September 4th (2004) Disney Magic Cruise List

just checked and we are now officially doing the double digit dance.

looked in at the cruise list and noticed that i can't count our party is 13 instead of 11. sorry about that grampa and grandma. lol.

Originally posted by Snowwark
Requesting permission to come aboard this thread! :D

My DH (John) and I (Kim), will be joining you on the Magic, and it's our very first cruise, ever!!!! :sunny:

Hello and welcome aboard Kim and John!

Glad to see that you found the thread and decided to post. We have started a Disney Magic September 4th Cruise Site at <a href="http://www.threecircles.net">ThreeCircles.net</a>. Please be sure to send in your groups info if you like!

Phil--

I didn't catch that either! ;) I'll be sure to make the change the next time I update the site.

Jason

hey this is weird, just looked at my post and for some reason my counter is gone and i,ve got the banner from jason's post. would love to be bringing the magic home but alas we will not be on board. can't figure out how that could change.

Doing the double digit dance for our trip (we go in on September 3, so we are a day ahead of the cruise countdown)!!! It's a big day.

Nothing like the Double Digit Dance! Well, except maybe the Single Digit Dance. :teeth:

Travis and I have been looking over the Disney excursion list for PR and we are interested in several of them at this point.

The El Yunque Rainforest Tour, of course. The Bacardi Rum Distillery tour and Nature Walk Through La Mina Falls at the Rainforest.

not sure which we'll end up doing yet.

ok, I've got to bring us back to page 1.

Been busy reading the eastern repo cruise but realize I NEED a vacation WAY before then.

at least it will lessen the post-cruise-blues knowing that i already hve another trip planned.

Originally posted by Windermere
at least it will lessen the post-cruise-blues knowing that i already hve another trip planned.

My thoughts exactly Nancy!

We're still working our way through PDCD (Post Disney Cruise Depression) from our May voyage but the prospect of our Back-to-Back cruise has helped out a lot.

That and the whole idea that we are visiting a whole new and exciting port of call this time around!

Hi all--

Just a quick note to let you know that we've added a new cruiser to the Disney Magic September 4th Cruise Site!

And, thanks to this new cruiser (TonyF) we now have the official DCL San Juan excursion descriptions and price lists on the site too.

Thanks Tony!!!

DW and I are there again this year. We went the first week of Sept. last year Western Carr. and just loved it. Some folks we met on the cruise last year are also going again. Have the REAS booked with all resssies made for Palos and spa. Flying down on Sept. 3 staying at the Hyatt and taking a towncar to port. We have everything planned. Except, Sept. 3 can't get here soon enough.

Hello Wildcatmickey!

Glad to see that you'll be with us. This thread has been a bit quiet of late but it should liven up as the cruise approaches.

Please feel free to send in your info to the Disney Magic September 4th Cruise Site at <a href="http://www.threecircles.net">ThreeCircles.net</a> if you like. You can find lots of info on the other cruisers on the site.

We've decided to cancel this time around and try the Mariner instead. There was a tremendous cost difference that will allow us to stay longer at the parks before & after in one of the deluxe hotels instead of the value resorts. It was one of the more difficult decisions we've had to make and hope that you all enjoy.

Tony--

Sorry to hear that we won't get a chance to sail with you. But that's great news that you'll be able to spend more time at the parks.

I hope you all have a great cruise!

Jason

To all my fellow cruisers,

My wife, daughter 8, and I are looking forward to joining in on the cruise. We are all excited, as this will be our first cruising experience. My daughter is especially excited, as she loves all things Disney (as do my wife and I, just not to the same degree). We have been to WDW several times over the past few years.

We are lucky in that we get to enjoy Florida in July. We will be there over the 4th of July week visiting family. Our hope is to sneak in some time at WDW. I know my family has already scheduled SW, DC, and Busch Gardens. We just have to steer them towards the mouse parks.

Jason, I guess that I can no longer be considered a lurker (over two years of visiting the disboards), since this is my first official post.

Anyway, we look forward to meeting with you all and joining in the excitement.

:wave2: TonyF :wave2:

TonyF--

Glad to see you on the Dis Board! I was hoping you would come out of Lurkerdom and help me get this thread going!

It's just been too quiet in here and I feel like I'm talking to myself. Which, on occasion, can be fun but not on a discussion board. :teeth:

Anyway, welcome again!

ThreeCircles,

Thanks for the welcome. The thread does look like it needs some livening up, and I am just the person.

We wouldn't want you to have to talk to yourself! I'm sure there are some sort of mental qualifications required in order for you to be able to cruise, and you might not pass them if you continue down that path!!!:crazy:

Since you and Travis seem to be the Disney Cruise experts on our voyage, I'd like to ask you a question. What are some of the better activities you guys have done on the St. Thomas/St. John stop? I was thinking of getting in a round of golf, but I might end up swimming with the fishes I do that. :fish: :fish:

Tell Travis we'll have to buy him a belated-B'Day cocktail once we meet up. If you guys celebrate b'day's like we do, then the celebration will still be going on when we board. :bday:

I too will be celebrating a b'day while on board. Mine happens to come on CC day during the cruise, and I can't wait to have one of those famous Konk Coolers that I have read so much about.

To the rest of my fellow cruisers, to use an excerpt from one of my daughter's favorite songs, "LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!"
:cool1:

TonyF

Tony--

Sorry it's taken so long to reply to your post. We were at Disney today and just now got back home (11:32 P.M.) We stopped at Olivia's at Old Key West for lunch and then headed to Disney-MGM Studios for the afternoon/evening. And now, I'm tired!
sleeping.gif

This will be our third visit to St. Thomas and we have tried a few different things on the island. On our first visit in May of 2003 we took a taxi to down town Charlot Amalia and shopped. The downtown area had over 300 shops according to the Shopping In Paradise Guide. There's also restaurants, art galleries, and neat walkways and pathways. It was a lot of fun just to explore the downtown area on our own.

Last month was our second visit to the island so we wanted to do some excursions. We pre-booked the St. John Eco Hike through Disney Cruise Line and we also booked tram tickets to visit Paradise Point.

I have to say that the Eco Hike was a great experience and one that both Travis and I enjoyed a lot. The guide, Thunder Hawk, was very knowledgeable about the island and pointed a lot of things out that we would have missed had we visited the island by ourselves. St. John is just beautiful! (The vast majority of St. John is a national park with hiking trails that you can visit on your own if you wish.) He also provided a great deal of historical information on the island too.

The excursion also included a visit to Honeymoon Bay. A spectacular beach that the Eco Hike group (about 25 people from the Magic) had practically all to ourselves.

The excursion included a water taxi ride on the Island Girl from St. Thomas to St. John. It probably took 20-25 minutes to get to St. John and was a bit rough in some spots but we enjoyed this part of the excursion too. There was a guide on the taxi that also pointed out some local spots of interest on the island's coast (Madonna's home, Michael Jordan’s three homes, etc.) and talked about the history of the island.

All in all, I would rate this excursion highly and definitely recommend it.

Last month we also visited Paradise Point. It's a short cable car ride to a ridge overlooking the port. They have some bird shows, shops, and a cafe at the summit. The views are spectacular from there and it was a great place to grab a cool drink (they have a legendary drink called the Bushwhacker, *very* yummy!) and a snack after the Eco Hike.

I'm not too sure what we'll plan on doing this time around. We'll have to look over the excursions again and see if anything sticks out at us.

Ahhh, the famous Konk Coolers! Yes, they are very tasty indeed! And most appropriate for a birthday! ::yes:: Thankfully you can get them at any bar on the ship too on any day. So, you can start the birthday celebration early once you board! :teeth:

I think our thread will become more active as the sailing approaches. Until then, we'll just have to keep it alive! :D

Now, off to bed for me. I need to recover from Disney. :)

Jason,

I hope you enjoyed your day at Disney. My daughter would have us going every weekend if we lived in Florida. Thanks for the info on St. Thomas/St. John. I have to run off to play golf this morning, so I'll post again later this afternoon. If you are that tired, you might just get to this post by then.:D Get some rest.

TonyF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter