in May will work out better for us. Hope you all have a wonderful cruise! Seems like a fun group. :)

Sorry to see you go, but totally understandable.

Stefani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter