September 5th 2016, 4 Night Dream Cruise

This will be my first Disney cruise and my children's first cruise. I will check here often for tips. I want to make the most of our experience and include the children with fish extenders ... if there is a group please point me in the right directions. I have (2 girls at time of sail 5, 9 and 1 boy 5). I'm so excited I've only told my husband I've booked waiting to tell the kids.

Hi Cyndi and welcome to Disney Cruising and welcome to the Disboards! This thread is specific to the Sept 5th four night cruise and as time goes by, other people will join in and most likely set up a fish extender group. Keep tabs on this thread. Allot of information is also available on the main Disney Cruise Forum so check there regarding general Q&A. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, we have cruised often.

Hi there! I'm Sarah, and my boyfriend Trevor will be joining me. Our first Disney cruise was last year's Labor Day cruise. We had such an excellent time that we booked on board for this year! As you know, there's just too much on the ship to do in 4 nights, as we can't wait to try out all the stuff we missed. Mostly, we just can't wait until September! ;-)

Hi Sarah, welcome to the Sept 5th thread. Only 243 days, 10 hours, 9 minutes until we board the ship!

Tip of the Day/Week/Month - If you guys haven't done so yet, download the Disney Cruise line app (for both Andriod and i Phone). It gives you countdown information and then when you get on the ship, it connects to wifi and provides allot of useful information

Last edited:
Hi All -
I just booked our trip and am so excited. I've never been on a cruise or to the Bahamas, so am counting the days to September.
I'll be bringing my daughter (4 at sailing) and mom for a daughter/mom/grandma girls getaway :)
I'm reading all of the blogs and forums trying to get up to speed on what to expect.....but does anything *special* occur on the ship for Labor Day?
Thanks!
-April

Hi April - this is amazing! Your first cruise and first post (on the disboards), Sarah's 2nd post and Cyndi's first post and first cruise. Welcome to all new cruisers and new Disboard members. To answer your question about something special on this cruise, last year's 4 night Labor Day's cruise (which actually started on September 7th) was the first cruise of the year celebrating Halloween. I am hoping they start the Halloween celebration on our cruise this year too in fact, I have written DCL asking them to do that. The Halloween cruises are allot of fun with tons of things to do for both parents and kids. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Tip of the Day/Week/Month - PASSPORTS. You'll need them. Plenty of time to get them if you don't have them, just don't wait

Last edited:
Tip of the Day/Week/Month - arrive early on embarkation day. It's the first day of your cruise so make the most of it! In you day bag, bring bathing suits (among other essentials such as meds, sun tan lotion, etc) so you can enjoy the pools and Aquaduck before your room is ready. Food/drink stations will be serving so live it up!

Tip of the Day/Week/Month - EXCURSIONS. Although this is only a 4 day cruise and the only stops are in Nassau Bahamas and Castaway Cay, there are plenty of things to do "off the ship". First time cruisers need to do their research before making decisions. There are numerous threads on the main DCL Forum about every excursion offered, just search for them. I've done some but not many as we enjoy the relaxation that the ship and Castaway Cay offer.

Just booked our first DCL cruise. We'll be traveling with our 2yo daughter and 5yo son. Very excited and they have no idea, we're going as a back to school surprise after a long summer :)

Great, welcome to Disney Cruising and the Disboards. You and your family are in for a treat.

Hi All,

This will be the second cruise for my boyfriend, Johnathan and I. We enjoyed our 5 night cruise on the Magic back in December so much that we decided to book onboard for Labor Day. Only 230-something more days before we are back on DCL.

-Courtney

Hello Everybody!! I'am super excited we just booked our cruise today..to celebrate my Birthday on Sept. 5 and My Son Nicholas Birthday on Sept. 6
We are super excited..there is 4 of us My Husband, son, daughter and me. We want to be part of the Fish Extender Exchange we I need a little help with the directions on how it works. Thank you guys!!! We can Wait!!!!!

Hi Courtney and Johnathan! Glad that you're with us. 231 days until we get on the ship. Can't wait

Hi Cynthia! First Disney Cruise for you and your family?

Hi! No is actually our 4 th cruise with Disney but 1st time on the Dream and with a Deluxe Family Verandah stateroom we are soooo excited!!! Looking forward to it ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter