September 8, 2013 Disney Dream

alexys328..my very first (& regretfully only) cruise to date was our honeymoon the end of August 2004...aka...the year of the hurricanes in FL. We arrived in Nassau just a few hours before Hurricane Francis. We were scheduled to stay there for 2 days, so our trip was cut a day short, but it really wasn't bad. You could feel the ship moving a bit more that night, but we got to Cape Canaveral just in time. RCL said we could leave then with $200 credit or go back out for another day to "ride it out" & get our full 4 days at sea. We decided to get off the ship & see some family, but I would have stayed..lol. I can understand the worry, but I am certain that Disney would not do anything to put us in harms way.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Anyone else just totally overwhelmed by the idea of what we have to get done in the next two weeks? I usually have all my clothes together & planned out and a packing list started by now, but I have done NOTHING! To add to my discombobulation (is that a word?) I have to help my parents, inlaws, and brother get prepared for their first cruise & WDW stay afterward, the logistics have been absolutely mind-boggling coordinating for eight people in four households.

Any other moms want a 'do-over' vacation after we get back?

We just booked at the last second due to some nice Cast Member rates! There will be 6 of us in 3 rooms (GTY right now) and this is our sixth cruise! 3rd time on the Dream.

I know that we are too late for any FE, etc but if in the off chance anything opens up let us know and we will still join in!

It is myself, DW, DS (7 & 10), Father in law and a good friend! My wife and father in law are in mourning after having lost their mother/wife last month to cancer so this cruise could not come at a better time.

C U on board, Spoonces :cheer2:

We just booked at the last second due to some nice Cast Member rates! There will be 6 of us in 3 rooms (GTY right now) and this is our sixth cruise! 3rd time on the Dream.

I know that we are too late for any FE, etc but if in the off chance anything opens up let us know and we will still join in!

It is myself, DW, DS (7 & 10), Father in law and a good friend! My wife and father in law are in mourning after having lost their mother/wife last month to cancer so this cruise could not come at a better time.

C U on board, Spoonces :cheer2:

Welcome Aboard! My condolences to your DW and FIL, I lost my DH in 2007 and my Dad in 2009, so I truly understand what they are going through. The FB group is very, very active so you might want to come on over and meet a great group of cruisers. Just put up a sign up for a cabin crawl, so far not too many takers, but we'll see how it goes. Welcome again, glad you are joining us. :wave2:

I'm finally posting on here! DH and I will be on this cruise :). It's our second with DCL and our third overall. We're so excited and hoping the Atlantic stays calm just long enough for our sailing! We originally booked a Cat V but just upgraded to a T today!

We've never been to Castaway Cay, but ever since we stopped at CocoCay with Celebrity, I've been dying to get back to the Bahamas!

So, 15 days and 16 hours until sail away!!! (But who's counting ;))

Hi Rosie. It looks like you got my bump out verandah T. Great value. Welcome. You are welcome to check out the Walt suite. See ya in the lounge :-)

alexys328..my very first (& regretfully only) cruise to date was our honeymoon the end of August 2004...aka...the year of the hurricanes in FL. We arrived in Nassau just a few hours before Hurricane Francis. We were scheduled to stay there for 2 days, so our trip was cut a day short, but it really wasn't bad. You could feel the ship moving a bit more that night, but we got to Cape Canaveral just in time. RCL said we could leave then with $200 credit or go back out for another day to "ride it out" & get our full 4 days at sea. We decided to get off the ship & see some family, but I would have stayed..lol. I can understand the worry, but I am certain that Disney would not do anything to put us in harms way.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

oh no! that sounds horrible. well hopefully this will be a storm free trip. we are flying into fla from delaware the day before our cruise. so i have the daunting task of getting ready for our flight and the cruise. I hate flying.. but at least its only a two hours flight. whew---

can we bring alcohol on the ship? most cruise lines say you cant, but i heard that disney does let you. if this is true.. how does it need to be packed and how much can you bring? anyone know??

I've watching those concierge 1br suites carefully for the last week. Kind of 'gentling' my husband into the idea of an upgrade. :) Haven't gotten him to bite yet.

P.s. anyone platinum or high rolling (hint hint) want to grab that Cabana 16 for me? I'm traveling with my parents & in laws...my dad has lung cancer and is now on oxygen 24/7 and to have a shaded place he could sit and keep his concentrator plugged in all day and be near my daughter would be fantastic. I have checked for cancellations every day. No avail.

Hey folks! Sorry I've been MIA.

Welcome to bluecasbah, imonaboat, Spoonces, and RosiePA! You've been added to the roll call.

13 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!

:thanks::thanks::thanks:Quick question for the pro's out there. I would like to purchase items at the marketplace in Nassau, and hear about a duty free tax. I research to find that we can bring back $800.00 worth of duty free merchandise per guest. Each guest who is 21 or older is limited to 2 liters of alcohol duty free. Do I need to buy a duty free tag or something before going? So confused, i just want to bring back a bottle of rum and some cheap suveniors.

13 days and counting....only 6 1/2 workdays remaining!!! woot woot!!!

:cheer2::scared:

:thanks::thanks::thanks:Quick question for the pro's out there. I would like to purchase items at the marketplace in Nassau, and hear about a duty free tax. I research to find that we can bring back $800.00 worth of duty free merchandise per guest. Each guest who is 21 or older is limited to 2 liters of alcohol duty free. Do I need to buy a duty free tag or something before going? So confused, i just want to bring back a bottle of rum and some cheap suveniors.

13 days and counting....only 6 1/2 workdays remaining!!! woot woot!!!

:cheer2::scared:

You will get a customs form the last night of the cruise. You have to declare whatever you buy on the form. You give the form to a customs agent when you leave the port. You don't have to show them what you bought. Although I suppose you could have your luggage inspected. I have never had anyone go through our bags to confirm what we reported was correct. You do have to abide by the two bottle rule. We had to carry a bottle off for my brother-in-law after a Carnival cruise so he wouldn't exceed the limit. If you are just looking for one bottle and some cheap suveniors, you should be fine. No tags needed.

My family is new to the DCL family and I didn't know that there were sign ups to participate in the FE. I got my kids all excited about exchanging gifts that I would hate to let them down. I know there are others that didn't know either and would like their children to experience the fun tradition.

Sail Date: September 8, 2013 Disney Dream

My family is new to the DCL family and I didn't know that there were sign ups to participate in the FE. I got my kids all excited about exchanging gifts that I would hate to let them down. I know there are others that didn't know either and would like their children to experience the fun tradition.

Sail Date: September 8, 2013 Disney Dream

Welcome stepharox! I've added you to the roll call. We had a few last minute additions so there is a small FE group that was recently opened through our FB page. The links to the FB page and FE Group #3 are in the first post of this tread.

You will get a customs form the last night of the cruise. You have to declare whatever you buy on the form. You give the form to a customs agent when you leave the port. You don't have to show them what you bought. Although I suppose you could have your luggage inspected. I have never had anyone go through our bags to confirm what we reported was correct. You do have to abide by the two bottle rule. We had to carry a bottle off for my brother-in-law after a Carnival cruise so he wouldn't exceed the limit. If you are just looking for one bottle and some cheap suveniors, you should be fine. No tags needed.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

DH and I, DD and DSonIL and his parents will be on this cruise. Can't wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter